• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I was going to make Dawn a handbag...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ahhhhhh, that's right, you work nights. OK, but still, we'll wait if necessary. ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
I doubt Hivewire would be interested in this one. Probably going to sell it at CP. Anyway, back to the purse, then the teaset and finally finishing off the house.

rifle.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think you're right Earl. Although it looks like a nice rifle/shotgun, HW already has their own in the store.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I doubt Hivewire would be interested in this one. Probably going to sell it at CP. Anyway, back to the purse, then the teaset and finally finishing off the house.

View attachment 7766
I'm not clear WHY you doubt HW would be interested, but I can tell you that it would have to do with the quality of the product, n0t the fact that we might have another similar product in the store made by HW or another CA.

So I say, if you finish it and think it's a quality product, submit it!!!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The gun already in the shop is a pump action shotgun, this is a leaver action. So like Alisa said, if its a quality item they should take it :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
AHA, that's what I get for not checking into the details between the 2 guns.

So Earl, is this going to be developed further for HW????? Curious minds want to know. ;)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Just to make it clear, it wouldn't matter if it was the same type of gun. Again, it's a matter of quality of the specific product :)

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, technically, it's already a historic rifle. It's a Winchester 1894 lever action repeating rifle. "The gun that won the West". Right now, it's just a static prop. I actually doubt whether or no I'll be including morphs or anything, which was more of why I didn't think Hivewire would be interested.

Although, I was thinking about adding a rifle scabbard for the HW horse. Except, I don't own the horse or the saddle.:(

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha when you said morphing I thought you meant the leaver opening and closing :p

eclark1894

Visionary
Actually, Rae, I was considering that, as well as the trigger moving back and forth, but with the problems I'm having with the handbag, I'd rather just leave it alone.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Understandable. Unless someone wanted to use it in an animation where the movements of the leaver, and pulling of the trigger, would actually be seen, it's really not necessary.

eclark1894

Visionary
Understandable. Unless someone wanted to use it in an animation where the movements of the leaver, and pulling of the trigger, would actually be seen, it's really not necessary.
Actually, if I can't get that morph to work right, people might be getting two versions of that HW purse, one open and one closed.:sneaky:

eclark1894

Visionary
Gun's pretty much finished now. I made the trigger, gun cock, sight and hammer on the gun workable. Unfortunately, the textures for the gun are all procedural for Poser. Plus, I haven't checked to see if the movable parts are still moveable in DS yet.

Rifleman1.png

Rifleman2.png

Rifleman3.png

Rifleman4.png

eclark1894

Visionary
And I think I've run into my first problem with DS.
Well, okay, not my first, but with the gun and models that open, close, rotate, etc. As far as I can tell, DS will recognise that the parts are all parented to the main rifle body. However, DS doesn't seem to recognize the origin axis that they rotate on. That could be a proble witth the house and appliances too.

gun.jpg