• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I was going to make Dawn a handbag...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Don't get me wrong, its great you actually do research. It means you'll make products that both male AND females want (sometimes it seams a little one sided at times in this 3D world :))

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Research is good, all the time, everytime. Asking for comments is good, all the time, everytime. You are doing a super swell job :)

eclark1894

Visionary
Jumping the gun a bit here, because I've just started texturing the purse, but I still have morphs to do for the straps and opening of the purse. I need to check around though and see if there is a way to move the axis point of rotation in Blender.

eclark1894

Visionary
And five hours later...

purse3.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I need to check around though and see if there is a way to move the axis point of rotation in Blender.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean here, but if I'm reading this correctly, check to see where your "origin" is set. I know when I import an OBJ created in other software, the first thing I do in Object mode, is select the item and click on the Set Origin link in the Tools menu on the left, and then select Origin to Geometry. Otherwise, with the origin at 0 / 0 / 0, and the object at a point where it would be needed in a scene, for example, at Dawn's hip height for the purse, it rotates around at a very wide strange angle.

If that's not what you're referring to, then I don't know what to suggest.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm not exactly sure what you mean here, but if I'm reading this correctly, check to see where your "origin" is set. I know when I import an OBJ created in other software, the first thing I do in Object mode, is select the item and click on the Set Origin link in the Tools menu on the left, and then select Origin to Geometry. Otherwise, with the origin at 0 / 0 / 0, and the object at a point where it would be needed in a scene, for example, at Dawn's hip height for the purse, it rotates around at a very wide strange angle.

If that's not what you're referring to, then I don't know what to suggest.
I'm still working on the geometry, Miss B. In this case, I'm trying to open the lid of the purse as part of a morph.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, OK. Hmmmm, not having done that sort of thing before, I'm not sure.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh ... let's see. What do I carry with me in my not a purse?

A tiny little travel wallet which can be worn over the shoulder, big enough to hold change, dollar bills, and frequently used ID. It gets stuck in the front pocket of my backpack with the cord wrapped around it. When I go down to the food cart, I clip my Employer/Building ID and key to a loop.

The Kindle goes into the zippered pocket right behind the front pocket.

Cell phone goes in one side zippered pocket. Opposite side zippered pocket is for the charger/cord.
Sometimes a sample Purell Hand Sanitizer is stored there too, other times it's left in the car. I tend to use Purell most often when my hands break out in hives and are itching while I'm driving. It does ease the itching for a bit.

On one side of the backpack is a pocket for a water bottle. That's where my gloves get stashed during the winter.

Car key on one clip, Apartment key & Mailbox key on a second clip, and Employer/Building ID and key on a third clip are always clipped to a ring on the backpack.

Inside the backpack is the zippered pouch which was originally intended for computer accessories.
That holds a pen (unless I've lost it again), checkbook, additional ID & passport, Auto paperwork (Registration/Insurance), spare keys (apartment & auto), prescription slips, and eyeglass wipes.

A mini umbrella is stuck in there too. For those days when it's a heavy rain. Otherwise, I just use the hood of my jacket. Not like I'm walking a mile to my car or I'm going to melt if I get wet. Besides, an umbrella doesn't really work all that well to keep you dry when the rain is being blown by a strong wind.

Back pocket holds paperwork from doctor or vet visits and maintenance appointments.
Oddly enough. There really isn't anything in my backpack that is supposedly typical for women to carry.

My not a purse is a Trager laptop backpack I bought in 2007. It's held up well for nine years and looks like it should last well into retirement. Normally, I buy Eagle Creek, but when I was looking to replace my last backpack, I couldn't find an Eagle Creek backpack with all the zippered pockets and compartments I wanted.

eclark1894

Visionary
Looking good, Earl!
Thanks, Lisa! Think Dawn will like it?:D

Miss B, I worked it out... sorta. This was the morph I was working on. But here again, i run into a problem. How detailed do I make these things? Do I make the inner pockets? Do I make the inner pockets morph open and closed? That sort of thing.

purse4.png

eclark1894

Visionary
BTW, anybody know Hivewire's official position on guns? I think Dawn should carry in case she's attacked by one of thos seedy looking Genesis fellows.:laugh:

Miss B

CV-BEE
:rofl: I wouldn't worry about a gun Earl. She can always pick up a gun anywhere. If it's in her purse, it wouldn't be parented to her anyway, so wouldn't have to be made for her specifically. :D

eclark1894

Visionary
:rofl: I wouldn't worry about a gun Earl. She can always pick up a gun anywhere. If it's in her purse, it wouldn't be parented to her anyway, so wouldn't have to be made for her specifically. :D
Remember the joke that started this thread off about the purse being a TARDIS? Well this is the gun she can hide in the purse.:D

gun.png

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
LOL...Miss B, as an Australian(we have very tight gun laws here) that scares the bejesus out of me. Apart from farmers and criminals most people in Australia don't have guns...it is so hard for me to imagine owning one let alone using one.