1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

WIP HiveWire Dragon Begins

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, May 21, 2016.

1. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

That's pretty kewl, but you know I'm also fond of the Pete's Dragon Idea too!

2. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

3. Banditcameraman

Banditcameraman Enthusiast

4. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

I always thought so too. ;)

5. Harimau

Harimau Eager

I don't really know, but this more bird-like reconstruction is by Emily Willoughby.
    Yi_qi_restoration_small.jpg

6. Miss B

That's pretty amazing.

7. sanbie

sanbie Noteworthy Contributing Artist

Oh wow...I love that!

8. KageRyu

KageRyu Rabid Art Monkey Contributing Artist

Some more ideas for morphs/add-ons (been quiet a while...lost in my own head):
    • Alien morphs (ever wonder what dragons in other civilizations might look like?)...or more precisely
    Grey Alien Eye/head, Bulbuous Head morph, Invictus Raptor styled head and limbs morph (aka LV426 Non-indigenous), Elongated limbs, Emaciated limbs.
    I am sure if all of these suggestions from the community get used, it will be a Dragon and a few morph packs.
    When I used to still do tabletop games, I liked a lot of the Fantasy Dragons that came out for Warhammer post-millennium. Sadly, that was when prices were getting to be to high for me and my income was hit hard by disability... and I dropped out of wargaming a few years later. Still, they had some beautiful kits.

9. Varnayrah

Varnayrah Eager Contributing Artist

Looking awesome so far! Though, all I can say is, you would make me totally happy with an Eastern Dragon...

10. Faery_Light

Faery_Light Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

The wings will be compatible for Dusk and Dawn, right?
    How about the tail, will we be able to put it on them too?
    My creature sets (wip) would look fantastic with the wings and tail. ):
    Hmmm, would need to start saving my pennies to get the dragon so tail texture would match.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  11. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

Pinging for renewed Interest.

Poser needs a new and better dragon.

Rae134 and Dakorillon (IMArts) like this.
  12. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

I second that!!!

Rae134 and quietrob like this.
  13. Faery_Light

Faery_Light Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

I am waiting and hope we can find a way to remap the mil-dragon textures to this one because my jeweled texture would look great on it. :)

14. Dreamer

Dreamer Dream Weaver Designs Contributing Artist

Just wondering, all the other animals have got their junior version will the Dragon have one too?

15. Digitell

Digitell Enthusiast

Is this dragon still in the works? *Hoping!*

16. Miss B

Yes, I'm sure it is. It's just that there's such a long to-do list, somethings take a little longer to get back to after showing us the initial WIPs.

17. Digitell

Digitell Enthusiast

Cool! Looking forward to seeing more! Thank you! :)

18. Sparky

Sparky Monster Maker Contributing Artist

Not entirely relevant to this thread, but since this thread seems to have also discussed general fantasy creatures toward the end, I thought I might tease a little WIP...

Well, actually, Valandar did a manticore way back when: The Manticore | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

But more pointedly, so did I:

ZGrab01.jpg

I'd made the wings before I knew about Chris' dragon being big-cat-based. ^.^ Perhaps I will scrap these, and wait to make the manticore a dragon addon?

I worked on the morph yesterday whilst avoiding making promos for my big cat skeleton. Now he just needs a mane.

Manticore has been on my list of creatures to do for the big cat since before he was released. The others I've got work started on are the Griffin and Chimaera.

Chris, Rowan54, Pendraia and 5 others like this.
  19. RAMWolff

RAMWolff Wolff Playing with Beez! Contributing Artist

Nothing wrong with having more than one set of wings Sparks. Looks awesome!

Rae134 likes this.
  20. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

I think I like yours better!! He looks awesome!!
    Really LOVE the tail!!
    The thing I have found with the scale mat on the dragon is that it stretches way too much ont he tail and face areas for the details to be all that good. You can solve it with a seamless tile, but again you lose the detail there. Alt UV map for the tail might be an option, but still fiddling around a bit.

You should try some of Pommerlis Feline Grace' flying poses? Been meaning to get around to doing a render like this, but have not had time as of late. Sorry a little Dark.
    Kitty Flight.png HWBigCatLeaping01.jpg HWBigCatLeaping02R.jpg

Kitty Flight3.png
    Kitty Flight6.png Kitty Flight8.png

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Rowan54, Dan30, Pendraia and 2 others like this.