• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
You probably need not MDL, but LIE presets for overlays.

I was just mentioning above that LIE materials that shipped with Amelia for Dawn didn't work with I-ray when I tried. I loaded one of the make-up presets for eye shadows that use LIE, and it rendered flat black in I-ray. From that I assumed LIE wasn't compatible with I-ray, or at least not the LIE presets that ship with Amelia.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Did you change any of her settings? This is Amelia with all her default iray settings, LIE should work fine with Iray.

I think I might have loaded things in the wrong order in DS. I have tried again and it worked this time, though for some reasons her ears load as black. Haha

xyer0

Brilliant
I might make a DS version of it. Bringing the body shape into DS is rather simple, but the JCMs are a different story, and the ERCs that control the skeleton animated origins are all lost in translation. There are 2 other body sculpts on the way, so I am looking for a viable way to make this work in DS. I suppose the major barrier is that Poser doesn't support Unimesh when exporting geometry, and DS requires that.
Please do! As I said, this morph would be the SOLE reason for me to get into Dawn. I hope you can make the JCMs work.

xyer0

Brilliant
Indeed it's easier to convert from DS to Poser, because DS can export Unimesh morph targets, while Poser can't. However, I have just found a way to import Poser JCMs into DS, so it's cumbersome but not impossible. Below is an I-ray test render in DS 4.10 with the Type-2 Body on Dawn, complete with conditional corrective JCMs and automatic animatable origins in native DUF format. Forgive the rather crude render, I am really out of my element in DS.

View attachment 36642
Yes! Let's GO!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Sold! Thanks for making the extra effort to support those of us who might otherwise be orphaned. :notworthy:

The only reason the update is not out yet is because there will be an update for Type-2 that will affect both Poser and DS versions. When this update is out, everyone who have purchased this product will get the DS version for free.

xyer0

Brilliant
Thanks so much. I've bought Type-2, and I'll wait for the update before I download it. I'll get Dawn SE and Sora later this month, since the sale lasts all month. Next I'll need Hivewire to put all Dawn content on sale so I can get the other morphs, characters and clothes.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think there is a large promo discount at HW going on right now. Not sure if it's still running, since I already have all I need from the store. You will be notified of all store promos if you are subscribed to the weekly newsletter.

xyer0

Brilliant
Yes, Dawn SE & Sora are the only pertinent Dawn items on sale at the moment. If I had HiveWire's catalogue, I'd market it incessantly, but then, of course, there would have to be weekly content for the flagship models.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Good news! Today I have confirmed with HW that Type-2 will soon be updated, and that will include the DS version for no extra cost. The DS version is identical to the Poser one in all aspects. Poser users should also get the update, because there were some minor adjustments.

xyer0

Brilliant
HalleluKen! Thanks for sussing this out. I'm that much closer to realizing the perfect Dawn (once you get Narrow Shoulders DS in the bag, that is).

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I forgot to update this thread - more GOOD NEWS!

The product has been updated last Friday, and now includes the DS version for no extra cost. If you are a DS user and have purchased the Poser version, just re-download from your HW account to get the native DS files! :D

If you are a DS user and hasn't purchased the Poser version, nevermind the product page still claims it's Poser-only. That will be updated ASAP. The product includes both Poser and DS native versions. ^^