• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bruna For Dawn

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Bruna is a custom head, body and full body morphs created in ZBrush so not sure how to transfer this sort of info into Poser. I guess try to bring in the morphs using the original obj's I have? Then there is that little issue of height as Bruna is more a normal sized womans height.

The skin is set up in DS for both 3Delgith and iRay but IIRC there is a script or a way that brings over stuff to Poser. I think it's that method that most Poser users hate (DSON) but if I can get it over there any way I can I can save out the settings in a native Poser format... that's my guess....

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So yeah, don't use DSON. Actually I don't think it does materials (could be wrong) it's mostly for figures rigged and morphed the DS way, (at least as I understand it).

So the morphs are going to be pretty easy in your case. In Poser you would load in Dawn. Then wither her selected you would go to the Figure menu -> Load Full Body Morph. It will ask you for a name for the morph, and then to find an obj file of the morph (I don't know ZBrush so I don't know how it saves things by default, but I'm assuming you can export as an .obj file). Now you have a morph for the scene you are in.

So two things matter next. Was the height done with scaling in DS? or is it part of the morph in ZBrush? Also what version of Poser are you in. It also occurs to me now that the expert at this is probably @Pendraia because her Diva morph was done in ZBrush, she's mostly a DS user, but she got it to work in Poser. Also I don't have it myself, and I believe it is currently stuck in the RDNA to Daz merger limbo, but the Creator Toolbox (Toybox?) is sort of the go to script for creating injections and the like.

As for the materials the only script I know of that will let you directly pull in .duf files (which I think is that DS default for materials) is Shaderwork's Advance Library Manager 2 at RDNA. There's a free plugin for it that lets you import .duf files and other DS content.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
YIKES. Can't get that script. Is a freebie and if so would be OK to share with me if you have it? That would be so awesome.

As for the morphs, the issue I have is that I always do my work in ZBrush's native import/export format using the Cinema 4D sizing... SO not sure what to do about that.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So I know nothing about Cinema 4D. Can't be much help there. As for the scripts, they aren't free, sorry. That being said, probably not the best way to convert over your materials.

EZskin 2 and 3 are what you want, and they are free. You can get them here. Basically EZskin2 is pre Poser 11. EZSkin3 is for Superfly in Poser 11.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've also used EZSkin 3 with Firefly in PP11, but I think it was mostly created for use with SuperFly. Of course, I'm still learning SuperFly and EZSkin 3, so haven't discovered any goodies yet.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OK, thanks for the info and the link. So EZSkin can be used on just skin or can it be used on props and non organic items to improve their overall render quality?

Here is my attempt in Poser for lighting and getting things looking similar to iRay and actually the 3Delight skin looks horrible as it's the iRay skin settings with a quick reset to 3Delight "default" and as you can see not very pretty! lol

TrainingGear Promo 3Delight.jpg
TrainingGear Promo Poser.jpg
TrainingGear Promo.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So two things matter next. Was the height done with scaling in DS? or is it part of the morph in ZBrush? Also what version of Poser are you in. It also occurs to me now that the expert at this is probably @Pendraia because her Diva morph was done in ZBrush, she's mostly a DS user, but she got it to work in Poser. Also I don't have it myself, and I believe it is currently stuck in the RDNA to Daz merger limbo, but the Creator Toolbox (Toybox?) is sort of the go to script for creating injections and the like.

Rich, did you have to realign the rigging at all? I don't believe you would have needed to do that for Bruna.

If so Creators Toybox is probably the easiest way to do it but I'm not sure when it will be available again. It's a great product and will allow you to create a blank to work with.

With Diva I had to hand edit the cr2 otherwise I lost the realignment when I used the Creators Toybox. That involves hand editing literally thousands of lines of code. From memory it went from over 40000 to around 10-15000 lines of code. You have to remove everything except your morph and you also need to add the code for creating the morphs. If you have a look at one of the Hivewire injections you can see what it should look like. I used the injection file for Baby Luna and every time I removed code I had to test that the morph was still working...it's hard work and if you can use a script like Creators Toybox it's worth picking it up. You also need to have the pmd file so the injection will work. There are a couple of tutorials that were on the old forum...there is a link to it somewhere I'm just not sure where.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
WOW... you were very committed to getting Diva working in Poser hon. No way for me to have that sort of patience. So I imagine that this script is from Joe (Netherworks)?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
So Bruna is actually shorter than default Dawn so yea, there had to be some realigning of the bones in DAZ Studio to get her working correctly. There are a couple of scripts in DS that can do basic conversion over to Poser format for the mats but then I'll have to see how I do getting it all looking right in Poser! :rolleyes:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
WOW... you were very committed to getting Diva working in Poser hon. No way for me to have that sort of patience. So I imagine that this script is from Joe (Netherworks)?

So Bruna is actually shorter than default Dawn so yea, there had to be some realigning of the bones in DAZ Studio to get her working correctly. There are a couple of scripts in DS that can do basic conversion over to Poser format for the mats but then I'll have to see how I do getting it all looking right in Poser! :rolleyes:

I'd said to people that I would so I wanted to keep my word. There was many times when I felt like chucking it in though.

Yes the script was from Netherworks but if you realigned the bones then you will need to do what I did and hand edit. That's what it came to after discussions with Paul.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, doesn't Poser have an import Cinema 4D resizer? If so perhaps I can just bring in the morphs one at a time for Dawn making sure I don't have all other morphs removed using the utility. I'm on the verge of getting the newest Poser which does talk about more import and export options...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
From memory when I've tried to import objects into Poser you have to input an actual figure but I could be wrong. I'm definitely not an expert on Poser!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Downloading Poser 11 Pro. What got my attention were:

NEW! Adaptive Rigging using Morph Dependent Joint Centers (Creation is PRO)

Automatically set a figure’s joint center to match a drastic morph and automatically create the needed dependencies. Match clothes with one simple check box. Extreme morphs sometimes need the rotation centers for joints to be moved to accommodate the morphed shape, and this new tool automatically sets up the rig to match the morphed shape.

NEW! Export a Morph Injection (Pro only)

Content creators will find it handy to save a morph injection file right from the export menu. This tool creates a distributable morph injection file in a few clicks.

I'm hoping that that option is one that I can choose the morph and only that morph to be exported. IF so, YAY and then the Adaptive Rigging for Bruna since she's shorter than Dawn.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
NEW! Export a Morph Injection (Pro only)

Content creators will find it handy to save a morph injection file right from the export menu. This tool creates a distributable morph injection file in a few clicks.

I'm hoping that that option is one that I can choose the morph and only that morph to be exported. IF so, YAY and then the Adaptive Rigging for Bruna since she's shorter than Dawn.
This is the part that tempts me...I'm hoping that I will be able to afford to buy it soon. Glad to hear that you've managed to pick it up!

Just reread the part about the morphs that sounds good also...sorry just waking up over here!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OK. Looked all over for the place for the EZSkin script when I threw it into the Runtime>Python>poserScripts but can't find it anywhere in Poser drop down menus so I must have done the installation of it incorrectly?

Also upon loading up Dawn I saw there were some crazy amounts of node attached to each area of her skin. No wonder Superfly was rendering her looking like a Zombie. I erased all of that and just took the time to load in each map into the "Simple" tab to get just the basics going. Low and behold I have a fairly nice render. The eyes and nails are dead giveaways on the areas I've not touched yet.

DawnSuperfly - Basic Skin.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The skin looks nice and you could probably get away with the nails but unless she has silver eyes like Riddick (Pitch Black) I don't think you'd get away with that :) Better than my Kitty Ponies, their eyes made them look like Zombies :D (I don't have Poser so Gadget Girl kindly made Superfly eye settings for me).

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
LOL

I'm a bit flummoxed right now as I'm trying to get my head around these nodes. OK, so I want to replace the images in the inner mouth set up with my own... in the Color Map, hsv and MathFunctions nodes all show maps. I don't see ANY way to replace these with my own. Not very intuitive. Any help understanding what to do here?

Thank you! :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sorry no. The only changes I make after running a character through EZSkin is usually toning down the spec, which is what's happening with Bruna's eyes.

For the future, you can uncheck eyes in the list of items you want EZSkin to work on. I had to do that for that render I did this morning, or she'd have two nice sized white spots in her eyes, which looked like someone had a flashlight shining in her face.

As far as where to find the script, here's two screenshots to help. The first is the physical location of the script and it's assets.

EZSkin3-Location.jpg

The second is where you'll find it in the PP11 menu.

EZSkin3-Menu.jpg