Dawn 2.0 Underway

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Mar 3, 2019.

1. RAMWolff

RAMWolff Wolff Playing with Beez! Contributing Artist

Yea, SuperSuit for both Dusk and Dawn were shelved as well unfortunately. I'm no good with rigging issues and I know Paul is just too busy and I hate bothering him so.... ho hum! :(

2. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

As soon as you said that, I went to check, but all I saw was a super suit for Dusk.

3. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Yes, I have it, but it's not "in the store" like the one for Dusk is. I just don't recall if it was part, and parcel, of one of the original Dawn packages. It may possibly have been part of Dawn SR2, as that seems to be the right time. I remember when Richard offered it as a freebie, but that was back on the old forum, so not exactly sure, and I just checked his ShareCG account, and it's not there either.

4. tparo

tparo Brilliant QAV-BEE

Wasn't it Poser only?

5. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Probably.

6. Chris

Here are Dawn's new and improved quad teeth. On to gums and tongue next. Then her new base mesh should be done.

I've thinned up the incisors considerably. I'll show them with the gums once I finish work on them.

Dawn2Work145.JPG

Dawn2Work146.JPG

Dawn2Work147.JPG

Dawn2Work148.JPG

Ken Gilliland, Miss B, jonrea and 6 others like this.
  7. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

Looks awesome, Chris! They look very realistic, with clean all-quads topology. ^___^

What about my Superhero catsuit for Dawn? It has the best topology I have ever made for Dawn (all-quads!), and has plenty of options for texturing. It's Poser-only, but I was told it works well with Auto-fit in DS. It supports all of Dawn's official body morphs. It ships with gloves, boots, belt, cape, morphing cowl, and 2 masks that support all of Dawn's official facial morphs. With textures and transparency maps, you can turn it into anything.

Below are a few examples using only the catsuit.

untitled.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 9:09 PM
    Hornet3d, mininessie, Chris and 3 others like this.
  8. Miss B

I think so too, because I don't recall Richard using other 3D software for rendering. Of course this was a number of years ago, so I could be wrong, but I think it was only for Poser.

Edited to Add: That said, it's only an OBJ, and a CR2 to call it. I redid the material color and saved another CR2, mostly because I didn't like the bright red Richard used. Then again, I usually only use it to put something on Dawn when I'm trying out poses, or something where I don't have specific clothing I'm playing with, just so she's not stark naked. ;)

9. kobaltkween

kobaltkween Brilliant Contributing Artist

Can I suggest that before you finalize their thickness you try rendering them with translucency and/or SSS to make sure they're properly translucent at the edges without needing to make the whole tooth translucent and glowy?

Chris and Rae134 like this.
  10. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

It works well with Dusk too with Auto-fit in DS, the only thing I couldn't do was make the heals flat (the dial didn't work) but someone said it was an easy fix (but not by me LOL)

These are the extra textures Ken did I just converted them to work in Iray

I think a dress that was easy to texture like the MFD would be great.

11. Chris

Upper gums complete now.

Dawn2Work149.JPG

Dawn2Work150.JPG

Dawn2Work151.JPG

Dawn2Work152.JPG

12. Ken1171

Awesome! ^____^

13. RAMWolff

RAMWolff Wolff Playing with Beez! Contributing Artist

14. Miss B

Looking very good Chris. :)

15. Art_of_Mind

Art_of_Mind Engaged Contributing Artist

Hey Chris, did you work on the backs of the legs, the tendons?
    It's bro code man, she's got to have some perfect legs.

Attached Files:

16. Chris

I think we have a good solid look for our popliteal fossa area on Dawn 2.0. And if she's posed like your reference image she'd look even better.

Dawn2Work153.JPG Dawn2Work154.JPG

17. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Looks like she's standing on her toes in the reference photo so any calf muscle definition you see is due to them being used.

18. Art_of_Mind

Art_of_Mind Engaged Contributing Artist

Thanks for the close up, geometry in that area looks neat and clean.
    It kind of matches the elbow right?

Chris likes this.
  19. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

I use it a great deal with lots of mix and match. My latest render in the 'I just wanted to post and image thread' uses the suit with boots from another product. At a guess I would say the Superhero suit and CKV-01 appears in well over half of my sci-fi renders with the pilot suit from Simon-3D appearing in another 20% or so.

Ken1171 likes this.
  20. Ken1171

Thanks, Hornet3d! I think that Superhero catsuit for Dawn is a great base for texture artists to create upon. ^^