• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Anime Dawn Begins!!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yeah, that does look very similar to Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru's robe!! If you could fan the sleeves out in a more traditional kimono style you could also use it for Kikyo's. I really love the way Miroku's fastens in the front though. Nice work!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Yeah, that does look very similar to Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru's robe!! If you could fan the sleeves out in a more traditional kimono style you could also use it for Kikyo's. I really love the way Miroku's fastens in the front though. Nice work!

Okay so you just gave me an idea that is either really cool, or really silly. As is I was going to make two versions of the dress. The realistic one which is what I posted here and a fantasy one. Now I've already gone in and made the sleeves tighter fitting on the realistic one, but that actually may be good. You see the fantasy one is going to be sleeveless. However, I could make a set of dynamic sleeves that are separate in the kimono style. Arki's Sylph dress at RDNA does this and it's nice because you can use the sleeves with many different outfits. So if I made separate sleeves you could use them with either outfit style, or something else entirely.

Right now I'm trying to get my version for Luna finished up, because I'm very close. But I'll play around with this and see what happens.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
This Sora for Dawn mesh is currently out to several artists to begin to create work for it. Very cool stuff being developed for her!

I'm so excited!!

Lisa is working on the map work for the Ponytail hair for her also.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Awesome! I am undecided if I will make a character morph or an outfit - or both. Today I have wrapped up (to beta-testing) 2 of my 3 current projects, so I can get started with Sora soon. ^___^

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm working on a character morph for her...face and ear morphs so far. I'll be doing a texture for her also...second play is a quick artistic render using the tree of life set and Dawn SE texture...
front view.jpg

SoraFae at the tree of life.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Neither does mine...but I have started working on the texture...should really have been doing reports though...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Interesting idea Earl...I was wondering whether to do more than one set of ears. Not sure how i would go with it though. I was thinking more of faery style ears.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So I've been working on my Sora outfit as well. While this was rendering I already went in and added some more material zones around the arms. These should both enable some trim options, but also help with constraints and keeping things in place.

What I haven't decided on yet is the sizing I want for the front and back panels. They sort of ended up being very different and I'm not sure if I like them that way, or want to make them both match the front or the back.

And by the way, take a look at that Poser 11 construct. I now want a Danger Room texture for it.

I'd love to see some cat ears.

eclark1894

Visionary
Interesting idea Earl...I was wondering whether to do more than one set of ears. Not sure how i would go with it though. I was thinking more of faery style ears.
I have tried to morph Roxie into a cat girl with mixed results. It was those darn ears that messed me up. After studying a few images of cat-girls though, I would take a different approach today. i would leave her own ears alone, but create new ears either from her mesh or just as attachments on top of her head. Most cat-girls seem to have both sets of ears anyway, but the human ones are hidden beneath their hair. I'd probably do the same with her tail. The face is up to you.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the suggestions everyone...I will be working on reports today so won't get chance to experiment with the cat ears today. As soon as I get chance I'll post my progress.
@Earl, thanks for the suggestions. I would have tried moving the ears also...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just had a quick look at anime images of cat ears and most seem to be part of the hair. So I was thinking it might be good finally try out that tutorial I got from Littlefox on making hair...I have a few ideas from talking to my son who is very keen on anime. First I need to do reports, then I have a couple of projects including the fairy morph that I will need to get done. Two weeks off in 5 weeks...thank goodness for school holidays!