• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

eclark1894

Visionary
You know, I can tell you what shows I liked and even the ones I hated, but telling WHY I liked or hated them requires a bit more introspection. So I'd like to ask that question, not IF you liked a show, but WHY you like a show? And that show is... The Flintstones! I mean, sure I liked the show. It was a cartoon and I was a kid. But when you get right down to it, most of the jokes went right over my head. And I've made this joke before, but why didn't Fred just climb back into the house through the window? The cat did.

eclark1894

Visionary
I just finished watching an episode of the Perry Mason show which comes on MeTV. I remember I used to watch it back when I was a kid with my older sister. I never watched it all the way thru because, most of it was over my head. Although, even as a kid I always wondered why the innocent person would bend over and inevitably pick up the murder weapon. Still, something that happened to me more recently while watching that show is that Berger or some other visiting prosecutor would always complain about Mason using shenaigans or parlor tricks to get his client off. I never understood this because if you watch the show, Perry doesn't do any of this. Also, when he does employ some type of aid in court, it inevitably leads to proving that his client was innocent. How does the district attorney complain about getting an innocent person off and finding the real killer? :D

DanaTA

Distinguished
He complained because Perry was always proving him wrong. And Perry did some shenanigans sometimes. He'd lift a letter from a desk, he'd put up a suspect in a hotel so he/she would be hard to find. I believe there was one case that Perry lost. I always joked about the DA's name Hamilton Berger....hamburger! :p

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
This isn't on tv, but it originated on Saturday Night Live with Will Ferrell and Christopher Walken. It's the infamous "More Cowbell" sketch. I've heard Blue Oyster Cult 's "Don't Fear The Reaper" since the song came out in the 70s. And I don't even like Blue Oyster Cult! Of course, I'm a child of the 70's so of course I've heard both it and "Godzilla". But this skit is hilarious. I didn't even know there was a cowbell used IN the song.:rofl:

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
The new season of the Expanse just started and I am hopeful. Too many shows lately, including go too favorites, have disappointed me lately.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Just finished Interview With A Vampire, VERY GOOD! Watching Ghosts on Amazon Prime, comedy but really good about imparting historical information.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I haven't seen it, but I was not a fan of the movie or the novels it was based on. I have been underwhelmed by a lot of entertainment I had high hopes for this past year. Some things I found and enjoyed were already cancelled (American Gods), Others failed to meet even my most minimum expectations of quality (Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, She Hulk, Obi-Wan Kennobi, Andor, Book of Boba Fett, Adventures of Young Grogu...err... I mean the Mandalorian) - I have actually given up on both Star Wars and the Marvel Universe franchises at this point. I did like Loki, and What If, and though there were some things in Kennobi, the Mandalorian, and Book of Boba Fett I did like there was just a lot of poor writing and poor choices in creative direction imho.
On the other hand, there were some series I watched out of boredom and started to enjoy, such as Yellowstone, and Tulsa King.
I did, more or less enjoy Vikings Ragnarok. While it's not the same without Ragnar, I went into it knowing he was not in it and as a fresh start.
I am anxiously awaiting another season of Invincible. I really enjoyed the first, and though they keep promising another it is a long way off.

I am trying to decide whether or not to give a series that I once loved a second chance after the last two seasons used it as a political soccer ball for gender issues. I have learned they are bringing back one of the favorite actors of recent years, and the best show runner who helmed it in modern times. This has me curious...but not just the poor writing of the last two seasons, but also the attitudes of the cast and crew to criticism has left such a bad taste in my mouth about it.

I have so far enjoyed every season of For all Mankind, and anxiously await the next. It is an alternate History space exploration show with the first season set during the original rtace to the moon. A what could have been, what could be, type show.

Sadly, the Expanse has ended. The way it ended did tie up a lot of the solar system issues and conflicts, but left other HUGE questions as if setting up a sequel or movie event...

I still have mixed feelings on the Orville. It has potential to be great, but still seems unsure what direction it wants to go in. At times it feels fresh and original, doing things Star Trek never would, and other times it very much feels like Star Trek Lite. Sometimes it's super serious, and sometimes it's a little too comical. I do hope they figure it out, as I would like an alternative to the flaming piles of garbage that CBS is shovelling out as Star Trek these days.

robert952

Brilliant
To answer the question: whatever I and/or my wife are currently binge watching. We've been watching Titans (grown up version of Teen Titans in short...not for children because of language and such...much more adult themes and can get quite bloody. But they have good storylines for a comic book themed series - DC comics0. I have been going between Wednesday (the daughter of the Addams family at school), and Dr. Who (from when it came out of hiatus in 2005). DW likes the cooking and baking shows.

We watch several shows via streaming and got hooked on British crime dramas. Fun to watch several seasons and watch the actors change as the show progresses. (Fav there is Midsomer Murders which is now in season 23.)