• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Rodrigo Preview and Render Thread

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So I have the Superfly base shaders all sorted out finally- just need to apply the various options and save out the MATs, etc. Working on the iRay MATs tomorrow (had to hop on the Shetland for a couple of days, so got behind on this project).

Laurie

RodrigoSuperflyHW.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Uh oh...

*puts out smelling salts*

Just so everyone knows - when Laurie gets these done, she'll shoot them to my team. We'll make sure they're all ok, and then we'll update the product...I'll post here and in the Update thread when that's done ;)

And I think EVERYONE wants to hop on that adorable Pony! ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
NOW THIS IS TALENT!! FIRST SUPERFLY that looks GOOD! (besides the newest Dawn character by Virtual World- that's beautiful too!!).... other superfly renders have put me off even considering P11...because they looks SO GRAINY... but this is just PERFECT!!!

(still, I'm happy with my Poser 2014 for some time to come, being I more apt to buy Vue Complete soon)...

*borrows some of Alisa's smelling salts*

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
NOW THIS IS TALENT!! FIRST SUPERFLY that looks GOOD! (besides the newest Dawn character by Virtual World- that's beautiful too!!).... other superfly renders have put me off even considering P11...because they looks SO GRAINY... but this is just PERFECT!!!

(still, I'm happy with my Poser 2014 for some time to come, being I more apt to buy Vue Complete soon)...

*borrows some of Alisa's smelling salts*

Hey Lyne

LOL I am new to Superfly- but I have found what causes the graininess is lack of resolution. The default is only 3 pixel samples and that will make for a grainy render. This was done at either 6 or 10 pixel samples- I can't remember!:) Also one def gets better results by subdividing Dusk to 1 or 2 depending on your lights etc.

Laurie

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
The SHETLAND!! (ie Laurie's "(had to hop on the Shetland for a couple of days, so got behind on this project)."
I don't think of Rodrigo as either a Pony or adorable, anyway....

*washes Miss B's mind out with soap.* :p

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The SHETLAND!! (ie Laurie's "(had to hop on the Shetland for a couple of days, so got behind on this project)."
I don't think of Rodrigo as either a Pony or adorable, anyway....

*washes Miss B's mind out with soap.* :p
:rofl:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
With this bunch....???!! Ah.. yeah.... :)

Am getting close on getting the iRay base done for him. Teeth are still a bit too white if ya know what I mean:)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yeah. I never liked really white teeth in R/L either. I never could understand the teeth whitening products, or the procedures dentists offer. Unless you're teeth have been darkened because of too much smoking for a long period of time, teeth should be whatever their natural color is.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I agree 100% Miss B. So I know you are pretty DS savvy- how do I change the rendered background color in 4.8? I can't find it... hate it being black for my jpgs. Yeah I could save as a png and make my own background but for testing I prefer a nice neutral grey like as in Poser and save as jpg.
Not under that one menu any more...

Miss B

CV-BEE
Sorry Laurie. I haven't upgraded my DS past DS 4.0 Pro, so if they moved that option, I don't know where it would be. :(

That said, I know there's a Backdrop option in the Edit menu, but that's for adding in an image. I'm not sure where they could've put the Background color option, unless it's under the Edit menu as well.

Maybe someone who's using DS4.5 or higher could tell you where they've moved it to.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Ah! Thanks Miss B! For now I will just use png. I bet Pen will know- I know she has been messing a bunch with iRay. 4.6 was fine but yeah they changed that over in 4.7. I just installed 4.8 yesterday.

Will post some iRay WIPs here after I convert them to jpg.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Ok here are iRay WIPs. Just used no lights in 4.8 iRay engine and ran some too with other figures to get a sense of too light/dark etc. These show overall as well as teeth and nails as I had to tweak those quite a bit.
Anyway let me know what you all think!

Thanks!
Laurie

Rodrigo_iRayWIP1.jpg

Rodrigo_iRayWIP2.jpg

Rodrigo_iRayWIP3.jpg