• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bruna For Dawn

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Me too... gotta find a set that's set up equally all the way around for even lighting....

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I could make recommendations, but just remembered you work in DS, and I haven't bought any DS light sets in ages.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Loaded up Fashionista hair and really wanted to restyle it a bit. Also finally thinking that I want to do some hair texture packs for what the Hive has released when I'm done with Bruna..... So here is the restyled Fashionista hair with the Black texture I've done, I need to figure out how to make things look slightly roughened up to break up the overly smooth look to the strands because they don't look like that on my maps. Weird but still figuring out iRay!

Fashionista Hair Restyled.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B. I did a bit more investigating with the iRay surfaces and took a chance first with metallic flakes which didn't pan out but then tried Metallicity at various weights and then added a map and WHAM... hair popped finally! YAY Very pleased with this discovery!

It may be subtle to some but to me just seeing those fine hairs popping out with light and the darker hairs even darker provided me with the results I've been struggling with for over a week now...

Fashionista Hair Restyled Metalicity 0.67 w Map.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh yes, I can see the difference. Well done, and of course there's a slight "greenish" tint to it. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Actually a big difference to me. The first images hair almost looks painted (blurred), the second looks like there's actual strands. Well done :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks. If your looking at dark hair you will see it reflects the colors of what's around it. There is no color in the scene but the HDR map I have loaded has blues and greens in it thus the reflection you see....

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Still messing with the settings and working on perfecting the internal maps to make things look as good as they can. In the mean time I worked on my old Supersuit for Dawn today a bit, refined the shape and material zones and then noticed that no matter how carefully I tried to get her arms to look good when posing in a "HUH?" sort of position they looked weird to me. Her default form is slender and fit but her arms always look like they are rubbery to me so I came up with this fix morph I can offer along with the Bruna pack when she's ready... what do you think? I also have hand/wrist bend fixes and a bicep bulge that kicks in when the arm is bent... you see them all at play here....

ScreenHunter_149 Feb. 21 19.07.jpg
ScreenHunter_150 Feb. 21 19.08.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Probably needs more perfecting but the idea is to get that rubbery look from under the arms. I can understand that sort of look on heavier women but not on a shape that's this fit. This is default Dawn by the way, as I need to install the fixes when she's at default rather than morphed up!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I like the fix Richard, and I agree with you. Muscular is one thing, but in the top screenshot her upper arms look too heavy.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B. I'll do some more perfecting of it tomorrow. I just watched a great scary movie called "Crimson Peak". A period piece with ghosts. Good cast. Good acting and Great special effects. 5 stars!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think the fixes are definitely an improvement in a much needed area of Dawn's bending, yes. Both Dawn and Dusk have some very odd quirks at their joints when bending them, I've noticed. So any bend fixes are always going to be welcome.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well you know if Blackhearted got his hands on these figures they would have so much more tremendous value to those that love the figures already and others that are on the fence about using them. His knowledge of perfecting figures like Victoria 3 & 4 and even redid that other figure sold at RDNA to such a degree she was actually gorgeous .... I'm just an old newbie that fixes things as he goes along. Plus my knowledge of anatomy needs some brushing up on.... but I'm glad you all like what your seeing so far. :cool:

Just Googled and found this handy link: http://pin3dmodels.com/gnd-anastasia-104.html