• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bruna For Dawn

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hi,

Well guess we are starting all this over again.

OK, first up Dawn (and Dusk) is a great figure, anyone that says otherwise is crazy. LOL

So I've been developing quite a few products over the past couple of years and finally seeing some stuff coming to fruition. Bruna is going to be my first for sale character pack I've ever done. At first I thought "I don't want to support the female because the males need more support" but as it turns out this has been more of a challenge and it's taught me ALLOT about creating something that looks pretty, natural and a little bit exciting. I'm not a tattoo sort of guy so you probably won't see that sort of stuff from me but it's not to say you won't see fantasy sets that have full body coverage (I've got ALLOT of ideas, mostly pagan based so you can only imagine what I've got up my sleeve) but to start with I wanted to make a hero type of gal. There are so many pretty and perfectly pretty characters out there for just about every female figure, including Dawn. I wanted to make someone that's strong, Italian background and has a few flaws. She's pretty and I'm sure the skin will work fine on just about any shape you want to throw at the figure but Bruna is the default shape for this.

Bruna will have ONE set of body skin, many make up options, a full body morph, a body only morph and a face only morph. Nothing too fancy for my first time out of the gate but it's taken me a while to get to a place where I'm happy with things.

Right off the bat I will admit I cheate a bit and used a merchant recourse for the main skin. I really like the skin base but trust me there are layer upon layer of adjustments to most areas but allot went in to the face. I wanted to reuse my old Bruno skins from eons ago but found that the skin is just old looking so when I go to work on Dusk's first pack I think I'll be ready to dive into skinning for this venture, I have FOLDERS of human figure photos from 3D.sk so you can bet it will be awesome skin. I'm picky as hell so nothing will be shown until I'm good and ready for that.

In the mean time I'm slowly working away at perfecting Bruna's look. Wanted to show a makeup option first. I added in eyelid and under the eye creases today as well as freckles and a beauty mark (right where Marilyn has hers since I think she's a Goddess).

She will be released I hope for both DS and Poser. The settings your seeing are the iRay settings. I think the 3Delight settings will be very easy to make as there is a script that downgrades the iRay settings to 3Delight so that won't be too hard. Then I'll have to see about getting things looking as good as I can manage in Poser.

Feedback is welcome.

Thanks for looking

Richard
Dawn Makeup Details.jpg

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Bruma is looking good, Richard, I do like her strong facial features and love those freckles :) Look forward to seeing her come to fruition for you.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I just noticed this AM that I need to fix a couple of the freckles.. there is one smack dab in the middle of the tip of her nose making it look like a strange thing going on with the texture and there is another on the other side on the nostril. Going to fix that tomorrow.

Funny how different monitors have things looking so different. The skin looks lighter on my laptop at work (where I'm writing this from) and I also notice the eyelids look more yellow than I prefer.

What are you all seeing with the eyelids? I may have to re-calibrate my monitor at home if the consensus is the lids look yellow!

Thanks for the nice compliments! :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You know, I didn't notice the freckle on the tip of her nose until you mentioned, but there's one up from the left corner of her mouth that's much darker, unless that's supposed to be a beauty mark instead of a freckle. Is that the second one you said you wanted to fix?

As far as her eyelids looking yellow, I don't know for sure if you have eyeshadow on her lids, but if you do, they look more like a soft salmon color, not at all yellow.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Looking good, Richard! Soft salmon eyelids here as well.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, OK, the soft salmon is what I was going for. I guess the laptop needs to be re-calibrated.

Yes, the darker, more pronounced mark on the left side just above the corner of the mouth is the beauty mark, where Marilyn had hers.

I so appreciate the feedback.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Is soft salmon orange?

It looks more orange than yellow to me.

Interesting. A google search returns colors from pinkish to orangey for soft salmon.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
To me salmon is a pinkish orange, but for eyeshadow it would be softer than the color of a piece of salmon steak.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
She is looking fantastic and I can tell you have put in a bunch of attention to details excellent work! I'm also looking forward to those workout clothes.

If you are happy with the results with the re-calibration of your computer, then ignore this.

I like this salmon/blush color. A suggestion I might try would be to powder kiss ( add a white or grey stroke over the darker color using a soft brush at say 45% opacity) it in Photoshop. To give it that angular texure of the schist particles if you put a soft glow filter over the top and add noise.

Oh yeah, the popular thing atm is to make the edges dark then shade the portion over the lid lighter. It gives the eye more depth. You can also go smokey or reverse smokey and butterfly smokey, but hey I'm sure in your line of work you know all about such things.

Sephora always has some of the neatest color combos and shades.

I probably would go back with another soft glow filter with white or very pale grey over the top to give it the reflective sparkle effect. Your lipstick looks really nice and I love the freckles!
Sample.jpg

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
This is one of my brush creations. I will be happy to share with you if you're interested. A few more tweaks and you could get it pretty close to the original.
Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I just love her freckles. :) And I also have an appreciation for the more angular features on her face. I think it works very well with her skin. This is looking like great work to me!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Love to have the brush. I've gotten more improvements to the eye lids and will experiment more today with the makeup overlays I've created. I have over 60 layers in the PSD file so far, which includes the skin, lips, makeups, eyebrows, freckles/mole, blending options, face details. It's a jammed packed PSD file! lol That particular brush, can I change the base color easily enough without messing up the sparkles?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Just one thing I learned in re-mapping V4 to Dawn... see the "stretched freckle" on the right side (looking at the monitor, not her "real" right).... on a map I would smush that freckle more narrow, then when the mesh stretches over the face, it should come out rounder? It's a trial and error of course....

and I know you're working on the eyelid color... it looked very orange/yellow to me here...

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Love to have the brush. I've gotten more improvements to the eye lids and will experiment more today with the makeup overlays I've created. I have over 60 layers in the PSD file so far, which includes the skin, lips, makeups, eyebrows, freckles/mole, blending options, face details. It's a jammed packed PSD file! lol That particular brush, can I change the base color easily enough without messing up the sparkles?

You can change the base , but unless you use light colors the glow will not be as intense and looks a little flat. So, you can try contrast and brightness and see what happens there or You could add a layer style outer glow or inner glow to the brush to get the same effects. You might use that on the lips for that sort of feathered matte look if you wanted. If you want to send me an PM with your email address I will stick a set in my dropbox for you. These are PS 7 but should work the same way in all version of CS. Hmmmm........ there might be a layer style that would give sort of a similar effect.