• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Anime Dawn Begins!!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Talking of teeth it would be nice to have a smooth teeth morph...I remember someone doing one over at Daz years back for one of the anime gals.

Oh yes, I remember that! It was a dial that simplified the teeth, so there would be no separation between them. I remember using it a LOT with stylized characters. I also remember Aiko3 didn't have it, and I used to replace her teeth with a cylinder section to have similar looks as the simplified teeth morph (before it came out). Very useful!

@Chris I see you have observed many of the proportion attributes, including details like the breasts line is higher in Anime style than it is in a normal human body. This is a morph I wanted to have in Dawn to use with my characters, and now there is one just for that! ^__^ Maybe it's my impression, but are the breasts pushed towards the center, facing forwards? I was wondering if the they shouldn't be facing more towards the sides (normal vector direction from the body)?

I also wanted to ask how do handle the large lashes when morphing the face? Do you move them way and then back afterwards?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Oooh I'm happy about this for sure almost as much as Kitty!! Really liking the morphs so far!

Will there be the wide anime eye morph option?

My attempt on doing the anime eye. Sort of based on Belldandy from the Oh My Goddess series. I guess they are so so "shrug" probably needed to widen the eye more , but then they looked too much like bug eyes. Trying to get them so they don't look crossed eyed is a chore lol!!
Anime Eye.jpg

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@NapalmArsenal Hehe I knew what you mean - Anime style is typically tied to large eyes + small mouth. I think Anime Dawn will be more in the lines of Anime stylized instead of traditional Anime. Big eyes are more in the lines of traditional Anime style, where the eyes are typically flat. This is why Aiko was never really into the true style because her eyes are spherical. Below is a character I made with Dawn, replacing her head with one I have created myself, featuring traditional Anime flat eyes. We cannot do this with spherical eyes, so Anime Dawn is aiming for "Anime stylized" instead. That's the style we see in the Final Fantasy movies, and I think it represents the most artistically beautiful and influential style we have nowadays. ^____^

AnimeStyle.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Ken. I'll take another look at the breast and nipple line tomorrow. We do have morphs to turn breasts out though already.

When morphing the face and eyes if it doesn't need to influence the lashes I either lock the big lashes so they don't move when I add in morphs, but I prefer to just make them invisible so I can see around them well enough.

I can definitely plan on the teeth morphs and gum lines too, as well as a hand full of the other things you've mentioned.

NapalmArsenal, as Ken has said I am aiming for a more Anime stylized look for this one. I do know that Sparky had a great start on a more traditional Anime for Dawn that she was workin on a while back. She's doing a great job with it too. I may look into a few other eye shapes but nothing extreme for this one. Hope that's still going to work for you.

Here is tonight's work on cutting out a shape for the main body suit for this Anime Dawn. It's just a start, but I think I can finish this part tomorrow and still get a great start on the other clothing items I have planned for this. One being mid thigh high leather boots with stiletto heel. It's going to be awesome I think.

AnimeDawn26.JPG

AnimeDawn27.JPG

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Looking great, Chris !

Hey there, Ryverthorn!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
NapalmArsenal, as Ken has said I am aiming for a more Anime stylized look for this one. I do know that Sparky had a great start on a more traditional Anime for Dawn that she was workin on a while back. She's doing a great job with it too. I may look into a few other eye shapes but nothing extreme for this one. Hope that's still going to work for you.

I just snagged a copy of PD Artist that generates very nice anime style backgrounds. Just looking for a nice model to go with them!! =)
I'm sure it will be fine. Although, I really do love the traditional style!! Any plans for adding an Anime Dusk?

That body suit is looking stylishly chic!! Would work great for Julia( Cowboy Bebop) or Celty (Durarara)!!

Thanks Ken, for the info!! Btw, can you hook me up with Celty's helmet to go with your Hello Kitty shirt???

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
NapalmArsenal, we most certainly will create an Anime stylized Dusk! Gotta have the pairing right?

Thanks for input and feedback.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Here is tonight's work on cutting out a shape for the main body suit for this Anime Dawn. It's just a start, but I think I can finish this part tomorrow and still get a great start on the other clothing items I have planned for this. One being mid thigh high leather boots with stiletto heel.
~WHOA~ ;)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
NapalmArsenal, we most certainly will create an Anime stylized Dusk! Gotta have the pairing right?

Thanks for input and feedback.

Yes, can't have Julia without Spike!!!

Now, you wouldn't be referring to this Sailor?

However, Ryverthorn I could see your Swirling Arcana looking pretty SWEET on Anime Dawn!!!

Ryverthorn

Inspired
Contributing Artist
I was thinking both that one and the traditional style "school girl" uniform sailor suit thing you see in a lot of anime shows
And yeah the new outfit would probably look pretty good on Chris' new shape... once he gets it finalized I'll add it in ;)