• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've used it several times to convert a number of V4 hair to Dawn. What I like about Joe's products is, he sets them up so you get popups during the process to tell you exactly what to do next.

Oh, and thanks for the confirmation Alisa. ;)

Last edited:

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
I've used it several times to convert a number of V4 hair to Dawn. What I like about Joe's products is, he sets them up so you get popups during the process to tell you exactly what to do next.

Thanks for the confirmation Alisa. ;)
I hope they will still be free when they get here.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The HCS itself is free CB. The addons as to which particular character you want to convert to is not free, though I don't believe they were expensive.

Last edited:

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Genesis Hairs :)

Thank you so much for the hair fits. I am having a little problem. After I load Dawn and then the hair figure I want to use. I then select the hair and then select the hair fit for that hair. And then I manually parent it to the head, but when I go to poser her the hair doesn't follow her. Can you help me please?

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That is weird, Cajun, very weird and very aggravating for you. If you parent the hair to the head, it should follow the pose. All the hairfit pose is doing is saving you from having to faff around altering the fit yourself, it shouldn't make any difference to the pose. I'm not at my computer at the mo but later this arvo when I am, I will copy what you are doing and see if I can duplicate what's happening. Tres weird indeed.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
That is weird, Cajun, very weird and very aggravating for you. If you parent the hair to the head, it should follow the pose. All the hairfit pose is doing is saving you from having to faff around altering the fit yourself, it shouldn't make any difference to the pose. I'm not at my computer at the mo but later this arvo when I am, I will copy what you are doing and see if I can duplicate what's happening. Tres weird indeed.
That is the story of my life. I get all the weird and bizarre stuff happening to me.

Lorraine

You sound like my mum. Everytime she bought anything electric it caused her grief. She got to the stage she was so sick of it she would make someone else 'buy' it for her to break the jinx. Worked too :)

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
You sound like my mum. Everytime she bought anything electric it caused her grief. She got to the stage she was so sick of it she would make someone else 'buy' it for her to break the jinx. Worked too :)
Pretty much everything in life gives me problems not just electronics,lol. And nothing ever goes to plan either. Everytime I make plans I am really nervious all the way up until I'm actually at the event or enjoying the plans.

Lorraine

Rightio. Have loaded Dawn, loaded Aldora Hair, used LeoLee's preset, manually fitted the hair to Dawn's head and thus:

aldora hair.jpg

The hair is following the pose. So I haven't duplicated your problem but I must just ask, are you sure you parented it to Dawn's head? I have sometimes accidently parented things to the wrong 'head' and then things haven't gone to plan.

Last edited:

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Rightio. Have loaded Dawn, loaded Aldora Hair, used LeoLee's preset, manually fitted the hair to Dawn's head and thus:

View attachment 7865

The hair is follwing the pose. So I haven't duplicated your problem but I must just ask, are you sure you parented it to Dawn's head? I have sometimes accidently parented things to the wrong 'head' and then things haven't gone to plan.
She's got two heads? I would think that I was parenting it to the head. I'm confused now lol. Can you show me where you parented your hair to?

Lorraine

Sorry I got you confused. Clothing can have a 'head' and I've parented it to that. I will do it again tomorrow and take a screenshot.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Do you have the Wildmane hair. That's the hair and the hair fit I used. I can try the hair you used and see if I get the same results.

Lorraine

I do and I will, Cajun, though it won't be today now. I'm off ashore soon and I won't be back till late. But definitely tomorrow.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
I do and I will, Cajun, though it won't be today now. I'm off ashore soon and I won't be back till late. But definitely tomorrow.
Ok well let me know what you get when you can do it. I'm need to fix this issue so I can use all the free fits out there properly and increase my library.

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Thank you so much for the hair fits. I am having a little problem. After I load Dawn and then the hair figure I want to use. I then select the hair and then select the hair fit for that hair. And then I manually parent it to the head, but when I go to poser her the hair doesn't follow her. Can you help me please?

Hi Cajun! Sorry for the delay to reply! (lot of job)

To use the Hair Fits, load Dawn and load the hair you want to. If Autofit dialog box appears, click Cancel.
Then select the hair and use the refit for that hair.
Parent the hair to the head by right clicking in the hair and choose Change "hair's name" Parent...
in the menu and look for the Dawn's head and click Accept.
And apply any pose to test it. :)
Any doubt, reply!

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
She's got two heads? I would think that I was parenting it to the head. I'm confused now lol. Can you show me where you parented your hair to?

The hair have a head bone. You can have confused it with the Dawn's head.
Sometimes I do that. :)

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Hi Cajun! Sorry for the delay to reply! (lot of job)

To use the Hair Fits, load Dawn and load the hair you want to. If Autofit dialog box appears, click Cancel.
Then select the hair and use the refit for that hair.
Parent the hair to the head by right clicking in the hair and choose Change "hair's name" Parent...
in the menu and look for the Dawn's head and click Accept.
And apply any pose to test it. :)
Any doubt, reply!
It worked this time. I was doing the drag and drop method for the parenting. I did the right click method and it worked. Very odd.