• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I was going to make Dawn a handbag...

eclark1894

Visionary
She needs one. So I started looking up some hand bags and this one from Louis Vitton popped up.

louis-vuitton-twist-mm-epi-leather-handbags--M51006_PM2_Front view.jpg

Ladies! Are you people out of your ever loving cotton pickin' MINDS?! This bag costs 4000 US dollars. If I spent that much money for a handbag, it had better be a fully camouflaged Dr. Who TARDIS!:eek:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm not. I don't see the appeal of a Louis Vitton handbag, much less one that costs $4,000 dollars. But I also have only a handful of shoes.

Personally, I'm a backpack kind of girl. And my current backpack is closing in on 10 years.

And ... I rather agree that a $4,000 handbag better be a fully camouflaged Doctor Who TARDIS!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Um ... the I'm not was to the first post. In other words ... I'm not out of my ever loving cotton pickin' MIND.

Though, I'd probably not complain about the price if you tried to sell a 3D handbag for $4,000. I just would blink my eyes a few times and wonder if it was a TARDIS.

eclark1894

Visionary
You know, I'll probably make it anyway, but I have add a lipstick and compact inside so I won't feel like I'm ripping people off. This purse will be stupid easy to make.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Nice, she does need stuff like this!

And yeah, I'm with both of you - any handbag costing that kind of money better actually be a Tardis in disguise. My main purse is a little waistpack I probably paid $2 for at a thriftshop...which is where I get most clothes (when I buy them). New ones (not typical) are from a Walmart type place.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I stop looking at purses if the price tags start rising above 20 bucks. So I've never seen a Louis Vitton bag, except on tv of course.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK Earl, you had me literally laughing out loud with the reference to the Tardis in disguise.

When I was still working, I bought only Coach bags, and though some of them can run around $100 or more, I picked them all up at an outlet store when I was on one of my summer weekends out in the Hamptons. There's a Coach outlet in Amagansett, and I can't recall any summer when I didn't pick up at least one Coach bag. The beauty of them is they last forever, literally. I have every Coach bag I bought back in the 80s and 90s and they're all still in pretty good condition.

Why I spent that much on a purse? I'm very hard on handbags, especially when I was working and throwing them into the car, and into my desk drawer, and goodness knows where else, so the Coach bags were the only ones that could take the beating, and still look good. Also, they're guaranteed for a lifetime, and the one time the closure on one of my bags came undone, I took it to a local Coach store near my office, and they fixed it . . . for free! You just can't beat that.

As far as Louis Vitton goes, not in THIS lifetime, or any other for that matter. I do like the style Earl, and should be fairly easy for you to get done. ;) Hey I just had an idea!! Yeah, I know, strange for me, BUT, how about replacing the VL logo with an HW logo. :D

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Are you going to make the stuff that goes into it also? Like keys, lipstick, compact, small bottle of lotion, cell phone, sunglasses, wallet?

Very kewl and yes she does need a handbag!! I love anything Louis Vitton !! Or Jimmy Choo! =P as far as shoes go LOL!

eclark1894

Visionary
Are you going to make the stuff that goes into it also? Like keys, lipstick, compact, small bottle of lotion, cell phone, sunglasses, wallet?

Very kewl and yes she does need a handbag!! I love anything Louis Vitton !! Or Jimmy Choo! =P as far as shoes go LOL!
Okay, here's the problem with the list of stuff that fits into a purse. I don't have a girlfriend or own a purse, so I have to go by what women tell me they want or need, and two: It might be better to add all that into an add on pack. Especially if I decide to make more than one style of purse/handbag.

BTW, I've already started on the LV style purse. The body of the bag took me all of four minutes to make. It's that chain strap that's making me ponder a bit. It's easy enough to model, but it'll be a pain to morph.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
LOL! No worries!

I was just wondering if you were going to do that or not, but a variety of handbag designs might be very neat to have for Dawn!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Personally I prefer a satchel style bag...that one would be way to small for all the stuff that I tend to carry.

It is a nice bag...but you're not paying for the bag at that price but the name. It's a status symbol that most people would never dream of buying.

Dawn needs some status symbols for those who do contemporary renders...

eclark1894

Visionary
Personally I prefer a satchel style bag...that one would be way to small for all the stuff that I tend to carry.

It is a nice bag...but you're not paying for the bag at that price but the name. It's a status symbol that most people would never dream of buying.

Dawn needs some status symbols for those who do contemporary renders...
Geez, Pen, I'm already building the girl her own house!;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
LOL...that's another status symbol also, never said it wasn't. But girl's need girl stuff like bags, diamonds etc...;)

A girl has to have bling...or as my daughter would say shinies!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I think an addon would be a great idea, like a matching makeup kit where we put items like lipstick and small bottle of hand lotion, etc.. Keys, of course, would go into an inside compartment of the bag. ;) One of my favorite purses, though not this VL style, had two pouches on the outside. One for my cellphone, and one with a snap flap where I always kept tissues.

Miss B

CV-BEE
A girl has to have bling...or as my daughter would say shinies!
Oh yeah, definitely have to have bling. I, however, usually use "shiny" for swords and such. ;) I'm sure your daughter wasn't referring to "those" kind of shinies. :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Oh...I wouldn't be too sure about that she does like swords and knives as well...and uses it for both.