• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Anime Dawn Begins!!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
This thread keeps getting cooler every time I peek in! Nice work Chris! Nice renders Miss B! And I have Bow for Dawn now....
:D

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
I'm doing art with Bow's skin texture, eye material and makeups on Dawn SE. I tweaked some settings a little bit though, but I love the way it came out. I still have to add the PS work.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I'm doing art with Bow's skin texture, eye material and makeups on Dawn SE. I tweaked some settings a little bit though, but I love the way it came out. I still have to add the PS work.

Can't wait to see what you've come up with.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I was thinking that Anime smiles have less of a cheek crease than a realistic one. In Anime style, cheek creases are used to denote older characters instead. I wonder if Chris would be willing to make an Anime smile with less pronounced cheek creasing?

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Or maybe we can have both. The cheek creases and an option to have less. That way we can have either a younger Anime girl or an older one. I think that would add more value to her as well. I would also love to see our figures with age morphs as well so we can choose what age our characters will be. That way our customers can get that right off the bat instead of having to buy an extra package like you have to at Daz.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Taking notes. Thanks folks.

Hoping to get this model out to artists next week that want to create for it. Waiting to free up Paul next week to make sure the rig is properly adjusted for it first.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Taking notes. Thanks folks.

Hoping to get this model out to artists next week that want to create for it. Waiting to free up Paul next week to make sure the rig is properly adjusted for it first.

I can't remember now, did you decide if she was going to be her own figure or a morph for Dawn? Either way, I've been working on a set of Vietnamese clothing for the Hivewire figures. I've been posting what I have for Luna, but I also have started an outfit for Dawn, and it might be fun to include a version to make it more Mortal Kombat.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Looks great! is it made with MD? ^^

Thanks, and yes it is from MD. Still needs some work, like on the collar. I've been focusing on the Luna version.

My modeling skills are very basic, kind of like my drawing skills with pen and paper. However, I'm a fairly accomplished fiber artist, so MD just makes a lot of sense to me. I'm still learning a lot of tricks in it, because it's not quite the same as actual fabric, but I'm finding I can do some cool stuff in it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
If you make the neck a separate MAT zone, you can make it more rigid in the Cloth Room. You can also change the neck vertices properties without making a MAT zone. :)