• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I was going to make Dawn a handbag...

eclark1894

Visionary
Hmm, I originally started this thread jokingly, but now I have the feeling it's going to turn into another WIP thread. Someone tell Alisa she needs to move it.:laugh:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I might be able to do that for you Earl...I can move it into the 3D content development area for you.

Edited to add...I've moved it.:)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know how anyone can spend that kind of money on anything like that (more money than sense I'm sure).
I'd rather spend it on a few cheap ones in different shapes and colours :)

HW.png

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That handbag for all its outrageous price in RL is just the sort I like. A long strap that can be slung like a satchel. When travelling by dinghy one does NOT want a purse falling off one's shoulder ;) And in it I would carry wallet, phone, lip balm, reading glasses and a USB stick. Keys if I'm ashore.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't know how anyone can spend that kind of money on anything like that (more money than sense I'm sure).
Ladies (or their husbands/boyfriends) who have more money than they know what to do with, will spend that kind of money, and not blink an eyelash about it.

I like the style, I just don't buy things for the "prestige" a VL purse would supposedly give me. I'll take Coach any day of the week, and they're not cheap by any means either, but certainly not in the range of a Louis Vuitton. ~shakes head~

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
BTW Rae, I like that logo you came up with. At first I didn't notice it because I use the Blackend-Green theme here on the forum, but I did check it out, and it works. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha I wanted to do a LV type logo but using a similar font the the HiveWire one but not treading on copywrite :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, if you look closely at the Louis Vuitton logo, it's really 2 Vs, only one is on a 45 degree angle, so it looks somewhat like an L. ;)

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Great logo Rae...
I'd rather spend it on a few cheap ones in different shapes and colours :)

When I was younger I liked designer names and bought a Trent Nathan suit(Australian designer) that at half price cost me close to $400.(I'm talking 20 years ago but still not the same value as the bag) I bought it because it was so beautiful made, fully lined pure wool black crepe classic style suit. I wore that suit for over 10 years and got lots of comments on how nice it looked. It would have kept going but I unfortunately couldn't get into it any more. Much different from a cheap tshirt that you buy and less than six months later need to throw out...
Over 9 years ago we bought my son some Doc Marten boots...he showed them to me recently and said I think I need to buy a new pair because the soles are beginning to crack. We originally paid $300 for them as a birthday/christmas present but he has definitely gotten value for money from them.

Sometimes buying expensive does pay off...however these days even designer goods are often manufactured overseas so you need to be really careful and know what you're looking at.

However that said I normally buy at the cheaper end of the market these days. If I wanted quality I would make it myself...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Actually it is a VL (the V is normal and the L is Italic) apparently it is a custom made font just for the monogram but its similar to the Walbaum font. (his son George Vuitton created the logo)

I agree Pen, you get what you pay for (in most cases). And I would pay a little more for something I know I want for a long time and is classic but fashion items are not one of them (as fashion goes in and out in a blink of the eye).

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Personally I prefer a satchel style bag...that one would be way to small for all the stuff that I tend to carry.

It is a nice bag...but you're not paying for the bag at that price but the name. It's a status symbol that most people would never dream of buying.

Dawn needs some status symbols for those who do contemporary renders...

Yes those purses are definitely a status symbol. And think of it this way, yes you can buy a $40 dollar purse, or a $4,000 purse, and they will both hold your lipstick. Similarly you can also buy a $15,000 car, or a $150,000 car. They'll both get you where you are going.

That being said, I think Dawn could use some purses of both high end, and low end variety. And considering the popularity of Luna, she could also probably use a diaper bag.

eclark1894

Visionary
Hmm, this might be a problem. I can make morphs for the straps in Poser. Not quite sure what to do with DS at this point since it doesn't read Poser's morphs does it?

teacupscene.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Btw, I WILL be making a coach style bag. Just started with the LV first since it was the one that inspired this thread.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Hmm, this might be a problem. I can make morphs for the straps in Poser. Not quite sure what to do with DS at this point since it doesn't read Poser's morphs does it?

I don't know, but I look forward to learning the answer with you. I'm eventually going to be trying to convert some stuff to DAZ and I was going to use morphs in Poser for the Poser version.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Somewhere there used to be a little tutorial video that I believe Paul did, that showed how to convert something from Poser to DS. It is... far easier to convert from DS to Poser however.