• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Funny, I never took to Scott Bakula, though he's not too bad on his current NCIS New Oreans show. I liked Voyager, but have to agree Janeway was not a character I could warm up to either. I just liked the writing on the show better than some others.

I also liked DS9, but Babylon 5 was, and still is, my fave sci-fi show, with the original Stargate a close second.

I never got into streaming at all, and it's too bad because there's an Amazon Prime show I've wanted to watch, as it's based on a set of books by an author I happen to like a lot. I've read all 20+ books, so would be nice to see how they transformed them into a TV series.

NG Artplay

Eager
Contributing Artist
Thank you! Kept telling hubby that Scott was on a show long ago and I couldn't remember what it was. ...Quantum Leap!

I'm a Grimm fan but I do like that dark, fantasy type stuff :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
When you watch as much TV as I do (and frankly emotionally depend on it for my sanity, living the limited life I do).... and the TV SET DIES..... !!! Yikes!!

It was so weird! My 5 year old Samsung flat screen's picture suddenly got darker and darker...then it was GONE and it would not respond (like it's engine died!!) ... checked remote batteries, all outlets, etc... but it was deader than a doornail! I HAD used it almost NON-STOP for all these years, 24/7.... !

So, I HAD to move the TVs... and I did!! by using the cat carrier to slide my back up LG flat screen off the coffee table in the living room, and then scoot/pull the cat carrier to the TV table in the family room, then lever it up... (left the samsung in the same room tho, covered up) but I did it! I THINK my back will be ok.... :/

FYI- I had gotten the Samsung when the LG died fairly quickly after I got it, and the in home repair guy would not be coming for a week ....

But anyway, GOSH!- seeing my LG picture showed me that the Samsung had been REALLY going out for a while now, because my LG picture is just GORGEOUS! And this set is even bigger than the Samsung... but IF it were to go, I'd have to order a smaller TV that I could handle myself... But hopefully this one will be "LG reliable" since it was repaired by a true LG guy that came to the house and did it under warranty back then... plus I will be a good girl and TURN IT OFF when I leave the room, instead of letting it's screen saver and power off mode do it for me...

Anyway, where there's a will there's a way!!! :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ohhh thanks... I am hanging onto this flatscreen, it has better color ... but found it odd that the POWER refused to go on at all after this happened?? But then if the backlight is dead, NO lights would show? However, I could never use those tools myself... maybe my geek of an ex could tho... thanks!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Which series, @Miss B ((if I may ask)?
It's called Bosch, starring Titus Welliver, which is the last name of the main character in a large set of books by Michael Connelly. If you're not familiar with his books, he also has another series, the first book of which was the basis for the movie Lincoln Lawyer, which starred Matthew McConaughey.

drafter69

Inspired
I love the new show "The Real O'Neals" The openly gay son and the Catholic mother create a wonderful tension that is both thought provoking and fun

eclark1894

Visionary
It had its' moments. Thinking back one of my fave tv shows would have to have been the first couple of years of Sliders. Went downhill after they started making changes and people started leaving.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I would agree with your assessment of Sliders!

Though I watched it many years after it had ended. I liked the first few seasons, but once people started leaving, I didn't like it near as much, and I really disliked the last season.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I love the new show "The Real O'Neals" The openly gay son and the Catholic mother create a wonderful tension that is both thought provoking and fun

is this a comedy or a drama? It sounds interesting ... I just prefer dramas...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I did re-watch Enterprise and found my original dislike of Bakula had vanished? I think it was because I DID NOT LIKE Sliders at all... but I do "believe" Scott B in NCIS New Orleans... at least in the first season, so I'll try season 2 when it comes out.

Meanwhile, I'm re-watching all of BLUE BLOODS ... been long enough now that I can't quite remember HOW each dilemma was solved! It helps pass the time until the new shows come out on DVD...

GAME OF THRONES comes out on DVD next Tues, I CAN'T wait!! I have NOT seen that season yet and my son said it's FULL of the dragons, so can't wait! LOL!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I usually watch Blue Bloods on Thursdays, when one of the cable networks shows reruns all day long. ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
I did re-watch Enterprise and found my original dislike of Bakula had vanished? I think it was because I DID NOT LIKE Sliders at all... but I do "believe" Scott B in NCIS New Orleans... at least in the first season, so I'll try season 2 when it comes out.

Meanwhile, I'm re-watching all of BLUE BLOODS ... been long enough now that I can't quite remember HOW each dilemma was solved! It helps pass the time until the new shows come out on DVD...

GAME OF THRONES comes out on DVD next Tues, I CAN'T wait!! I have NOT seen that season yet and my son said it's FULL of the dragons, so can't wait! LOL!
Bakula wasn't in Sliders.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
huh? wasn't that the time travel thing? oh wait, I was thinking of QUANTUM LEAP! I did not like THAT ONE.... cant' remember Sliders, actually, I may not have watched it... and in looking up his acting credits, he was even in Desperate Housewives!??! huh, can't even remember that at all... maybe that's another one I can re-watch! LOL!

by the way, @frogimus - my ex who knows about how old my flat screen is said:
-------------------
You have LED back-lighting. Something on the board has worn out. Probably because you left it running it slowly overheated over the years. Old ones had florescent bulbs in the back. They don't make those LCD TV's anymore. Everything is LED like your monitor now. The LCD's were too durable. Had I known you just left it running I would have told you not to do that.

You have an edge to edge LED lighting array behind your LCD screen so normally they go out a few at a time. For them all to fail means the problem is on the board.