• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire Family Welcome Home Challenge WIP Thread

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
FINISHED RENDER
Title: FOOD FIGHT!

FoodFightSM.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
The final piece is 3000 but I put in the required 1600 and named it small... (the big one shows ALL the details better!) I have not put it on my website yet... since it's not signed, etc... But I've gone as far as my nerves can handle, it took TONS of post to get the shadow in, compile the layers (background, Lisa's starweed as a hedge, birds, etc. besides the 'spinach' food that Luna hates. and FYI I do love Loki's textures for the onesie! :) Also the high chair obj has material zones so I could replace the pad of the chair with a good modern texture (the checks). That prop is really outstanding! :) The background is "Backyard living" ground/fence from Rendo. I used a freebie morphing tissue for the "napkins"... and I used my own cast shadow action to put the shadows in... even had to cut a piece of it and place it OVER Dusk's food, as the table cloth would shade his foot too! :) Oh and the Luna hair I painted with effects... I have a how to on that but keeping that web page 'secret' while contest is going on.

I really needed to get done, it was starting to drive me crazy and too, I want to create an art piece with the new tack that I have in mind...so I can help spread the word on this fantastic model!!! :)

PS I did decide to put my original size image on my website, on an unlinked page...so contact me by PM if you want to see it... I'd rather not have that link "in public" until I can sign it, add credits, etc. :)

Last edited:

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Hmm... only 10 days left, and my computer has been tied up rendering an image for another contest for almost a week now (Iray really does work better if you have a good graphics card--which I don't!). Will have to see if my idea makes it in on time...

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
A week! My gosh, and I grizzle if mine take an hour!

Well, the final render only took 3 days, 4 hours, and 17 minutes. It was just the test renders and tweaking that made it take so long. I'm starting work on my (hopefully) entry into this contest now. We'll see whether I make it or not...

Llola Lane

Adventurous
Question... "Minimum of Dawn and Dusk and one other HiveWire figure (including Luna and Harry the HiveWire Horse)" I don't know all the Hivewire characters... Is this all there is???? Just these 2 others?

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Question... "Minimum of Dawn and Dusk and one other HiveWire figure (including Luna and Harry the HiveWire Horse)" I don't know all the Hivewire characters... Is this all there is???? Just these 2 others?

At this stage Hivewire have produced and released the figures Dawn, Dusk, Luna and the Hivewire Horse (aka Harry) and are working on other figures at the moment.

Llola Lane

Adventurous
ok.. Thank You Lorraine... that puts me out of the contest then. hummm.. if the contest included any "HiveWire" store item... I could do that. I have a few things from here... just not the characters.. yet :)
<--- thinks HiveWire needs a good cat :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
The cat is on the way :) It will be a Big Cat to start with and a house cat in due course.