• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire Family Welcome Home Challenge WIP Thread

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Sooo when do we know??? I have some art to share, some 'how I did this' to share, etc... and well, yes, I'm a bit anxious! LOL!!
(since there was no date for announcing winners at the start)... ;)

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Sooo when do we know??? I have some art to share, some 'how I did this' to share, etc... and well, yes, I'm a bit anxious! LOL!!
(since there was no date for announcing winners at the start)... ;)

Aw, shucks! And here I was hoping you were the one who was going to spill the beans. :(

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
awww sorry... no, I'm not a judge... I suppose you got a notice about this thread and came running... :(

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Lyne and VB...we're working on the announcement at the moment and as soon as possible we will post a new thread and post a link to here.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...me too VB! We're just finetuning the announcement and finding out some last minute info and hopefully I will get chance to post it tonight. With being back at work it's been hard to match schedules with some of the other involved and being in Oz has also had an impact but we're on track.

Carey

Extraordinary
Finished Render

Journey's End
View attachment 3191

Well, it looks like I made it in after all. Render includes Dusk, Dawn, Harry and Harriette... Background (and figures' shadows) rendered in Vue, figure group rendered in Poser, and then composited over/under. If people have been following certain threads, I think it is pretty much a dead giveaway who did this image, but it doesn't matter to me either way.:geek:
very nice indeed!

Carey

Extraordinary
Finished Render
Family
View attachment 2133

phew, to get it a decent size I had to render this as 3 separate renders and combine it in Photoshop due to stupid small computer (nothing else done except layer the 3 renders, no colour correction etc) rendered in Iray (around 2+ hours for each render).

First time I've played with depth of field inside of Daz, I think it turned out ok. :p
sharp