• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Anime Dawn Begins!!

No.... Please don't make the ears hair. Well unless they are ears not hair formed into the shape of ears. I mean it is fine to have them part of the hair prop or figure but the ears should not be hair. At least not for me, this is the cat ears I want. They move and are expressive when the character talks or emotes and are not static cat ears like pretty much everything available now. ;) And now I am going to have to download that game again lol. And make my RP partner do the same.

P.S. This is what I tried a while ago to make a cat girl. The ears really disappointed me, well and the tail. S'afir Rain New Adventurer

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I was actually thinking more like the ones in Loveless and nothing like the ones in Rosario Vampire.
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/14500000/loveless-loveless-14538006-800-600.jpg
So actual ears but as part of the hair. I did think about separate ears but I don't see how I could get them to look seamless with Sora unless they are geografted which means DS only. I think as part of a hair they could look quite good. Need to read up on creating hairs before I can even start this though and I want to finish some of the other projects I have on the go first. I only started the morph because I got really excited when I loaded Sora up and thought well what can I do with this...I'm not a huge fan of anime normally which is why I thought of a faery type figure. Having looked at some of the shows my son pointed me towards in search of cat ears, I now have too many ideas that I would like to try but first before anything else I should be doing reports...at the moment I'm procrastinating as I hate writing reports!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@Dragonsegg, I just reread your post. I was planning on morphs for the ears so they can turn around and move around a bit. I hadn't planned on hair on the actual ears but it may be doable. I still have to learn how to do the hair...lol so it's all just conjecture at this stage. Really must go and do my reports though...

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I only started the morph because I got really excited when I loaded Sora up and thought well what can I do with this...I'm not a huge fan of anime normally which is why I thought of a faery type figure.

Yeah, Sora is more inspirational than I thought. I enjoy some anime, but never really planned on rendering much with it. And then thanks to a suggestion from @NapalmArsenal this happened:

View media item 1470
I'm really excited for these sleeves now. I may still adjust the length, but they do some really fun stuff, and they are separate so they could be used for a lot things. And for those wondering the skin is Bow, and the hair is Arki's Dragon Keeper, which I found a bunch of Dawn poses with the hair over at RDNA's sale.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looks great GG...just taking a quick 10 minute break from reports as they are doing my head in.

NA...interesting images!

Edited to add my son pointed me in the direction of that and also some others...so I now have lots of Anime ideas as well as my original fairy morph.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
You guys can also use my ~Animal Anime Pack~, which includes ears and tails for a variety of animal kinds, where the catgirl ears include a zillion morphs and can fit any figure. All catgirls I have rendered use those props, which were designed with Anime style in mind ==> Animal Anime Pack

Making the ears merge with the hair is a matter of how you place them. In the example below, it's just a matter of moving them more to the back of the head. If the hair has a fringe, place the ears between that and the back hair. The render below was made for the event when DeviantArt changed their logo into the current "green cactus" one, which can confuse a catgirl. ;p

new_logo_nyajpg.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Loving that render GG, and thanks for mentioning what hair you used, as I was just about to ask. ;)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B. And that reminded me, for those of you out there thinking of making some skins for Sora what about some colored ones? By colored I don't mean of ethnicities other than white, I mean fantasy colors for elf skins and the like. One of the reasons I think Bow's skin looks so nice on her is that it's stylized. Although, I did have to try Rose's skin on her (just got it) and it works very well also. And using Chris's advice, I made some cat ears using Dawn SE's built in morphs.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
GeeGee! Awesome!! Glad the ear thing worked out too. Looks great. All of it.