• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL I am no genius but I am getting a lot more experience with it- did a bunch of experimenting over the holidays and learned a bunch. Now if you tried that same preset on say the Draft it would work better- but yeah going smaller (like the Shetland) def. does a lot more odd things. I'm finally getting a lot better at getting the clump the way I want. Def. takes messing around and messing around:) I'm half tempted to go back in and fix my Big Dog presets.. we'll see...

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL! So call me stupid- (lazy is really the case with me:) I finally got around to updating my DS to the latest 4.10 the other day (thank you @LisaB) and am doing some LAMH test renders right now. The newer DS renders iray LAMH renders WAYYYYYYYYYYY faster than 4.9:) So if you like to use LAMH I def recommend upgrading to the latest DS version. I haven't messed with the 3DL side of that yet with LAMH so can't speak to that side yet.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
LOL! So call me stupid- (lazy is really the case with me:) I finally got around to updating my DS to the latest 4.10 the other day (thank you @LisaB) and am doing some LAMH test renders right now. The newer DS renders iray LAMH renders WAYYYYYYYYYYY faster than 4.9:) So if you like to use LAMH I def recommend upgrading to the latest DS version. I haven't messed with the 3DL side of that yet with LAMH so can't speak to that side yet.
3DL isn't that bad but does depend on your settings. MDL ........ different story, but really deals more with your video card. ........ Straight Iray usually is pretty fast for say around 90 percent of the render then slows down for the reminding portion. However, you can get grainy instances on clarity of the render if you don't up your Rendering Converged Ratio under Editor/ Progressive Render and also depending on your lighting sources, but good to hear about that. Now...... LOL ..... talking about being lazy ...... I need to learn how to do LAMH!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
3DL isn't that bad but does depend on your settings. MDL ........ different story, but really deals more with your video card. ........ Straight Iray usually is pretty fast for say around 90 percent of the render then slows down for the reminding portion. However, you can get grainy instances on clarity of the render if you don't up your Rendering Converged Ratio under Editor/ Progressive Render and also depending on your lighting sources.
I don't understand how to do that but would like to know. :)

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Personally I don't increase the Rendering quality I turn it off increase the max time and samples. Use the tonemapping as well to help render times.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So I've been super busy getting all my various Mule Deer add-ons finished up- most are in QA now/waiting on the Antler Pack, but I have also been picking away at my LAMH presets for Harry and our foal. Here is actually the Harry Winter coat used on the Shetland- I've also been working on using LAMH to add whiskers. Still very much WIP but thought I would share:)

ShetlandLAMH319d.jpg
ShetlandLAMH1a.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
So I've been super busy getting all my various Mule Deer add-ons finished up- most are in QA now/waiting on the Antler Pack, but I have also been picking away at my LAMH presets for Harry and our foal. Here is actually the Harry Winter coat used on the Shetland- I've also been working on using LAMH to add whiskers. Still very much WIP but thought I would share:)

View attachment 45954 View attachment 45955
Looks awesome !! Could go Gypsy Vanner too! .......... I soo need to get that completed. Just need a break from it for a bit.

Classic Tack Instructions.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
never having used this hair tool how do you control the length of the hair? is there a way to selectively control length on certain body parts like overall face and body shorter and whiskers belly and socks longer?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
never having used this hair tool how do you control the length of the hair? is there a way to selectively control length on certain body parts like overall face and body shorter and whiskers belly and socks longer?

The length of the hair on any part of the body can be changed using the Editor in the full Look at My Hair software - there are two ways to do that- either by choosing a body part (or multiple body parts as well as just selecting ALL) and using the Length dial or by selecting the group of guide hairs you want longer/shorter and using the scale tools.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
The length of the hair on any part of the body can be changed using the Editor in the full Look at My Hair software - there are two ways to do that- either by choosing a body part (or multiple body parts as well as just selecting ALL) and using the Length dial or by selecting the group of guide hairs you want longer/shorter and using the scale tools.

In LAMH but what about in the Poser Hair room?