• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bruna For Dawn

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Okay, poking my head out for a bit of fresh air as I try to finish up some promo renders. Maybe I can help you out.

Miss B beat me to the punch on where to find EZSkin and where to make sure it's installed.

You already seem to have discovered one of the great secrets of SuperFly. Simple is usually better. That being said the thing with the eyes is probably because of the Cornea. In the material room and advanced tab, look for the Cornea material and see if you have any thing plugged into the Alternate-Specular. If so, get rid of it. The go back to the Simple Tab and in the reflection area click multiply with lights. I find most of the time that gets you much better results in SuperFly.

As for the Inner Mouth problem, the color map is likely were you want to add your image. So here's an example. If on the color map, you don't see the image source option which I've got a red arrow pointing to, click on the shutter-limey-I-don't-know-what-that-is that the blue arrow is pointing at. That collapses and uncollapses the settings. The eye next to it shows and hides a preview of the material, which is some times useful and sometimes not.

Any way, if you click on whatever it says next to Image Source, it should give yo the option to load your own texture file.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Tried it a few ways but still not seeing the py script. I see that my script has a .pyc not a .py so not sure what that's all about.

ScreenHunter_203 May. 20 22.40.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OK. After reloading Poser it finally showed up, now I have no idea what to do with it! lol Heard it's easy but there are so many options.... Quick and dirty improvements on the skin is all I'm looking for to study the added nodes a bit.

Here is Bruna's skin and eyes. Had to work on the eyes a bit playing around with the nodes but pretty much got it figured out...

BrunaSkin-Superfly.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Yes there's a lot you can do with EZSkin, but I would worry about all the options at the moment. You will want to load the figure definitions, if you haven't already. You'll know if you have because if you have dawn selected and open the script at the top it will recognize her Type as Dawn. At that point just hit apply and see what you get.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I had no idea that Dawn and Dusk have definitions. Is there a way to backtrack if I don't like what the script creates? I finally got all the body parts maps simplified and plugged in before bed last night so don't want to loose all the work in case I'm not happy with the end results.
Thank you,
Rich

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
There is an undo button. But if I were you I would save the beginning setup you have right now to the library as a base. That way you can easily try a few different things, but always have the setup that is basically just the maps to go back to and experiment with.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So if you look at the big icons along the top, one of the envelope ones is Import Figure Definitions. You'll then want to browse to the folder where you put the EZSkin stuff and you should find the figure definition files. Import the legacy one, and then it should auto recognize Dawn.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hmm, they are not there. I even did a search for .defs but nothing comes up!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
  1. Select a figure in your scene
  2. Go to the editor tab
  3. Select a material from the list
  4. Select an EZSkin shader from the drop down box (bottom left corner of UI)
  5. Click the 'Apply Shader' button
  6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 for each material
  7. Type a name into the 'Save definition as' box
  8. Click the 'Save definition as' button
Some of that process can be made quicker by applying an EZSkin shader to multiple materials at once, but that's the gist of it.

EZSkin2 and has a definition for Dawn… and this explains how to add one for other figures… I did it and it works !

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OK, pretty pleased that I got Bruna's skin to where I like it. The morph came in fine (I loaded up Dawn in DAZ Studio, exported the morphed Bruna shape out as an OBJ in Poser format) but as expected the bones are not aligned correctly and I have no idea where to look for that. IN DS there is a pretty easy fix for that as it does an auto alignment and then you save that by ERC Freezing the whole thing and then exporting out the file so when reloaded it comes in and the figure is able to take poses without strange things happening to the fingers and what ever else.

The Superfly render engine is nice but boy it leaves ALLOT of of the firefly's in the render. I guess that's another area I need to figure out a bit more...

BrunaPoserPosed.jpg
BrunaSkin-Superfly.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
There is a way to realign the bones in Poser as someone mentioned it to me with Diva but I didn't end up going that way as I had too many morphs that I would have had to set up.

Have you tried the injection export yet?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OK. WEIRD. Diana morph came in just fine and the fingers work! Odd behavior! One thing I LOVE about Poser is that when you transform the figures morphs over to the clothing they are auto fitted but they seem to work with NO poke throughs. So here is Bruna skin, Cane Stance from my Mixed Poses for Dawn pack, upcoming Training Gear for Dawn. Pretty happy with this one...

Bruna-Diana Morph - Can Stance Pose.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
There is a way to realign the bones in Poser as someone mentioned it to me with Diva but I didn't end up going that way as I had too many morphs that I would have had to set up.

Have you tried the injection export yet?
Not tried the Injection Export as of yet. Just still getting used to Poser and what it does. The material room isn't as daunting as I was thinking it would be but there are allot of nodes I have no idea about. I got the "load 2D image" file down and spent all day fighting with the materials. Seems that when I got one done I'd go back a little while later and it seemed to reverse itself. Luckily most of the zones stayed so I just copy and pasted the zones from other body parts that shared the same maps. Eye's, inner mouth and nails gave me fits though but pretty happy with them now but the nails, I still need to work on the shaders a bit more for those.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OK.. now I know why the hands are cooperating... Diana is the same height as Dawn. So is Alicia and Marilyn (non height version) so still need to figure out if there is an auto adjustment script or what ever for this to get these shapes done.

Bruna - Marilyn Shape - Cane Stancejpg.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The Superfly render engine is nice but boy it leaves ALLOT of of the firefly's in the render. I guess that's another area I need to figure out a bit more...

All depends on your render settings, from what I can see. Here's what I use as a "base" for Superfly renders that I intend to publish and want a nice, finished look :

upload_2016-5-22_11-41-15.png

Notes :
Branched Path Tracing :
This can be turned off. Turning it off will likely reduce your render time as well.

Pixel Samples :
On my system, nothing less than 30 will get rid of the noise. I do test renders at 10-15 pixel samples, and "final" renders at anywhere from 30-40. Just like Iray, etc, you CAN stop the render once the image is clear of noise and looks as good as you want it to look.

Progressive Refinement :
This is, by default, NOT enabled on the Superfly render settings. I enable it for my renders.

Here's a Poser 11 Superfly render - NO noise/grain/fireflies - using the render settings up above.

upload_2016-5-22_11-48-33.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, at Seliah's suggestion I did the render I posted in the Dawn thread at either 40 or 45 Samples. Took a longer time than I'm used to, but I had stopped it once about half way through, and it looked fairly well. I still had some material options I needed to clean up, and a couple of lights I wanted added, but then let the final render run the full time. Not sure I needed to do that, but I was reading email, and checking out the forums, while it was cooking, so it didn't seem like that long.