• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
In LAMH but what about in the Poser Hair room?

Sorry- these are LAMH presets only not a Poser Hair Room product- two totally different critters:) I am still figuring out how to do the Poser Hair Room- it is MUCH MORE time intensive- like days and weeks vs a few hours.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Cliff Bowman was working on something for Poser, but haven't heard anything in about a year.

Yes- I was part of the beta testing team. Sadly he just sort of disappeared into the mists... It is a product with a lot of potential, though like a lot of Python script based products I've used over the years, I had problems with it on my macs. The PC testers didn't seem to have the issues I did.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Wow...some really beautiful work here Laurie! Love the foal and the big cats! Especially the cougar!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yes- I was part of the beta testing team. Sadly he just sort of disappeared into the mists... It is a product with a lot of potential, though like a lot of Python script based products I've used over the years, I had problems with it on my macs. The PC testers didn't seem to have the issues I did.
That has always been the curse of working on Mac platform....most stuff seems to be made by PC people on PC machines for PC artists. :(

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
So I've been super busy getting all my various Mule Deer add-ons finished up- most are in QA now/waiting on the Antler Pack, but I have also been picking away at my LAMH presets for Harry and our foal. Here is actually the Harry Winter coat used on the Shetland- I've also been working on using LAMH to add whiskers. Still very much WIP but thought I would share:)

View attachment 45954 View attachment 45955

Ooh yeah this Pony LAMH work is spectacular!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Congratulations on another fantastic deer set!

Thanks! Red Stag coming up very soon now too:) Then I'm going to take a little break from the deer- feeling a little "deer-ified" right now:) I think this guy showed up outside my window last evening to tell me I need a little break:)

MuleDeer519.jpg

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Have you seen the new DS beta it has strand based hair which can be rendered in Iray without the exporting. Is there any chance you may consider making fur sets out of it?

Huh! I had no idea. I will have to check that out. Then I can answer your question:) Likely will try! If I succeed will be another deal- def have to go look/find out more about it.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hmm I might wait for the next build... (I'm on Macs)
  • Mac Users:
    • Saving/Loading of scenes with Strand-Based Hair is not functional in this build; this is fixed in a subsequent build

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I looked there and only found the DS 4.10.133 that I already have installed.
Is there another that I can't find?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The hair is still in Beta (I think 4.10.133 is the proper DS, not the beta one).

Someone said its just like the old Garibaldi system but integrated within DS as well as a few updates. (I had that but never used it)

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Hmm I might wait for the next build... (I'm on Macs)
  • Mac Users:
    • Saving/Loading of scenes with Strand-Based Hair is not functional in this build; this is fixed in a subsequent build
Hopefully they will release the next beta soon and you can have a play. Its very much like Garibaldi, based of it I believe, and personally I find it a lot more intuitive than LAMH.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I definitely want to give it a whirl.. LOL I WAS almost done with my Lion Family LAMH presets:)

I never did try Garibaldi but hey I'm game:) And yes I did see in the Beta forum that dForce is supposed to work with it etc.

Haven't had time yet to learn anything dForce yet:) And I am terrible with dynamic clothing in Poser. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to learn:)

Mostly I get nervous with Daz beta software for Macs- while they seem to finally be committed to making DS work well with Macs these days, I still prefer to wait for final release versions:)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I got badly burned by one of their betas back in the 3.x days. Not going to do that again.
Not that I even could, since it's only available through DIM, which I'm not dealing with, either.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The only time I'll look at a beta version of software, is if I'm on that software's beta team. Otherwise, not - going - to - happen!

As far as DIM goes, I only use it for downloading, because I can download a bunch of files all at once, instead of one at a time. I never use it for installing.