• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I was going to make Dawn a handbag...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The purse is looking good Earl. It just looks a bit stiff and blocky, though maybe that's the look you're going for.

I'm also wondering why you didn't attach the strap to the loops on either side of the purse, rather than running it through the loops.

eclark1894

Visionary
If I was going to spend $4000 on a purse, it better come with $3950 in cash tucked in a pocket inside.

@eclark1894 nice looking handbag. I like what you did with the Hivewire logo. Cool. :)
I'm giving Rae 134 the credit for the logo inspiration, even though to be honest I already intended to do it.:)

eclark1894

Visionary
The purse is looking good Earl. It just looks a bit stiff and blocky, though maybe that's the look you're going for.

I'm also wondering why you didn't attach the strap to the loops on either side of the purse, rather than running it through the loops.
I'm trying to model the purse as clos to the original as possible. That's how the straps are fastened to the purse. The only major design item I've changed so far is to make the strap all leather instead of the chain. As for the blocky, stiff look... well, it is.

louis-vuitton-twist-mm-epi-leather-handbags--M51065_PM1_Interior view.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahh OK. That's a better reference photo for me to see how it's built. I think the blockiness I saw was because you made it almost as tall as it is wide. I went back to the original photo you uploaded in the first thread, and NOW I see the strap. Probably set up that way so it can be used as a double strap as well as a single, longer strap. I forgot it was like that.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well not wider, but just a drop shorter so it looks more rectangular than squarish I guess.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Morphs can be transferred with the transfer utility...most stuff I convert with autofit keeps all the morphs. DS does sometimes decide to hide them though so they appear greyed out in the parameters tab. They are easy enough to unhide though.
I don't know, but I look forward to learning the answer with you. I'm eventually going to be trying to convert some stuff to DAZ and I was going to use morphs in Poser for the Poser version.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Earl, it's very easy to use...I'm trying to get my head around Poser Weightmapping processes and feeling totally kerfuffled by it so I can understand that it might be difficult until you get your head around it but I'm happy to help if you want.

eclark1894

Visionary
Earl, it's very easy to use...I'm trying to get my head around Poser Weightmapping processes and feeling totally kerfuffled by it so I can understand that it might be difficult until you get your head around it but I'm happy to help if you want.
Personally, from what I saw when I tried it, there's really not much difference between the way Poser's, Studio's and Blender's weightmapping works. My only regret is that I wish Poser's was more like Blender's and Studio's. The difference is that Poser weight paints by vertices which does give you a bit more control... sometimes.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
You can do that in DS also Earl...if you have the weight brush selected you automatically have a brush that paints the weights. You have to select the section in the scene tab and then select which rotation you want to paint or even the bulge maps. To take away weight you hold the alt key and it will reverse the process and remove the red. If you right click on the work area there are different options for selection, fall off and brush mode. There is also a smoothing brush.

My problem with weightmapping in poser is all the tutorials I've seen so far assume you know how to do the basic stuff which I don't. Also I don't have a clue how to group...I'm going to check Traci's tutorial out and see if that helps me.

eclark1894

Visionary
You can do that in DS also Earl...if you have the weight brush selected you automatically have a brush that paints the weights. You have to select the section in the scene tab and then select which rotation you want to paint or even the bulge maps. To take away weight you hold the alt key and it will reverse the process and remove the red. If you right click on the work area there are different options for selection, fall off and brush mode. There is also a smoothing brush.

My problem with weightmapping in poser is all the tutorials I've seen so far assume you know how to do the basic stuff which I don't. Also I don't have a clue how to group...I'm going to check Traci's tutorial out and see if that helps me.
Most of the time, i believe grouping is done during the modeling process.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If you have PP2014 or P11, thanks to the fitting room you don't need to group, it will group for you, though you might have to go in and adjust your groups.

Also I think the newer Posers don't need you to pre-group when you go into the set up room, but again, things will need adjusting.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Fugazi1968 has a couple of his newer tutorials that uses the fitting room to group.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's been so long since I've looked so I can't recall for sure, but the new starter set, the Starter Kit for PP2014, I think he uses that method.