• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Anime Dawn Begins!!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hard to say. A search for Dawn in the Renderosity gallery brings up quite a few images created before the HiveWire Dawn was released in 2013.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think there is also a V4 character named Dawn? (just to add to the confusion :p)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
yeah i cauht that but as i have said i pretty much can tell if it was dawn or not in the render. and it was from what i could see.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think there is also a V4 character named Dawn? (just to add to the confusion :p)
Yes, she's one of Addy's V4 girls over at Renderosity, and I happen to have her. I think I can see some similarity, though not necessarily to Dawn "out-of-the-box", as it were. Some folks not too familiar with either character, might confuse them.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
In my opinion I think he is full of it comparing Dawn to V2. Even V4 can't pose properly without breaking without pricey add on fixes. But Dawn poses without breaking.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
well he wasn't comparing posing abilities at all. All he wrote was she maps(textures) like V2.
If not extreme positions I like V2 and still use her for some scenes where I need an extra figure to fill it out.....sorta like a bit part character.
The problem doing that is texturing. Since I am not too sharp when it comes to using all those nodes in Advance Materials room, I can never get a v2 figure even if she has the bet textures available at the time to render/look like a nicely textured V4. I wish I could grasp those functions but..........

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I understand that friend but i thought the hair was placed with horns to see how they would work together so the hair can be tweaked.