CWRW Product Previews

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by CWRW, May 4, 2016.

1. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Cliff Bowman was working on something for Poser, but haven't heard anything in about a year.

2. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

Sorry- these are LAMH presets only not a Poser Hair Room product- two totally different critters:) I am still figuring out how to do the Poser Hair Room- it is MUCH MORE time intensive- like days and weeks vs a few hours.

3. CWRW

Yes- I was part of the beta testing team. Sadly he just sort of disappeared into the mists... It is a product with a lot of potential, though like a lot of Python script based products I've used over the years, I had problems with it on my macs. The PC testers didn't seem to have the issues I did.

4. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Wow...some really beautiful work here Laurie! Love the foal and the big cats! Especially the cougar!

5. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

That has always been the curse of working on Mac platform....most stuff seems to be made by PC people on PC machines for PC artists. :(

CWRW likes this.
  6. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Ooh yeah this Pony LAMH work is spectacular!

CWRW likes this.
  7. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Congratulations on another fantastic deer set!

CWRW and Chris like this.
  8. CWRW

Thanks! Red Stag coming up very soon now too:) Then I'm going to take a little break from the deer- feeling a little "deer-ified" right now:) I think this guy showed up outside my window last evening to tell me I need a little break:)

MuleDeer519.jpg

9. tparo

tparo Brilliant QAV-BEE

Have you seen the new DS beta it has strand based hair which can be rendered in Iray without the exporting. Is there any chance you may consider making fur sets out of it?

Dakorillon (IMArts) and CWRW like this.
  10. CWRW

Huh! I had no idea. I will have to check that out. Then I can answer your question:) Likely will try! If I succeed will be another deal- def have to go look/find out more about it.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  11. CWRW

Hmm I might wait for the next build... (I'm on Macs)
    • Mac Users:
      • Saving/Loading of scenes with Strand-Based Hair is not functional in this build; this is fixed in a subsequent build

12. Faery_Light

Faery_Light Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

I looked there and only found the DS 4.10.133 that I already have installed.
    Is there another that I can't find?

13. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

The hair is still in Beta (I think 4.10.133 is the proper DS, not the beta one).

Someone said its just like the old Garibaldi system but integrated within DS as well as a few updates. (I had that but never used it)

14. Faery_Light

Faery_Light Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Okay, just checked IM again and now 4.11 is there. :)

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Rae134 like this.
  15. tparo

tparo Brilliant QAV-BEE

Hopefully they will release the next beta soon and you can have a play. Its very much like Garibaldi, based of it I believe, and personally I find it a lot more intuitive than LAMH.

CWRW and Rae134 like this.
  16. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

and I believe it can be dForced too

17. CWRW

I definitely want to give it a whirl.. LOL I WAS almost done with my Lion Family LAMH presets:)

I never did try Garibaldi but hey I'm game:) And yes I did see in the Beta forum that dForce is supposed to work with it etc.

Haven't had time yet to learn anything dForce yet:) And I am terrible with dynamic clothing in Poser. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to learn:)

Mostly I get nervous with Daz beta software for Macs- while they seem to finally be committed to making DS work well with Macs these days, I still prefer to wait for final release versions:)

Rae134 likes this.
  18. tparo

tparo Brilliant QAV-BEE

You can have both the beta and the currant release installed at the same time.

CWRW likes this.
  19. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

I got badly burned by one of their betas back in the 3.x days. Not going to do that again.
    Not that I even could, since it's only available through DIM, which I'm not dealing with, either.

CWRW likes this.
  20. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

The only time I'll look at a beta version of software, is if I'm on that software's beta team. Otherwise, not - going - to - happen!

As far as DIM goes, I only use it for downloading, because I can download a bunch of files all at once, instead of one at a time. I never use it for installing.

CWRW likes this.