• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bruna For Dawn

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Never stopped but needed to get a better handle on iRay since that's the default render engine now. Still struggling here and there but things are looking better and better with each attempt at lighting and what not... One of the reasons I worked on the Mixed Poses for Dawn pack after all this iRay stuff hit was to give me an opportunity to work with the rendering engine a bit more and actually use the pose pack to see the process of the whole merchant thing (just got notice that the pack's page is being set up now, YAY).

Next comes the Training Set, that will probably be another month of making more settings, promo's and then the in house testing. :eek:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Knowing how much time you spend on details Richard, I doubt there'll be any major "in house testing" problems. ;)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
YES. Finally. :):D:):D

Trust me I'm a stickler for detail but the posed hands were mostly the issue along with a couple of floating issues and arm issues but thanks to Casual for his invaluable script, which I would love to mention that in the ReadMe... darn it! I'm gifting the packs to him as an extra to the money I paid him for the script. Saved me allot of time dealing with Poser, which I know mostly nothing about.

Bruna will be interesting when I get closer. I'll need to brush up on the export from DS using that method for opening up stuff sent from DS (DSON) and then saving those out as native files.

Now in the current version of Poser are PZ2 files still used for things like makeup and skin or has all that moved to the other format?? I can't remember the file extension right now, I'm at work. When I get ready, B, if you wanna test her for me in Poser that would be cool! :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't know about other stores Richard, but here at HW they prefer you just do the mc6 files. I know that DS 4.0+ can access the Materials library, which DS 2 and DS 3A couldn't, but in Poser the Materials library is always available, so HW prefers not to have the "extra" pz2 files that were always needed for Poser products used in older versions of DS unless, for some reason, they are absolutely needed. For applying skin mats, however, they're not needed.

Richard, depending on when you have her ready, and if I'm not up to my neck testing for someone else, it would be an honor to test Bruna for you. I have both Poser9 and PoserPro11. ;)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
mc6... that was the name. Well if I can get things transferred into Poser then I can save it out as an mc6 file. Now would I save those settings out in the Material room only?

Here's hoping you have the time. I'd love to have you beta test this product. XO

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yes, from the material room as a material collection..then pick what you want to save.

At this point, unless it is a VERY old product that was intended to be used as a Poser product in DS 3 or earlier, it can not be pz2 mat files...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
That's fine. I just needed to know what file format. So PZ2 for poses and material settings MC6....

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks good people! :) Still need to make my thread in the Show me the Honey forum... too busy yesterday and need to head out soon to do the gym and lunch with friends. Then back working on converting the Training outfit to iRay to add to the MAT's folder.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
So wrapping up the promos for the Training Gear for Dawn. Next to get out of the gate will be Bruna. So I need some advice from anyone that knows how.... How do I get Bruna over to Poser? I'm really hoping there is a script that can accomplish this. Thanks so much!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I know a few things about this, but not a huge amount. Is she a custom morph or hand dialed, or a combo of both?

For the skins, Poser makes it easy to add SSS. If your skin is mostly based off the image map and normal/bump maps it should be fairly easy to set up in Poser, although EZSkin2 for Firefly and EZSkin3 for Superfly will add a lot of nice touches.