• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks for creating and reposting all these, Leo!

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
thnks leo do u need the actual hair for theses to work as ive never used refits b4

Yes, you must own the original hair product. You probably have hair that includes fits - this is the same thing...it will change the dimensions of the hair, trans, etc, so it fits Dawn or Dusk. :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
GOOD GRAVY THANK YOU!!!!!!! I did my own 'fit' on the fly when I used the All back Koz hair, but it was after I posed her...looking at the OTHER side later, oh oh! LOL! So good to have one made properly! wooo hooo!

oh oh JESSIE!? never mind... back to the drawing board...

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Thanks...the poser ones will be very useful...I've managed to convert many of the Genesis ones using autofit already but very nice work!
How do you convert the hair and then save it to use on them again in the future without having to do the autofit again?

I can't seem to convert any of the Genesis hair for Dawn. Everytime I go to use the autofit it tells me it's unsupported. How do I do the conversion?

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I use Joe/Netherworks' Hair Conversion System. Since he's moving his store from RDNA, I'm not sure if it's still available there. The HCS is free, it's the addons for sets of characters that are extra. I know I posted on their forums months ago for one for Dusk, and I think someone else asked for Luna, but with his new full-time job, he said they won't be happening any time soon.

OK, I just checked, and all his utilities for Poser are gone from his RDNA store. I don't know if he's had time to set up a new store, so this is just going to be of help in the future. I'm not sure if there's been official word on it yet, but I believe he "may" be bringing his goodies here to the HW store. :D

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
I use Joe/Netherworks' Hair Conversion System. Since he's moving his store from RDNA, I'm not sure if it's still available there. The HCS is free, it's the addons for sets of characters that are extra. I know I posted on their forums months ago for one for Dusk, and I think someone else asked for Luna, but with his new full-time job, he said they won't be happening any time soon.

OK, I just checked, and all his utilities for Poser are gone from his RDNA store. I don't know if he's had time to set up a new store, so this is just going to be of help in the future. I'm not sure if there's been official word on it yet, but I believe he "may" be bringing his goodies here to the HW store. :D
Darn. I need more stuff for the Hivewire figures.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I use a method posted by Ram over in the Daz forum for converting hair to Genesis figures. I'm not on the computer yet as I just woke up but from memory you load Dawn, then load the hair.
You will need to have a clone for auto fit for the figure the hair was originally for. I made mine using the tutorial by 3d Outlaw to creat the v4 one and there was a pose file that would help with the process. Then used the same process to make a Genesis one. I also use Dvl_Lvd's projection templates as he has one for the head.

If it's a cr2 the process is fairly easy and I just load with the figure selected, auto fit pops up. Choose the clone and the head template I use the clean version. And it should convert to the right size. I always add a smoothing modifier as this will add collision. This will help when dialling any changes to the head size. Most duf files also convert this way. They actually seem to work the best.

If it's a hr2 file the process is a bit more complex. As I said not at the computer so I'm doing this from memory.
When you load the hair it will most likely load parented to the head. Select the hair in the scene tab. Click on either the line menu on the top right hand side of the tab or the name on the tab. This will bring up a menu. Go to edit/rigging /convert prop to figure. Do not attempt to fit the hair.
Then go to the parameters tab and fit it toDawn this will now pop up auto fit and you follow the same process as above.

To save, select the hair. Go to file/save as /support asset/figure prop . Choose where you want to save it and name the file. I normally use the hair name and add dawn. Hit ok. A new box will pop up. The main thing with this new box is to tell it what type of file it is. Clicking on the top box will give you a list of options. Choose follower/hair iirc .

The other options don't have to be filled but I normally fill the second one and also th bottom one. I'm not sure though if Dawn automatically shows up in the list yet. I added her to my list when I first got her and at the moment can't remember how I did it. Hope this helps...if I don't have a clone specifically for dawn I will fit it to genesis first and save then fit it Dawn. Genesis has clones for all gen 3& 4 figures. You could even dial in v4 and save it like that and then convert it. With a prop hair now that I know the process generally it takes about 10-15 min to convert a hair. Some hairs don't convert well but there is always the old fashioned way of scale and fit then parent.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Personally I just position with XYZ - the hair (I do not "conform or parent"!) after posing the figure the way I want it. Then I scale and adjust as needed. I am using poser by the way. Doing it this way gives me the freedom to use any hair from any figure, on any figure.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That's sort of what I do Lyne, if I don't have a clone for a figure. Some hairstyles don't work with autofit just like some outfits.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE

There has been official word - he announced at RDNA that he'd be coming to HW, but he's not had a chance to get things to us yet.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Alisa well that's good news! I have never used his hair conversion system but I've heard good things about it. :)