• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I was going to make Dawn a handbag...

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
DS used to reset the origins on parented Poser props. That means that a door that had the joint origin set to one side to allow it to open and close will have the origin dead center of the door and it will rotate around the center instead of opening on one side. The solution used to be don't smart parent props. Make a figure instead. I do not know if this behaviour has changed in recent versions of Studio. I do not use it. I am sure that a DS user could provide a simple solution but the last time I used the parenting method to rig a bureau and side table for a DS using friend the axis of rotation reverted to dead center. Locking the origin in the pp2 by hand may solve it for Studio. I have not tried. The other option is ARC or JCM. Depending upon what abbreviation you like to use.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I couldn't answer that Earl as I've never made props. I'd be surprised if it wasn't possible though...I would imagine that the geometry editor might be the spot to look first.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That makes sense...I was pretty sure it would be possible. Just didn't have a clue how to do it!

eclark1894

Visionary
I just had an interesting idea. Does anyone think it's possible to use a dependent parameter dial to make an actual zipper that works to open and close in Poser?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hmm neato idea!!

I'd love to have that on a leather jacket! Sort of like the one Michael Jackson wore in thriller?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
You could link the open zipper to a morph of the boots opening at the top or you could do it the other way around or even as a single morph. Morph control morphs is what they are called or MCM's...

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
LOL, I have the jacket it's a pretty sweet feature!! Wish you could do it like a motorcycle jacket and have zippers on the sleeves, and sides ect. that you could zip or unzip for different looks.