WIP HiveWire Dragon Begins

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, May 21, 2016.

1. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

That is one gorgeous horned lion.

2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

I'll say, though the guy riding him ain't bad either. ;)

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  3. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Beautiful images Carmen

4. MCarr

MCarr Motivated

Agreed!

5. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

Wold love it if a totally new approach to this dragon were thought of.
    For instance as one of the morphs at least make it like Toothless from that great animation How To Train Your Dragon.
    He is so unlike any dragon I have seen, Smoother skinned and black wider head no horns and fins on his tail.
    There is also a cool creature at DAZ I Kind of liked (The Behemoth) that has the combination of a shark and dragon like creature. Sleek ns deadly and awesome looking. Nt saying t make yours like that but as an idea.

6. sandman_max

sandman_max Motivated

Thank you... glad to be here. Y'all have some wonderous things going on. I can't wait to start making mixed up creatures.

Pendraia likes this.
  7. sandman_max

sandman_max Motivated

MAGIC!

8. carmen indorato

Of all of them I love toothless....the black one in the middle foreground. :)

Rae134 likes this.
  9. carmen indorato

How about a SNEATER Morph?
    (Snot Eater)

But if you onclude this one Please be sure to include a nostril expansion morph to do it justice so we can help that nasty beast get in there real good! LOL

10. carmen indorato

Feet are cool but would prefer jointee toes to grasp prey and rocky crags and tree limbs etc.

11. carmen indorato

Grin! Call him Grin and if a female Grinnie! Sorry haven't had my coffee yet.

That beak option would look cool shorter and flared breathing holes with fierce eyes on Harry. Add wings and use that thick dragon-like tail with hairy tuft and voila! COOL Fantasy mount

12. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

There's a whole bunch of classic fantasy/mythological monsters which people doing development or illustration for whatever projects would find extremely useful. And you've got pieces of them popping up all over these WiP threads. Pieces, because they all seem to be hybrids made up of bits of this creature and bits of that. Sphinx and Manticore and Griffin all seem to start from a big cat base, Hippogryff uses the horse base. Chimera throws all kinds of things together.

There's a Griffin and a Hippogryff over at DAZ, but they are *old* and my recollection is that the rigging is a bit lacking. I'd rather like to see a Cockatrice. I don't think anybody has done one of those (although that may be a job for Ken...)

Pendraia likes this.
  13. Miss B

I had to look Cockatrice up JOdel, as I've never heard of it. The dictionary compared it to a Basilisk, which I remember from the Harry Potter books/movies.

14. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

If I recall correctly Carmen, I thought Chris has already done this morph?

15. JOdel

Yeah, there are only really three monsters that I can think of that are stone-turners. And those are the Basilisk, the Gorgon, and the Cockatrice.

The Cockatrice tends to show up in Heraldry from time to time. t's rather picturesque if nothing else.

Rae134 likes this.
  16. KageRyu

KageRyu Rabid Art Monkey Contributing Artist

I actually would not compare a Cockatrice to a Basilisk, aside from that both are mythological and are reported to turn other creatures to stone. Appearance wise they are very different. Where as a Basilisk is typically described or pictured as reptilian or serpentine in nature with varying number of legs (from 0 to 6 depending on mythological source), a Cockatrice is typically characterized by much more avian features, most often a demonic rooster of sorts complete with wings, feathers, a cockscomb, but also much more monstrous with razor sharp talons and beak. Much artwork tends to depict the Cockatrice in a much more Reptilian or even Draconic style at times though, and more modern encyclopedias and online references wrongly associate the name as another name for Basilisk. Sadly, as with many medieval and pre-medieval legends, it has become muddled and confused by passage almost exclusively through word of mouth. As with all mythological beasts, it was popular in heraldry.

I think this is a rather good depiction of the Cockatrice.
    [​IMG]

Me195, Gadget Girl, Pendraia and 3 others like this.
  17. JOdel

Yes, actually, it is. The depictions in heraldry vary by the artist. The main constants are the rooster head and the dragon/serpent tail. The wings are sometimes bat wings, but it always has wings, and it's always 2-legged. A lot of times it is basically just depicted as a wyvern with a rooster head, but sometimes the artists get more fanciful. That one is a good one.

18. carmen indorato

just replied to what he wants ideas on what to callit.

Rae134 likes this.
  19. Harimau

Harimau Eager

20. Miss B

Oh now THAT's different. ;)