• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I was going to make Dawn a handbag...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh the gun laws here are strict as well. It's just unfortunate that a lot of folks get licenses even though they shouldn't have one, and there are just too many folks out there that get an illegal gun, without the license. They're the ones you have to watch out for.

I'm not a gun person either. I'd rather get a license for a taser, or something to that effect. Stop them, but don't kill them. Then again, if I happen to have my gel wraps and boxing gloves with me, they're in trouble before they even get started. ;)

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...good to hear Miss B. Been watching Season 9 & 10 of Criminal Minds so it's been freaking me out a little.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yeah, good show, but it does get a bit on the dark side now and then. Then again, it's how different they are to other cop shows that makes me like it.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, getting back on topic, no one has said anything about the morphs I'm making for the purse. That's kinda why I haven't done anything else on it yet. Waiting for input.:)

eclark1894

Visionary
I like the open morph Earl...
Thank you, but should there be pockets inside the purse? and should they open and close as well? I have to say, at this point I'm thinking that it's overkill. Plus, not doing it means a lot less work for me.

Hmm, I'm thinking now that I've answered my own question. No point putting in pockets that don't work.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It depends how complex you want to go Earl. Most bags will have a small inner pocket but a lot of the ones that style and size don't so it could be seen as overkill. I don't think it's something that would be noticed in a complex render with Dawn holding the bag open...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I wouldn't worry about the pockets inside. I'd prob just make it looked like it had one or two with a texture (I wouldn't need them to work :D but others might disagree)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I don't think you need morphing pockets either, or even pockets at all. As Rae said, they can be fudged with a texture if really wanted. And I like the purse opening morph.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
LOL...Miss B, as an Australian(we have very tight gun laws here) that scares the bejesus out of me. Apart from farmers and criminals most people in Australia don't have guns...it is so hard for me to imagine owning one let alone using one.

:yeahthat: and in actual fact, the only time I felt unsafe when I visited Melbourne was at the St Kilda Festival and that was because of all the armed police strolling about. They freaked the hell out of me. NZ police are not armed, if there is an incident involving firearms they call out the Armed Offenders Squad.

eclark1894

Visionary
I've got an interesting problem that i can't figure out, so maybe someone here can help. I can add the morphs to the original prop with no problems, BUT when i add the morphs, the prop moves to a new position along the xyz axis. Most commonly along the Y axis in Poser. I've zeroed out everything I can think of that might cause this, but it STLL happens. I even zeroed out everything in Blender. Anybody have an idea of what's causing this and more importantly, how do I stop it?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Possibly a scaling issue or if there was already a morph in use when you loaded the other morph. They're the only times I've seen that happen...

Miss B

CV-BEE
BTW, I forgot to post . . . I'll make it unanimous for no inside pockets. Just the open morph should do the trick.

The only other thing I can think of is having a morph for using the strap as a double strap (shorter) along with the single strap (longer) look.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
:yeahthat:

I think it only needs an open/closed morph as well as strap with long and short handles (and maybe a morph with the strap posed as if its on a table? if that's not asking too much :D)

eclark1894

Visionary
Everything moves along nicely and smoothly and then all of a sudden you hit a snag. Fortunately, with the help of 3D cheapskate at Rendo, I've solved the moving morph mystery, however, now I'm hitting another snag involving the morphs. I'm still working on it though.

eclark1894

Visionary
Oh the gun laws here are strict as well. It's just unfortunate that a lot of folks get licenses even though they shouldn't have one, and there are just too many folks out there that get an illegal gun, without the license. They're the ones you have to watch out for.

I'm not a gun person either. I'd rather get a license for a taser, or something to that effect. Stop them, but don't kill them. Then again, if I happen to have my gel wraps and boxing gloves with me, they're in trouble before they even get started. ;)
I'm not really a gun person either. I've only fired one real gun in my life and the recoil nearly took my shoulder off. However, I AM a huge Constitutional amendment guy, so yeah, I'm pro-guns in that sense.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Everything moves along nicely and smoothly and then all of a sudden you hit a snag. Fortunately, with the help of 3D cheapskate at Rendo, I've solved the moving morph mystery, however, now I'm hitting another snag involving the morphs. I'm still working on it though.
Glad to hear you got past the moving morph mystery. I'm sure you'll figure out how to get past the new snag as well.

eclark1894

Visionary
I was hoping to have this all done by this weekend. I'm still working on it though. Funny, usually it's the texturing that trips me up, this time, it's part of the modeling process. I actually had most of it done, but I just didn't like the way the mesh looked at the end. Plus, some of the texture was distorted by the mesh. I'll try again later today. Got all night to work on it.