• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I had to look this one up. This sounds like something I'd like, as I'm into spy/espionage books and movies.

It's not so much spy or espionage as four very bright women who use their skills from Bletchley to solve crimes. But it's very good and they get the life and times across very well.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I watch these on Netflix...
The Vampire Diaries
The Originals
NCIS
Criminal Minds
Law and Order-SVU
American Horror Story
Hemlock Grove

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's not so much spy or espionage as four very bright women who use their skills from Bletchley to solve crimes. But it's very good and they get the life and times across very well.
I'll definitely keep that in mind. I just thought spy/espionage because of the code-breaking.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Highlander is still being shown? I have every episode on video tape, that's how long ago I used to watch that show.
According to my daughter Highlander had six seasons, 3-4 movies all of them on DVD with two spin offs and a reunion special she's not sure if they have been released on DVD. Some of the discs we're getting from my Brother in law.

Yes, it's the original New Tricks I like too. Not interested since Sandra left.

And I just luuurve Adrian Paul in Highlander. I have his Highlander movies and now I want all the series too!
Sandra was awesome and kicked butt! But I also liked the original 3 ex detectives they were all really eccentric.

Very British I only every watched a couple of episodes and keep meaning to watch it on Netflix.

Hemlock Grove
Our netflix is a bit different to the American one it does have Hemlock Grove which I really want to see. It's a bit slow getting vampire diaries and the originals. I have bought 3 episodes of Season 7 on iTunes but I'm waiting for a sale before I get the rest.

Miss B

CV-BEE
According to my daughter Highlander had six seasons, 3-4 movies all of them on DVD with two spin offs and a reunion special she's not sure if they have been released on DVD. Some of the discs we're getting from my Brother in law.
Oh, OK. I haven't checked, but Netflix probably has them. I wouldn't bother renting the TV episodes since I have them on VHS.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
We still have a lot of stuff on VHS we bought something to allow us to convert stuff to digital but we've never gotten around to it...

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Take my pick.. I watch way too much stuff.

Grimm
Orange is the New Black (Netflix only)
Reign
The Originals
The 100
Teen Wolf
Pretty Little Liars
Game of Thrones
Outsiders (Ryaaannnn Huuurrrssssttttt :p)
Bitten
Banshee

I may or may not be forgetting one or two.

I was watching Ray Donovan for a bit, but I didn't keep up with it, and I've heard on more than one occasion that I "need" to watch Dexter and Breaking Bad.

I still miss Sons of Anarchy. That show was like a family to me.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Sons of Anarchy had its series finale. :(
I won't go into detail because spoilers, in case you or anyone else watches it and hasn't seen the entire thing.

Miss B

CV-BEE
No problem. I've never watched it, but have seen adverts for it, so knew it was around for quite a while.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Not sure I'd like Bletchley Circle... I don't like WWII stuff .... but I do like shows that have a LOT of character stuff... does it?

I LOVE Sherlock... am even going to give a try of Benedict's MOVIE "The Imitation Game" he made recently... that actor is ... blush... wow! :)

Me too- vampires... I have ALL of Buffy.... re-watched it at least once...

I'm trying to watch the latest Pretty Little Liars... but having trouble...it's so repetitive...

I tried a long time ago, to get INTO Highlander...got confused ... maybe less character stuff in it? Can't remember....

By the way, has anyone seen Tom Hank's newest nominated film Bridge of Spies.... I'm considering buying it, because I like lawyer stuff and him! LOL!

I tend to like cop shows, especially rookie types... (Rookie Blue a fav!) ... so going to try one British I think called: 19-2 (odd title).

I stay away from doctor and hospital shows...I have a total TERROR of medical stuff from my childhood traumas... I put up with my own dr. visits that I'm forced to do for my fibro meds.... *shudder*. EXCEPT I did watch Grey's Anatomy... cause I LIKE the Katherine Heigl... who was in Roswell (all time fav sci fi!!!!!!)... and of course its' a SOAP really... plus IT'S medical stuff was so OFF THE WALL...

In that vein I am okay with shows about emt's like those on Chicago Fire (LOVE the Chicago Fire, Chicago PD)

I AM a TV show-a-holic for sure! :) EXCEPT for horror... I do not not NOT watch shows like Sleepy Hollow (tried, it put me off, like watching a 'nightmare' on the screen) and Zombie stuff...

Miss B

CV-BEE
I like lawyer stuff and him! LOL!
If you like lawyer stuff, have you caught Suits??? I'm so hooked on that show. If the lawyers at the firm I had worked at for 40 years was anything like those on Suits, I'd still be working there. ;)

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Speaking of medical shows.. I got into House for a while (I love his bitchy sarcasm), but man that show will make you think you've got some weird unpronounceable life threatening disease if you have a hang nail. lol

Miss B

CV-BEE
Speaking of medical shows.. I got into House for a while (I love his bitchy sarcasm), but man that show will make you think you've got some weird unpronounceable life threatening disease if you have a hang nail. lol
:lol:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
iirc it was about a group of women who held important roles during WWII and how they dealt with the post war years and needing more than housework. Is that right Lorraine? I only watched 1 or 2 episodes.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
If you like lawyer stuff, have you caught Suits??? I'm so hooked on that show. If the lawyers at the firm I had worked at for 40 years was anything like those on Suits, I'd still be working there. ;)

Having watched that show the first few seasons, I'm really not sure that's a good thing :p

iirc it was about a group of women who held important roles during WWII and how they dealt with the post war years and needing more than housework. Is that right Lorraine? I only watched 1 or 2 episodes.

Yes, they worked at Bletchley Circle during the war, but now they're back to the roles women were supposed to play. Because of the Secrets Act, they can't TELL anyone. But their work there was to see patterns, and one of them sees patterns in some crimes happening and they get together to solve crimes.

It's awesome. Only was on I think 2 seasons (or was it 3). But it's a wonderful series!