• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Dragon Begins

Harimau

Eager
is that one of Dinoraul's ? Pretty cool... always felt that the idea of dragons came from dinosaurs.... ;)

I don't really know, but this more bird-like reconstruction is by Emily Willoughby.
Yi_qi_restoration_small.jpg

D

Deleted member 325

Some more ideas for morphs/add-ons (been quiet a while...lost in my own head):
• Alien morphs (ever wonder what dragons in other civilizations might look like?)...or more precisely
Grey Alien Eye/head, Bulbuous Head morph, Invictus Raptor styled head and limbs morph (aka LV426 Non-indigenous), Elongated limbs, Emaciated limbs.
I am sure if all of these suggestions from the community get used, it will be a Dragon and a few morph packs.
When I used to still do tabletop games, I liked a lot of the Fantasy Dragons that came out for Warhammer post-millennium. Sadly, that was when prices were getting to be to high for me and my income was hit hard by disability... and I dropped out of wargaming a few years later. Still, they had some beautiful kits.

Varnayrah

Eager
Contributing Artist
Looking awesome so far! Though, all I can say is, you would make me totally happy with an Eastern Dragon...

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The wings will be compatible for Dusk and Dawn, right?
How about the tail, will we be able to put it on them too?
My creature sets (wip) would look fantastic with the wings and tail. ):
Hmmm, would need to start saving my pennies to get the dragon so tail texture would match.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I am waiting and hope we can find a way to remap the mil-dragon textures to this one because my jeweled texture would look great on it. :)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Just wondering, all the other animals have got their junior version will the Dragon have one too?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I'm sure it is. It's just that there's such a long to-do list, somethings take a little longer to get back to after showing us the initial WIPs.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Not entirely relevant to this thread, but since this thread seems to have also discussed general fantasy creatures toward the end, I thought I might tease a little WIP...

Manticore? I would def explore that combo more. I don't think anyone has done a manticore!

Well, actually, Valandar did a manticore way back when: The Manticore | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

But more pointedly, so did I:

ZGrab01.jpg

I'd made the wings before I knew about Chris' dragon being big-cat-based. ^.^ Perhaps I will scrap these, and wait to make the manticore a dragon addon?

I worked on the morph yesterday whilst avoiding making promos for my big cat skeleton. Now he just needs a mane.

Manticore has been on my list of creatures to do for the big cat since before he was released. The others I've got work started on are the Griffin and Chimaera.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Not entirely relevant to this thread, but since this thread seems to have also discussed general fantasy creatures toward the end, I thought I might tease a little WIP...

Well, actually, Valandar did a manticore way back when: The Manticore | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

But more pointedly, so did I:

View attachment 21151

I'd made the wings before I knew about Chris' dragon being big-cat-based. ^.^ Perhaps I will scrap these, and wait to make the manticore a dragon addon?

I worked on the morph yesterday whilst avoiding making promos for my big cat skeleton. Now he just needs a mane.

Manticore has been on my list of creatures to do for the big cat since before he was released. The others I've got work started on are the Griffin and Chimaera.
I think I like yours better!! He looks awesome!!
Really LOVE the tail!!
The thing I have found with the scale mat on the dragon is that it stretches way too much ont he tail and face areas for the details to be all that good. You can solve it with a seamless tile, but again you lose the detail there. Alt UV map for the tail might be an option, but still fiddling around a bit.

You should try some of Pommerlis Feline Grace' flying poses? Been meaning to get around to doing a render like this, but have not had time as of late. Sorry a little Dark.
Kitty Flight.png
HWBigCatLeaping01.jpg
HWBigCatLeaping02R.jpg

Kitty Flight3.png
Kitty Flight6.png Kitty Flight8.png

Last edited: