• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bruna For Dawn

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'm a gluten free boy and actually love veggie pizzas with extra red sauce .. (red bell pepper, garlic (lots) red onion and that's about it) ..... :p

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That pizza actually sounds good Richard. One of the pizza places around here makes mushroom pizza with whole wheat pizza dough, which is really pretty good.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Actually read a very very interesting article about wheat the other day. Those of us that have this reaction to eating it have a sensitivity not, necessarily, to the gluten in the wheat but ............ to the Roundup chemicals they spray all over the crop to get it to mature faster and dry out even faster. So many of us may be reacting to the chemical residue rather than the wheat itself. I am one of those types I think because some places I can have their bread and be fine while others I'm doubled over in pain. There is a company that sells wheat products that are NOT treated with Roundup ...

http://www.amazon.com/Jovial/b/ref=...3032437011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Jovial

Miss B

CV-BEE
I had never thought of that. I'm not Gluten sensitive, but I know several folks who are, and that's interesting information.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I may have to email that link to my personal trainer at the gym, because his wife has to be Gluten free.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Please, share it far and wide. The more folks that know about how evil Monsanto is the better! XO

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Oh Monsanto are def the Great Evil. My advice to you if it's not the gluten is buy organically grown wheat flour and of course any other flour you buy. Organic farmers don't use herbicides or pesticides and according to some (not all, there is still debate) science the wheat is more nutritious.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Truth there. Organic is the way to go for sure. I read in this and other articles that most of Europe has banned Monsanto's Roundup and other products because of adverse health effects!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh Monsanto are def the Great Evil. My advice to you if it's not the gluten is buy organically grown wheat flour and of course any other flour you buy. Organic farmers don't use herbicides or pesticides and according to some (not all, there is still debate) science the wheat is more nutritious.

Yes, a lot of folks here are trying to buy this way, Lorraine. I don't know how it is on your side of the world, but over here they price gouge us on all the organic foods. But then this is the same country where a box of pre-packaged salt (read : frozen prepared so-called "meals") costs about $3 a box, and the ingredients needed to make a similar serving size, cooked from scratch and much healthier, will cost you about $20.

They quite literally penalize you for buying the raw ingredients and cooking yourself around here. At least in my area.

Not that it stops us from doing it. But we do get punished for it, and because of the price gouging on that stuff, a lot of families don't buy it because they simply can't afford to. I count myself and my family very lucky that we can *usually* afford to buy that way. There are times we can't, but mostly we can.

Truth there. Organic is the way to go for sure. I read in this and other articles that most of Europe has banned Monsanto's Roundup and other products because of adverse health effects!

I forget which country it is, but one of the countries is actually putting the SOB on trial! Frikkin finally! I saw that and shared it out on my FB wall a long while back. I think the comment I tacked onto the thread was something along the lines of "it's about time" and "kind of sad that you have to wait for another country to deal with this, when your own SHOULD have done this years ago."

I have gluten sensitivity also. AND I am lactose intolerant. I also can't eat most commercial meats, and we have to have game meats shipped in, especially as living where we currently do, hunting is kind of an unreachable goal. Chicken, pork, sausages, basically anything except beef gets me sick to my stomach, if not makes me actually throw it back up. And at this point we've been eating game meats for so long that things like chicken and turkey even make my husband's stomach unhappy. (He was shocked when it happened, because he grew up eating those things at his mother's table.)

Try shopping with that kind of list of no-no's! And people around me wonder why we eat things like dandelions and milkweed... LMAO

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I am so lucky. I'm not allergic nor sensitive to any foods which is pretty good as I really like my food. NZ has not too bad food production...all beef and lamb are on pasture as are dairy cows in the North Island, free range chicken and pork is starting to be more affordable but has a way to go yet, no animals are allowed into the food chain if they have had antibiotics ( there's a long enough stand down period for it to have gone), our flour of any sort is not allowed to be bleached, free range eggs have pretty much become the norm in all but families in poverty, farmer's markets are bringing affordable organic fruits and vege but organic flour still costs a bundle. I am making noises about getting it as I think it would make my sourdough even betterer ;)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Pretty happy with the eye settings finally! On to the lips now....

Bruna Eye Settings.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thank you both. I THINK I got the high gloss lip settings to where I'm happy as well. I like the renders that have a gloss top outline which I was able to figure out. iRay is def growing in me as I get more comfy with it. I also figured out a way to cut some of the texture sizes down a bit more using partial mats on white backgrounds for things like the lips. I'm hoping I can do that with the eye makeup but I'll have to see, that's for this weekend. As it is with this new way to going about saving out the lips I got 14 total so that's pretty cool. Each lip is under 1 Meg each saved out the highest resolution. :)

Green Lips.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Beauty shot .... now I gotta get the High Gloss less glossy and figure out a couple more things before I'm totally happy with the lips and their various settings. I did also redo 6 of the face morphs, including Bruna's. Turns out and I think EVERYONE that's messing around with morphs needs to be aware of this... if your moving the mouth around even a little bit keep in mind that the interior moved too which is attached to the inner mouth. So when I opened up Bruna's mouth in a smile or just Open Mouth morph there was all this stretchy type stuff going on in the inside lip area. I found this didn't affect all of my face morphs (about 15 total) but Bruna, Marilyn, Barda and a few others suffered with this so I figured out how to fix them up and made other small improvements.

What I did was export the body zeroed but had the mouth open morph set at 100% and fixed the interior of the mouth using a default copy used as a morph target in ZBrush, the smoothing brush in ZBrush and the Move brush too, making sure to mask off the areas I didn't want affected (teeth, tongue and gums) and got the mess fixed. Saved out each fixed morph as a new OBJ and then brought it back into DS using the Morph Loader Pro and making sure to right click on the Reverse Deformation and select Yes. That way when I set the mouth back to zero from being open everything would be fine. Took me a couple of hours of work but worth it. My girls look really really good now and I have plenty of base morphs to create new characters with. Need to look at my Bruno morphs for Dusk too to make sure they are all ok and if not I know how to fix them now...

Bruna-MU and Lips -01.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OK. Got the eye and lips options finished. Came up with 6 Sclera options, 4 Full eye options - Sclera, Iris, Pupil and Cornea - (Options - Default, Blood, Black and Blue) and a total of 18 Iris colors. Did all the iRay mats but not dove into converting them back down to 3Delight mats which will be what the Poser mats will be based on. 14 Lip colors, one Nude option and 4 lip options (Matt, Slight Gloss, Glossy and High Gloss)

Here is a render showing the eyes and the nude lip option with Glossy .....

Bruna - Eyes & LIips.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not into green lipstick myself, ;) but I do like the gloss effect you accomplished. Very nice. :)