1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

RELEASED Anime Dawn Begins!!

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

Yeah, yeah. Finally right? I've seen many folks in this community hungry for more efforts to be put on Dawn. We've been wanting to, and meaning to eventually create our Anime Dawn. So here is the first work on her face today. This is not to be the heavy stylized version but closer to some thing that I like and think that there is a definite audience for. This shouldn't take too long to get the base shape done either. Should have a body base by end of day today. Then I'll show more screen grabs.

I have a base outfit in mind for her too. I'm excited to get to it.

Here's a start for folks to see.

We love our Dawn and will keep her moving forward! This is just one way we're doing that.

AnimeDawn1.JPG AnimeDawn2.JPG AnimeDawn3.JPG AnimeDawn4.JPG

2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Niiiiiiiiiice!! Chris, you are da man!! ;)

3. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Very nice work Chris....

4. sanbie

sanbie Noteworthy Contributing Artist

Nice start Chris...

5. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

Whooo hooo!

6. Chris

Right!?

7. Pendraia

Definitely...

8. Miss B

Absolutely! ;)

9. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Ima Whooo hooo! too!

10. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

Wow Chris, she looks beautiful! This could be an opportunity to add an additional teeth option, like teeth size for stylized characters. For example, Dawn already has "Teeth Size" that controls the teeth height. Instead, this would be about controlling the teeth width like we have with Aiko4. Stylized characters can have wider or narrower teeth. We could also expand the range of "Lips Height", and furthermore, the range of "Teeth Gums Height" as well. While making stylized characters, I have occasionally been held back by the existing limits. Still on morph range, the eyes height in relation to the nose and mouth can define the character's age in Anime style. The lower (and rounder) the eyes, the younger the character. Those are important to allow more diverse character creations.

Dawn already has an "Anime Nose" morph, and it would be nice to be able to use it with Anime Dawn. When making stylized characters by combining multiple 3rd party head morphs, I was unable to use this shape because it adds on top of the other morphs, and it's too much distortion. Since Anime Dawn is a morph too, maybe she could have her own simplified nose as well? And perhaps simplified ears? ^___^

Facial expressions might be the real challenge in this style. In my humble opinion, none of the Aikos line-up ever got this right. Aiko4 almost got them right, but the expression morphs would often destroy her face. In Aiko 5 and 6, it seems like they just quit trying. Ironically, some of the best Anime stylized expressions came from Terai Yuki - a game model that later became a Poser figure.

I love the face, Chris! I won't be able to sleep tonight, thinking on all the possibilities of finally getting the stylized expressions right this time. In this mainstream Poser/DS market, [I believe] it hasn't been done yet (besides Terai Yuki). It's really exciting! !

11. Pendraia

Talking of teeth it would be nice to have a smooth teeth morph...I remember someone doing one over at Daz years back for one of the anime gals.

12. Chris

Great to hear the feedback and the interest. Here is today's solid effort. From the multiple references this is the look I'm going for. I'm liking what I've been able to come up with. Hope you all are too. She has much longer legs, but I'll scale her down overall to be similar height as Dawn. Fuller hips, thighs and pelvis. Higher crotch. Larger breasts (obviously), and thinner neck and arms. Narrower torso.

AnimeDawn5.JPG AnimeDawn6.JPG AnimeDawn7.JPG AnimeDawn8.JPG AnimeDawn9.JPG AnimeDawn10.JPG AnimeDawn11.JPG AnimeDawn12.JPG AnimeDawn14.JPG

AnimeDawn15.JPG

RAMWolff likes this.
  13. Chris

These next images show the differences between Dawn SE and Anime Dawn.

AnimeDawn16.JPG AnimeDawn17.JPG AnimeDawn18.JPG AnimeDawn19.JPG AnimeDawn20.JPG AnimeDawn21.JPG AnimeDawn22.JPG AnimeDawn23.JPG AnimeDawn24.JPG AnimeDawn25.JPG

RAMWolff likes this.
  14. Miss B

She's coming along nicely Chris. ;) I'm really liking the shape of her face.

15. sanbie

sanbie Noteworthy Contributing Artist

Looking really great Chris!

16. Pendraia

Looking good...and I also like the shape of the face.

One question is it possible to reduce the breast size using Dawn's other morphs?

17. Lorraine

Lorraine The Wicked Witch of the North CV-BEE

Very nice, Chris! She def does not suck!

18. Chris

Oh for sure. I made sure that the breasts are just dialed up from existing morphs. This is breast large 2 dialed up and breast raise added in. So you could just dial them down.

19. Chris

Too funny... you.

Thank you and to the others too. Thanks a lot.

Lorraine likes this.
  20. Pendraia

Thanks Chris...that is very useful.