• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Rodrigo Preview and Render Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yeah, Pen will know, and there are others who use 4.8 or 4.9 that might know where the background color option disappeared to.

As far as these WIPs go, the teeth still seem just a smidge too white, but not very much, and his nails look pretty good. The Index finger nail seems a little whiter than the others, but that may just be the hand pose angle, as the other 3 look very natural.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks Miss B!
So here is with the blue eyes and the teeth toned down a little more. Yeah one or more nails will still get a "hot spot" in some lights/pose angles. Didn't want to make them too dull/dark...

Rodrigo_iRayWIP5.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The Backdrop option is an adequate substitution for being able to change the background color. Not quite as good, but adequate. You can set it to any color and turn it off before rendering. It's in the Environment panel

I'm not sure that the backdrop renders automatically, but then I haven't tried applying an image to it. I just use it to get rid of the black and be better able to see what I'm doing.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh, then they've made the Backdrop option the same as the old Change Background Color option, because with my DS 4.0P, they're 2 separate things, and the only thing you can do with Backdrop is add a background image.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That info will help Laurie a lot. I hadn't realized they changed that with the latest versions of DS.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I had to go hunting on the Daz forums when they first changed it...but not till after there was quite a bit of hair scattered around my desk ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Can't imagine why they switched it, as it was so easy to find before. ~scratches head~

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looking wonderful Laurie...I'm not a fan of too white teeth either. I think it's one of those things that can give away a cg render.

I agree 100% Miss B. So I know you are pretty DS savvy- how do I change the rendered background color in 4.8? I can't find it... hate it being black for my jpgs. Yeah I could save as a png and make my own background but for testing I prefer a nice neutral grey like as in Poser and save as jpg.
Not under that one menu any more...
Jodel and Lorraine are correct you can change the colour of the backdrop via the environment tab...

Windows/Pane/Environment

Change type to backdrop and then you can either load an image or change the colour

edited to add iirc Miss B by doing this it allowed them to provide more features down the track than what they could with it where it was.

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
edited to add iirc Miss B by doing this it allowed them to provide more features down the track than what they could with it where it was.
That makes sense Pen, but since I hadn't updated my DS 4.0 to any of the higher versions, I've been a little out of the loop as far as UI updates go.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks all for the info/tips! I bagged early- was feeling a bit brainfried after working on both the Superfly and iRay stuff over the last few days, so decided to quit a little early:) The darn snow here finally melted and we actually have a decent weather weekend here so gonna go play with my horses and try to catch up on some way overdue farm work after 2 months of ice and snow. See ya'll on Monday! I WILL finish all up on Rodrigo then for sure. Pretty close now.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
DANG, Laurie

* puts out bottles of smelling salts and leaves the room so I don't get smashed by falling bodies*