• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea, SuperSuit for both Dusk and Dawn were shelved as well unfortunately. I'm no good with rigging issues and I know Paul is just too busy and I hate bothering him so.... ho hum! :(

eclark1894

Visionary
Seems like Richard/Paganeagle made a free catsuit for Dawn as well. I think it might still be in our store. Seems like it was free, but I'd have to check for sure.
As soon as you said that, I went to check, but all I saw was a super suit for Dusk.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Seems like Richard/Paganeagle made a free catsuit for Dawn as well. I think it might still be in our store. Seems like it was free, but I'd have to check for sure.
Yes, I have it, but it's not "in the store" like the one for Dusk is. I just don't recall if it was part, and parcel, of one of the original Dawn packages. It may possibly have been part of Dawn SR2, as that seems to be the right time. I remember when Richard offered it as a freebie, but that was back on the old forum, so not exactly sure, and I just checked his ShareCG account, and it's not there either.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Yes, I have it, but it's not "in the store" like the one for Dusk is. I just don't recall if it was part, and parcel, of one of the original Dawn packages. It may possibly have been part of Dawn SR2, as that seems to be the right time. I remember when Richard offered it as a freebie, but that was back on the old forum, so not exactly sure, and I just checked his ShareCG account, and it's not there either.

Wasn't it Poser only?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here are Dawn's new and improved quad teeth. On to gums and tongue next. Then her new base mesh should be done.

I've thinned up the incisors considerably. I'll show them with the gums once I finish work on them.

Dawn2Work145.JPG

Dawn2Work146.JPG

Dawn2Work147.JPG

Dawn2Work148.JPG

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Here are Dawn's new and improved quad teeth. On to gums and tongue next. Then her new base mesh should be done.
I've thinned up the incisors considerably. I'll show them with the gums once I finish work on them.

Looks awesome, Chris! They look very realistic, with clean all-quads topology. ^___^

Yea, SuperSuit for both Dusk and Dawn were shelved as well unfortunately. I'm no good with rigging issues and I know Paul is just too busy and I hate bothering him so.... ho hum! :(

What about my Superhero catsuit for Dawn? It has the best topology I have ever made for Dawn (all-quads!), and has plenty of options for texturing. It's Poser-only, but I was told it works well with Auto-fit in DS. It supports all of Dawn's official body morphs. It ships with gloves, boots, belt, cape, morphing cowl, and 2 masks that support all of Dawn's official facial morphs. With textures and transparency maps, you can turn it into anything.

Below are a few examples using only the catsuit.

untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Wasn't it Poser only?

Probably.
I think so too, because I don't recall Richard using other 3D software for rendering. Of course this was a number of years ago, so I could be wrong, but I think it was only for Poser.

Edited to Add: That said, it's only an OBJ, and a CR2 to call it. I redid the material color and saved another CR2, mostly because I didn't like the bright red Richard used. Then again, I usually only use it to put something on Dawn when I'm trying out poses, or something where I don't have specific clothing I'm playing with, just so she's not stark naked. ;)

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist

View attachment 46650

View attachment 46651

View attachment 46652

View attachment 46653
Can I suggest that before you finalize their thickness you try rendering them with translucency and/or SSS to make sure they're properly translucent at the edges without needing to make the whole tooth translucent and glowy?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
What about my Superhero catsuit for Dawn? It has the best topology I have ever made for Dawn (all-quads!), and has plenty of options for texturing. It's Poser-only, but I was told it works well with Auto-fit in DS. It supports all of Dawn's official body morphs. It ships with gloves, boots, belt, cape, morphing cowl, and 2 masks that support all of Dawn's official facial morphs. With textures and transparency maps, you can turn it into anything.

View attachment 46668
It works well with Dusk too with Auto-fit in DS, the only thing I couldn't do was make the heals flat (the dial didn't work) but someone said it was an easy fix (but not by me LOL)

These are the extra textures Ken did I just converted them to work in Iray

I think a dress that was easy to texture like the MFD would be great.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Hey Chris, did you work on the backs of the legs, the tendons?
It's bro code man, she's got to have some perfect legs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190330-215421[1].png
    Screenshot_20190330-215421[1].png
    278.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 20190330_215808[1].png
    20190330_215808[1].png
    333.9 KB · Views: 141

eclark1894

Visionary
Looks like she's standing on her toes in the reference photo so any calf muscle definition you see is due to them being used.

Hornet3d

Wise
Looks awesome, Chris! They look very realistic, with clean all-quads topology. ^___^

View attachment 46668

I use it a great deal with lots of mix and match. My latest render in the 'I just wanted to post and image thread' uses the suit with boots from another product. At a guess I would say the Superhero suit and CKV-01 appears in well over half of my sci-fi renders with the pilot suit from Simon-3D appearing in another 20% or so.