• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire Family Welcome Home Challenge WIP Thread

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Llola, I'm sorry that you can't enter. We originally set the terms based on the fact that we were looking for a hivewire family render which was why we were looking for at least dawn and dusk plus one of the others. Sorry...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure Dragonsegg as the foal is still Harry (just a different morph)

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Finished Render

Journey's End
Welcome Home.jpg

Well, it looks like I made it in after all. Render includes Dusk, Dawn, Harry and Harriette... Background (and figures' shadows) rendered in Vue, figure group rendered in Poser, and then composited over/under. If people have been following certain threads, I think it is pretty much a dead giveaway who did this image, but it doesn't matter to me either way.:geek:

Llola Lane

Adventurous
<--is watching this thread.. even if she can't enter.. it's ok.. I'll be about... taking baby steps. I'll get more characters one day... who knows... maybe I'll treat myself for my birthday... (Income Tax Day in the USA)... ;)

Llola Lane

Adventurous
Hi Llola, I'm sorry that you can't enter. We originally set the terms based on the fact that we were looking for a hivewire family render which was why we were looking for at least dawn and dusk plus one of the others. Sorry...
It's really ok.. Pendraia... I'll just sit here and enjoy all the renders in aweeeeeeeeeee.... :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Beautiful render VB! :inlove: (has slight giggle at VB because thats a beer here in Aus :p)

Love all those tassels you've made (my computer would have a heart attack). Is the blue set one that you've made too? (wish I could see more but what I can see I love). I can't remember if you were planing on selling it but I would so buy it! (even if it kills my computer) :giggle:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Do the horse and foal count as two figures? Could you make a render of say Dawn and Harry and the foal?
Yes...that counts.

Finished Render
Well, it looks like I made it in after all. Render includes Dusk, Dawn, Harry and Harriette... Background (and figures' shadows) rendered in Vue, figure group rendered in Poser, and then composited over/under. If people have been following certain threads, I think it is pretty much a dead giveaway who did this image, but it doesn't matter to me either way.:geek:
Glad you made it VB...

<--is watching this thread.. even if she can't enter.. it's ok.. I'll be about... taking baby steps. I'll get more characters one day... who knows... maybe I'll treat myself for my birthday... (Income Tax Day in the USA)... ;)

It's really ok.. Pendraia... I'll just sit here and enjoy all the renders in aweeeeeeeeeee.... :)
I really wish I could afford to help with that but the Australian Dollar at the moment is just shocking...I hope you get your Birthday treat! :flower02:

Beautiful render VB! :inlove: (has slight giggle at VB because thats a beer here in Aus :p)

Love all those tassels you've made (my computer would have a heart attack). Is the blue set one that you've made too? (wish I could see more but what I can see I love). I can't remember if you were planing on selling it but I would so buy it! (even if it kills my computer) :giggle:
Always make me laugh for the same reason..

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Finished Render

Home Again
home7.jpg

Eh, so, running out of time for this and not likely to get more, have to call this it although I'm sure I could fiddle for many more hours. Dawn, Dusk, Harry, Baby Harry, and... possible news of another one? Also featuring the lovely new Western Tack set and CWRW's textures.

Poser, Firefly render (for some reason the human textures don't come out right in Superfly and the horse textures don't come out right with Reality), postwork in Photoshop and Paintshop Pro. Posted at 1600 x 1600, but actually looks better viewed at 50% zoom.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ohhh this is WONDERFUL HaiGan! and welcome (back??) to HiveWire ! I got quite excited that I could make your side saddle fit Harry (sort of, poser renders are often creating an illusion.. since it didn't fit in the back! LOL!) now I have to go back and see if your (pretty sure it was yours) ENGLISH saddle works too... Been watching Downton Abby and there are more horse-hunting scenes in this new (to me, I only see tv on dvd) last season of that show...

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Lovely Renders, all!! Thanks for your entries -

The contest is now closed :)

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Finished Render

Journey's End
View attachment 3191

Absolutely beautiful- the lighting is to die for!