• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bruna For Dawn

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Never invested because at the time, two reasons. 1) I didn't have much in the way of modeling skills back then to make clothing for her new form and 2) There just wasn't much to offer back then. Now with auto fit and my skills.. oh well! lol

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey there were a lot of things I could've gotten "back then", but never did because I didn't have one skill or another. It's the name of the game, we learn more as we go.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well you know if Blackhearted got his hands on these figures they would have so much more tremendous value to those that love the figures already and others that are on the fence about using them. His knowledge of perfecting figures like Victoria 3 & 4 and even redid that other figure sold at RDNA to such a degree she was actually gorgeous .... I'm just an old newbie that fixes things as he goes along. Plus my knowledge of anatomy needs some brushing up on.... but I'm glad you all like what your seeing so far. :cool:

Just Googled and found this handy link: http://pin3dmodels.com/gnd-anastasia-104.html

Yeah. I have the one he did for V3, and the one he did for SP3. I snapped them up because I fell in love with the morph AND the textures on both of them. I was using Poser back then, though, and trying to fit clothes to the morph was just about impossible, so sadly, it ended up not ever being used much. He was kind of ahead of the technology's time I think when he did those. At least as far as fitting clothes to heavily morphed figures inside of Poser.

As I am not and never HAVE been a T&A artist, I just couldn't USE his morphs a lot, but I did use the textures a LOT! I have, however, used the morphs much more frequently since migrating over to DS, thanks to the way DS handles fitting clothes to a figure's shape.

Hey there were a lot of things I could've gotten "back then", but never did because I didn't have one skill or another. It's the name of the game, we learn more as we go.

:yeahthat:

Yes. That! We all learn and grow in our skillsets as we continue in this hobby. Also, the technology advances little by little as well, which helps with some stuff like this as well. Personally, Richard, as I said... I think any improvement on the bending for Dawn and Dusk is a GOOD thing. I love the figures, but they are REALLY awkward to pose if you need to actually do anything extreme... Dusk's forearm is prone to "twisting" on the mesh quickly, too.

It's one of those things I want to learn how to do, so I can work some improvements into the figures... I really need to get a better handle on making morphs in Blender and then importing them to the figures in DS... there's so many little "fix" morphs or additional shape morphs I'd like to do for all three of our figures. I just don't have the skills needed at the moment, so anyone who makes little fix morphs like this, I am going to be very appreciative of! :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Truly. It's funny how so many of us evolve from end user to content artists. LOL

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well, the way this hobby flows, you basically get three types of people. The first type is happy to remain as consumers and just accept what's released around them. The second type wants to do their own work creating, for one reason or another, but has no interest in selling and is happy to remain as freebie distributors, and the third type, for one reason or another, needs or wants to do their own creating and again, for one reason or another, ends up selling their content.

When I first started making freebies, it was because I wanted to give something back; it was while I was in a period of time where I had a zero 3D budget; even a PC item at $1.99 was too much for us at that time, and I was surviving off the generosity of other freebie makers. So I wanted to give something back, and once I began to learn how to do it, I started making freebies. This was back when Rendo was still a fun place to be, with an actual sense of community and sharing and cooperation... we were able to just post our freebies right to their site and didn't need to have them externally hosted (though we could if we wanted to). Eventually, our situation financially improved, and I was able to actually set aside a small monthly 3D budget... and I started making more freebies.

At some point, my art turned away from just random "whatever floats your boat at the time" renders, to story illustrations for my creative writing. And all of a sudden, a LOT of what I needed just flat out was NOT available - ANYWHERE! This is how I stumbled into things like Wings3D, and Steve Cox's freebie UVmapper, and my first baby steps into modeling (which is really difficult for a girl who has no spatial perception abilities, let me tell you! LOL).

I just eventually reached a point where there were things I needed, things not available in either the free or paid markets, things that most vendors would continue to say wasn't worth their time to make because it was "too niche" and not a big enough customer base for it. So if I was going to get the things I needed, I had to learn how to make it myself. A lot of those personal needed items got released to the public as free, because I figured if I needed it, someone else was bound to have a use for it, too. ;)

I've never been a believe in the whole "not worth my time to make it because it's a niche item" mentality. So if it's a niche item, send it off as a freebie, or stick it into the store with your other mainstream items, because you just never know!

I will hush up now. :D I didn't mean to carry on so much! Sheesh. LMAO

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
You don't need to hush up hon. I like hearing what inspires folks. I think it's interesting. :geek:

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Well, the way this hobby flows, you basically get three types of people. The first type is happy to remain as consumers and just accept what's released around them. The second type wants to do their own work creating, for one reason or another, but has no interest in selling and is happy to remain as freebie distributors, and the third type, for one reason or another, needs or wants to do their own creating and again, for one reason or another, ends up selling their content.

I'm a member of the second type. I will kit bash and retexture what I buy, and I've done some free textures for some products. I've even done a wee bit of remodeling or fixing a bought mesh but I've never tried to make anything myself. Who knows, enough time hanging around yous fullas and I might even do that. I doubt very much I would ever get to a stage that I would try and sell anything but. Just not brave enough. But I'm a great consumer so go forth, produce stuff and I will buy it ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh don't hush Seliah. Everything you say makes sense, and we enjoy reading it. ;)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I used to have a total addiction but now... I just smoke my pipe, play with ZBrush and eat! :p

Lorraine

Mmmmmm, eating, I like doing that too...fresh bread with butter, pepperoni and anchovy pizza, smoked salmon and cream cheese on fresh bread...mmmmm.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhh smoked salmon and cream cheese has to be on a bagel Lorraine. Do you guys not have bagels Down Under?

Lorraine

We do indeed, Miss B, and I agree it's best on a bagel. But I make my own bread and bagels are such a pain to make. So I have it on sourdough bread instead :)

Oh, Richard! No fish!!! I'll make a pepperoni only one, just for you (yep, make my own sourdough pizza bases too)