• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I was going to make Dawn a handbag...

eclark1894

Visionary
Went on a tear tonight and made some stuff that every girl needs in her purse. Keys, compact, lipstick and hand sanitizer. I'm REALLY proud of that sanitizer. Even made bubbles suspended in the gel.:geek:

pursestuff.png

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Went on a tear tonight and made some stuff that every girl needs in her purse. Keys, compact, lipstick and hand sanitizer. I'm REALLY proud of that sanitizer. Even made bubbles suspended in the gel.:geek:

Those looks great. And I can see why you are proud of the hand sanitizer. Not only is the pump on top great, but those bubbles really look good.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
My problem with weightmapping in poser is all the tutorials I've seen so far assume you know how to do the basic stuff which I don't. Also I don't have a clue how to group...I'm going to check Traci's tutorial out and see if that helps me.

I'm learning a lot of this myself, but grouping is the one thing I do know. However it makes a difference if you are trying to group a whole figure (like Diva) or just clothing. Clothing is pretty easy in the fitting room.

eclark1894

Visionary
I know women carry some other things but hear me out on this...
1) I'm not sure how much of this stuff will even really fit into the purse
2) Putting things in the purse makes it seem more realistic, but really most of it will be out of sight and won't even be rendered.
3) the only practical purpose for it is to show it either being seen put in or taken out of the purse.
4. I don't want to make some items. I feel a little weird about making sanitary napkins and tampons, even for a virtual girl like Dawn. Of course I would make them if I was doing an ad or something. I'll have to think on that.
5) Is it really necessary? I have at least 3 or 4 mobile phone props in my runtime, and I know Daz has some props on sale from other vendors.

What do you guys and gals think?

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I know women carry some other things but hear me out on this...
1) I'm not sure how much of this stuff will even really fit into the purse
2) Putting things in the purse makes it seem more realistic, but really most of it will be out of sight and won't even be rendered.
3) the only practical purpose for it is to show it either being seen put in or taken out of the purse.
4. I don't want to make some items. I feel a little weird about making sanitary napkins and tampons, even for a virtual girl like Dawn. Of course I would make them if I was doing an ad or something. I'll have to think on that.
5) Is it really necessary? I have at least 3 or 4 mobile phone props in my runtime, and I know Daz has some props on sale from other vendors.

What do you guys and gals think?

I wouldn't worry about making any more props. Like you said, if they are just in the purse they won't be seen, but it's nice to have a few that can be used outside of the purse. I think you have a good selection of stuff already.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I agree with GG, I don't think it needs any more props. What you have done looks great and sufficient.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'll third what the others have said...plenty of props as is. In a bag like that you wouldn't fit much.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, maybe a cellphone? Just kidding Earl, you did a good job with what you've done already. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So true Fairy...I have a number of products that include makeup...the only thing I think I don't have is the Sanitary products Earl mentioned but I'm not sure if I want or would use those...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yeah, that's getting a bit personal, if you know what I mean.

A pack of tissues is one thing. I always have a pack of tissues with me. With my allergies, it's an absolute necessity.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha, just because its something we have to have at certain times in our real life bags, its not something I want to put in my runtime :D (If I could ignore it completely I would) :D

eclark1894

Visionary
haha, just because its something we have to have at certain times in our real life bags, its not something I want to put in my runtime :D (If I could ignore it completely I would) :D
Well, not having a girlfriend or wife, and not wanting to come off weird to my family and friends, I have to do my research online. Know what i mean?:(