• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Anime Dawn Begins!!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yeah, yeah. Finally right? I've seen many folks in this community hungry for more efforts to be put on Dawn. We've been wanting to, and meaning to eventually create our Anime Dawn. So here is the first work on her face today. This is not to be the heavy stylized version but closer to some thing that I like and think that there is a definite audience for. This shouldn't take too long to get the base shape done either. Should have a body base by end of day today. Then I'll show more screen grabs.

I have a base outfit in mind for her too. I'm excited to get to it.

Here's a start for folks to see.

We love our Dawn and will keep her moving forward! This is just one way we're doing that.

AnimeDawn1.JPG
AnimeDawn2.JPG
AnimeDawn3.JPG
AnimeDawn4.JPG

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Wow Chris, she looks beautiful! This could be an opportunity to add an additional teeth option, like teeth size for stylized characters. For example, Dawn already has "Teeth Size" that controls the teeth height. Instead, this would be about controlling the teeth width like we have with Aiko4. Stylized characters can have wider or narrower teeth. We could also expand the range of "Lips Height", and furthermore, the range of "Teeth Gums Height" as well. While making stylized characters, I have occasionally been held back by the existing limits. Still on morph range, the eyes height in relation to the nose and mouth can define the character's age in Anime style. The lower (and rounder) the eyes, the younger the character. Those are important to allow more diverse character creations.

Dawn already has an "Anime Nose" morph, and it would be nice to be able to use it with Anime Dawn. When making stylized characters by combining multiple 3rd party head morphs, I was unable to use this shape because it adds on top of the other morphs, and it's too much distortion. Since Anime Dawn is a morph too, maybe she could have her own simplified nose as well? And perhaps simplified ears? ^___^

Facial expressions might be the real challenge in this style. In my humble opinion, none of the Aikos line-up ever got this right. Aiko4 almost got them right, but the expression morphs would often destroy her face. In Aiko 5 and 6, it seems like they just quit trying. Ironically, some of the best Anime stylized expressions came from Terai Yuki - a game model that later became a Poser figure.

I love the face, Chris! I won't be able to sleep tonight, thinking on all the possibilities of finally getting the stylized expressions right this time. In this mainstream Poser/DS market, [I believe] it hasn't been done yet (besides Terai Yuki). It's really exciting! !

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Talking of teeth it would be nice to have a smooth teeth morph...I remember someone doing one over at Daz years back for one of the anime gals.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Great to hear the feedback and the interest. Here is today's solid effort. From the multiple references this is the look I'm going for. I'm liking what I've been able to come up with. Hope you all are too. She has much longer legs, but I'll scale her down overall to be similar height as Dawn. Fuller hips, thighs and pelvis. Higher crotch. Larger breasts (obviously), and thinner neck and arms. Narrower torso.

AnimeDawn5.JPG
AnimeDawn6.JPG
AnimeDawn7.JPG
AnimeDawn8.JPG
AnimeDawn9.JPG
AnimeDawn10.JPG
AnimeDawn11.JPG
AnimeDawn12.JPG
AnimeDawn14.JPG

AnimeDawn15.JPG

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
She's coming along nicely Chris. ;) I'm really liking the shape of her face.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looking good...and I also like the shape of the face.

One question is it possible to reduce the breast size using Dawn's other morphs?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Looking good...and I also like the shape of the face.

One question is it possible to reduce the breast size using Dawn's other morphs?

Oh for sure. I made sure that the breasts are just dialed up from existing morphs. This is breast large 2 dialed up and breast raise added in. So you could just dial them down.