• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Many of you have already seen plenty of renders I have done with this custom body sculpt for Dawn. This represents a style I wanted from the very beginning, but nobody was making it, so I gave it a try myself.

This custom body sculpt changes the entire body, from shins to neck. It changes Dawn's body proportions, so I have created posing corrective JCMs that only fire when the morph is applied and the legs are posed. All this happens automatically under the hood when you dial the morph up. ^^

Promo02_600x800.jpg

You might be asking: if this is Type-2, what happened to Type-1? I have started sculpting 3 different body types back in 2016 to cover the body styles I wanted for personal use. Yes, it took me years, haha! Type-2 has been the one I've used the most, so it has developed faster over time. I plan to release Type-1 and Type-3 as they get ready.

Below is a render I made in the same day Type-2 was completed - I couldn't wait to see the final results! In this I have mixed Type-2 body with Maraki textures, and Virtual World's Janet face. It illustrates well the kind of mix and matching this was meant to allow.

Promo01_1000x1300.jpg

This package was designed so I could have a specific body type combined with my existing Dawn character morphs and textures, to mix and match with them as seen above. In other words, it includes only the body morph, where it doesn't change the head or include any textures.

In other words, I think I have plenty of nice face morphs, but few body types I really like. Hence this project has started!

Below is Sora with Type-2 body morph, and and I think they go well together.

Promo04_600x800.jpg

The package has just finished internal beta-testing and went through a few more adjustments. Today it has been submitted to HW for QAV, so it's on its way to the store. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Looks great Ken. Very impressive. You've really got a solid and much needed product here. Good for you. Thanks for making this happen!

Thanks, Chris! I have already exhausted the kinds of body types I could make with existing morphs, so this will bring something new to mix and match with Dawn morphs. This is more like a base to expand with other morphs. The promos will show some morph combinations.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks, Chris! I have already exhausted the kinds of body types I could make with existing morphs, so this will bring something new to mix and match with Dawn morphs. This is more like a base to expand with other morphs. The promos will show some morph combinations.

Well, you've done an amazing job Ken.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Chris. Body Type-1 and Type-3 will expand the base even more, along with "Narrow Shoulders", which finally allows controlling the shoulder width. That's the kind of little detail that has a big visual effect.

xyer0

Brilliant
Well, now I need a sale on Dawn so I can finally take the plunge. This puts her on the map for me. But I need to know what I do for poses and clothes.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Well, now I need a sale on Dawn so I can finally take the plunge. This puts her on the map for me. But I need to know what I do for poses and clothes.

Hi xyer0! I assume you are asking how the morph affects conforming clothing and poses. If so, just copy the morph to the clothing and it will conform. This is the same with any morphs you apply to the figure, they need to exist in the clothing. I don't think this morph affects pose presets that much, but if it does, it's only small adjustments. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
She's beautiful Ken! I'm assuming she's Poser only and likely to stay that way? If she was DS I would buy in a heartbeat. Doesn't seem to be much for DS for Dawn and Dusk these days...: ( which makes me sad.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Went right into the cart as soon as I saw Alisa's post in the New Products thread. :D

Thank you, Miss B! Coming up next will be "Narrow Shoulders for Dawn", which takes care of a very old issue. I can't live without it in my renders these days. The devil is in the little details. :)

She's beautiful Ken! I'm assuming she's Poser only and likely to stay that way? If she was DS I would buy in a heartbeat. Doesn't seem to be much for DS for Dawn and Dusk these days...: ( which makes me sad.

Thank you, Pen! Yes, this release is Poser-only. Porting the body shape to DS isn't hard, but the JCMs would be. If there is a way to port them, I haven't found it yet.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
No way to do it all at once Ken that I know of.

I'm just sad that I won't get to play with it as I'm not converting stuff anymore and haven't even got Poser installed yet on my new computer. Still busy downloading stuff...

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
No way to do it all at once Ken that I know of.
I'm just sad that I won't get to play with it as I'm not converting stuff anymore and haven't even got Poser installed yet on my new computer. Still busy downloading stuff...

I know how that is. I have actually spent quite some time converting that Amelia character for Dawn to Poser. When I first saw her at RO, I decided I must have it in Poser, and didn't rest until I did - with all the overlay bells and whistles, and even a little more. That's when I realized most of these characters for Dawn I have purchased at RO didn't include correction morphs for the eyes and leg bending. Apparently, RO doesn't require those, or possibly doesn't test them enough to see the character is not fully working properly. Those kinds of things wouldn't pass on HW QAV by a long shot.