• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bruna For Dawn

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OK, got it working on Firefox again but Cyberfox is still a no go. At least they are practically the same browser so I'm cool with that. *sigh*

Eyes-New lashes.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Damn those eyelashes look real!!

Glad to hear you got image uploading to work again in Firefox.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea, one less thing to stress about! lol

Thanks about the eyelashes. I do see a bit on the top inner row that needs a bit more tweaking but very happy with the bottom lash rows! :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Those eyelashes look fantastic...I'm working on Diva's textures at the moment and must admit to being worried about setting up the mats in both programs. Not even sure where to start.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Been working away at getting more familiar with iRay. Still not totally understanding things but I'm learning by example which is the best way for me to get there. So here is a shot of Bruna currently. Wearing Makeup 01. I also created two mascara eyelash options, this is Mascara 2 which is my favorite....

Bruna Render Settings Almost Yup.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks so much Miss B! Now I need to redo all the lip and makeup options all over again! *groan* But it's worth it. After than I down grade each setting to 3Delight and then export those settings out as Poser pose files (new Poser still uses the old pose file format (which escapes my memory right now)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
new Poser still uses the old pose file format (which escapes my memory right now

.mc6 as in a material collection. :) Goes into Runtime/Materials. This is for MAT poses.

Or .pz2 if something is going into Runtime/Pose... mainly for INJ's and figure poses.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I think PZ2 will be what's possible for the generated export from DAZ Studio. I have Poser Pro 2014 so can do a little tweaking in there, I'm sure I can manage that....

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks so much. Spent part of the day redoing the internal maps once again. Kept finding issues with the ones that the free on line map generator was creating for me so I sat myself down and learned how to use Shader Map. The issue is that the program isn't yet set up for Glossy maps so I wrote support for that program and Neil got back to me mentioning they are planning on implementing that in a future update but for the time being just using the Specular map and set it's main values to -100 and that pretty much gave me what I was after. So now I have 24 maps created for the head, body, inner mouth and eyes.... WHEW.. .feel like I just ran a marathon! lol Need to replace the old one with the new ones and keep my fingers crossed it's better!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hey Ram, just wondering whether the top part of the lip is deliberately missing the shine? Or if you haven't set it up on the face part yet? I do like the shiny parts...; )

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Not seeing what your seeing hon. The lips are like mirrors. What your seeing is a reflection in the upper lip on the right side, the left side shows you a very white portion telling you that the lips are hella shiny! lol

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I've circled the bit I'm talking about it looks matte where the rest of it looks shiny...I really like the shiny part but this part doesn't quite seem right. Looking at the lower lips it does it on the bottom lip too but that doesn't stand out as much as the top part...sorry.:sorry:
Bruna Render Settings Almost Yup.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, with different lighting the shine will hit both lips differently.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I suspect that's why it looks that way. Bruna is facing toward some light(s) that are causing the shine to show up the way it does. If she were facing more towards the front, it probably would look differently.