• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Centaur for Harry & Dawn

hemi426

Inspired
Hi all,
several requests reached me asking for a repost of my Harry & Dawn Centaur morph.
Well, here it is! Within the attached zip file you'll find some instructions how to apply the morph...

Have fun & happy rendering!

Oliver (hemi426)

ThumbBig.jpg

PS: I am quite busy at the moment (in a very positive way), so not too much time for 3D creations.

Attachments

• DawnCentaur.zip
    76 KB · Views: 629

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome back, Oliver!
Thank you, and glad to hear you've got good things going on, even though it means less time for 3D!

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
Just tried a very quick and dirty marriage between Dawn and Harry, using Hemi's free morph. I used plain old Dawn and Harry..no morphs on either, apart from Hemi's, and this is the result I got. :(
The match between Dawn's hips and Harry's Neck two is nowhere close to matching up :( Can anyone tell me what I've maybe done wrong?

Dawn Centaur test.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Freyfaxi are you using Poser? If so, I think you just need to make the CentaurDawn Morph 1 (mine defaulted to 0 and I had the same preview as you). Mine also had the spec in the diffuse channel for some reason too (so my texture looked black not the default bay)
Dawn Centaur.jpg

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
Thank you Rae..I just noticed that "Centaur Dawn" morph dial as well..that was the secret to getting Neck Two to marry up with Dawn's hips :) I'd just been fiddling with the x and z ( Poser 11) scaling dials - silly me :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
You DO have to reduce the overall size of the horse! I tried originally to enlarge Dawn to fit the horse...bad move, as then clothing was a problem... So I fixed it where Dawn is her normal size and the horse BODY is 78.000. I scaled the horse's neck 2 down to: 95.500 on the X scale and neck to 94.00 with a BEND of -5

Then I get this:
DawnCentaur2.jpg

Here I did not use Hemi's trans map, because I do post work OR have clothing to over-lap.

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Just a tiny bit of effort and Dusk can be made to fit as well. No postwork except to add sig and lighten a bit.
Human half is 50% Ruckus (shape not size) and Dusk SE with Dante texture, Horse half is Draft Harry.
There's a bit of a gap on the sides that would be super easy to post, but I don't think its that noticeable.