• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Anime Dawn Begins!!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@frogimus, I don't think you could actually get away with doing a true to form Celty character, but something similar to Celty's flames might be an option. Kami Of Nature By NapalmArsenal | HiveWire 3D Community

You could incorporate Anime Dawn with the Hivewire horse for that true ancient Irish Dullahan Dullahan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia look.

Of course, you could take Kilala in demon form from Inuyasha with a little of Celty's flames thrown in for a character and get an interesting result.

Last edited:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Love the boot wrinkles, Chris! Are you modeling the boots in flat or posed feet?

Paul will be able to make the adjustments needed so that these boots will fit the Anime Dawn or "Dawnime". We want these boots to fit Dawn like our Universal Cowboy boots do. I'll add in some grouping and cuts across the boots to achieve varying heights as well.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here's tonight's efforts. Worked on the vertical seam of the boots. Modeled in the vertical seams on the body suit and top edge seam. I still need to model the lower edge around the hip opening. I still need to work over the teeth morphs too.

AnimeDawn32.JPG
AnimeDawn33.JPG

AnimeDawn34.JPG

AnimeDawn35.JPG

AnimeDawn36.JPG

AnimeDawn37.JPG

AnimeDawn38.JPG

AnimeDawn39.JPG

AnimeDawn40.JPG

AnimeDawn41.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks Pen.

And I forgot, thanks for the reminder, welcome to HiveWire Frogimus. We hope you find some joy here, and participate as much as you're able.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@frogimus , sorry where are my manners!!! Welcome to HiveWire!!

It's good to see another Durarara fan! I kind of got into it because of my Irish heritage. I remember watching all of those classic Anime movies as a kid in middle school, and getting hooked on the genera. Cowboy Bebop....only 26 episodes =(, Record of the Lodoss War, Vampire Hunter D, and the Bubblegum Crisis are some favorites.

Thanks Pen for the reminder!

The teeth, body suit and boots are looking super Steller!!

One thing I might add, and this is just an after thought they do look fine with out it, you might put a zipper tab on the boots. It sort of makes you wonder well how did she get those on?

On the teeth would something like this be possible? I know MEC4D has the kewl vamp/multiple morphs on the teeth. Which makes me wonder if you couldn't do a texture/morph to make them smooth.

I haven't tried Ken's cylinder idea.

Last edited:

frogimus

Adventurous
Thanks for the welcome :) Love the Misaki Mei image. Are you a fan of "Another"?

I agree on the teeth. Separation in anime is used minimally and for effect.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I have not as of yet seen the Another series, but I have read the novel. Misaki Mei starts out as a rather strange kid in the class, but as you explore the novel more she ends up being one of the Kewler characters along with Koichi. I found it to be a rather interesting novel! I need to make a point to watch the series!

LOL it seems a great deal of Anime likes 1972/73 as a starting point. Bruce Lee connection maybe?

frogimus

Adventurous
You want strange, try Mysterious Girlfriend X

I like the way this Dawn is shaping up. Will there be smooth transitions for the various upper/lower body ratios?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
One thing I know, from watching Chris sculpt not just Anime Dawn, but the HiveWire big cat and many other projects he has under taken is that he is the sculpt MASTER!!

He is also very very good at taking direction about the things he makes and if you think something should be there then ask him about it. He will generally give you a straight up answer of whether or not it should or shouldn't be there and why.

frogimus

Adventurous
No doubting his sculpting abilities after watching this thread, but it's been my experience with other figures that pushing the dials much gives some problems in the falloffs.

Anime/manga uses height and limb length a lot to differentiate different characters. In something I've been working on, a character is very short-waisted but still tall. I've not found a base that gets me there without getting into the highly stylized bases.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Holy Crap NapalmArsenal! Not sure I can live up to your comments!!

We'll have scaling between body groups for transitioning between body portions. Paul sets up the scaling and does a great job with that. But we have a number of morphs to help to achieve different looks also. I know Pen asked earlier about breast sizes and can we have smaller shapes. We have a bunch of shapes for breasts for sure. We have slimming morphs, and hips and thigh widening morphs that Ken K. asked about before that we incorporated for Dawn SR2 (Service Release 2) and such as well. If you have some specific shapes you'd like to see on this stylized figure, let me know and I'll see about making it work.

I know that Ken K. has asked me specifically about more abdominal region shapes, and I have to see what I can do about that still.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Forgot to comment on the teeth imagery. I'll do what I can to provide some teeth shapes. I'd like to keep the base teeth to work from and morph in flat edges and fronts and bring them closer together to close gaps, but I don't think I want to provide replacement teeth. Don't want to complicate it that much. We'll see.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oh good, I do think a "flat chest" is very common in these style figures (one of the many styles anyway). Thanks, Chris! (cause those also help with creating a young girl of Dawn anyway! :)

PS going out of my mind over those FANTASTIC boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
We have slimming morphs, and hips and thigh widening morphs that Ken K. asked about before that we incorporated for Dawn SR2 (Service Release 2) and such as well. If you have some specific shapes you'd like to see on this stylized figure, let me know and I'll see about making it work.

I know that Ken K. has asked me specifically about more abdominal region shapes, and I have to see what I can do about that still.

Indeed, Anime hips have a continuous curvature from the waist all the way to the knees. That's what the SR-2 "Hips Rounded" morph does - it "fixes" the waist-to-hip shape to provide that shape. Like Chris has mentioned, I have also suggested an abdominal shape upgrade from SR2 that I consider a must. There is also something I have been wondering in the last couple of months - a morph to control the distance between the femurs (at hip joints) to define the hip shape and the gap between the legs. This varies between different female characters, but I cannot control it with Dawn. For example, with cartoonish and stylized characters, it's no use to control thigh thickness if I cannot control the distance between the legs. When adjusting body proportions, these two things should be able to work together, but one is missing.

The "simplified teeth" (gap-less) is something I have first used with Aiko3 because her realistic teeth affected her smile in a negative way. I have created a posable teeth prop I have used with many figures (originally with AnimeDoll), and it can be used with Dawn as well - see below. It has upper and lower teeth, posable with morphs. Upper and lower teeth have independent material zones so it's easy to hide them independently. This is because the lower teeth will only show in specific cases, so it can be hidden when needed. This was modeled back in 2005, so I could probably do something better nowadays, but I bet Chris can do better without having to replace Dawn's teeth. I remember Aiko4 has a morph that did just that - made them plain gap-less. ^___^

FlatTeeth.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Look' n good there Ken. I'll move to the teeth after I get a good handle on this outfit. With create the long fingerless gloves next.

Here's today's work. Cut up the body suit to be able to add in morphs for removing the midsection and still have a rolled over edge to the groups that still show.

AnimeDawn42.JPG
AnimeDawn43.JPG

AnimeDawn44.JPG

AnimeDawn45.JPG

AnimeDawn46.JPG

AnimeDawn47.JPG

AnimeDawn48.JPG

AnimeDawn49.JPG

AnimeDawn50.JPG