• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire Family Welcome Home Challenge WIP Thread

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oh ok! :) I had thought that "blind judging" meant we, the community were all going to vote... I wasn't aware this contest had specific judges.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Uh oh, I guess I didn't read all the specs carefully enough. Sorry. Disregard. Feel free to delete them, as I don't seem to see where I can delete them on my end.

That's okay...I'm happy to leave them in I just won't include them in the thread I do for the judges. They are such beautiful renders...

@Lyne, it's at the bottom of the first post. It's the postage stamp challenge that we were discussing seeing if we can set up a poll for. I still have to check with Alisa if that's possible...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ohhhh I didn't get past your note about keeping our monitor's clean... giggle!!

I do have a really different idea for this contest... but it will take a bit of time... oh dear, my brain, I need to go back and check for deadline dates...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I see the deadline, but oh dear, my idea is a bit more serious...It won't make people laugh... I think I better not use it for this render challenge... now I have to think of another idea. :/

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It doesn't have to make people laugh Lyne that's just one of the categories...it might go more under most loving? The main thing is that people have fun with this challenge!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh I have a GREAT idea, will save my VERY serious one for after... I DO have my little Luna in her high chair... heheheee!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Finished Render
Now look what you've done!
now look what youve done.jpg

Iray Render, no postwork. For those interested, this is the first time I've used the Iray sun. its set at 9.30am on my birthday this year (April) using my long and lat (Gold Coast) :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Finished Render
Whoops!
whoopsie.jpg

Iray Render. Only postwork was adding sky stock from burtn.deviantart.com

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Pen and Satira, I think the one with Dawn falling off is my fave :D

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm working SO hard on a detailed scene for my render... and this REALLY happened:

Living In Poser?

I was "area rendering", staring hard at my Poser screen,
"Dusk's there, watching" I thought and THAT brought me up short!
I'd noticed he was just off to one side where he could barely be seen.
Oh good grief! I think I AM living inside a Poser world of some sort!

Yes it IS weird when I relate to my models this much,
Next thing you know, I will be asking them out to lunch!
Well, I am building a family scene, at least figuring out how,
When I suddenly realized that "we ARE doing lunch" now!
~Lyne's Creations

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I just had a thought... my art piece for this does contain the fruit I will eventually put out as a freebie (shown in my freebie thread) as well as the high chair I found... so I'm thinking the judges will know it's mine. :( I'm working SO HARD on a very detailed - ie: LOTS OF STUFF in the scene) and to make if funny and relatable... so I'm going to complete it... if it's just not right for the contest... oh well. o_O

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@Lyne, it could still be right...I would have assumed you'd have people testing these for you even before release? I think it would be okay to include them.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm working SO hard on a complex, humorous piece for this challenge... ALMOST done... !