• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
A typo...I meant 2021. Drinking and typing in the dark with a non-illuminated keyboard is hard work.

DanaTA

Distinguished
It's not available for the public at large - which is what I am referring to. There are other variations of flying cars dating back to the late 70's, but there are no flying cars in mass production for the consumer market. We also have some electric cars, but not in the sort of widespread public use depicted in popular scifi, and don't even get me started on bullet trains and monorails (some nations have public monorails, but not the U.S. except maybe in a few cities and on small scale)
And even if you had one of the current flying cars...you can't just drive it out of your garage and take off! They have to take off and land at an airport, with other small planes.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
There are hoverboards. They just don't actually... hover. :)

I do kinda miss the moving sidewalks. :)
Yeah, I don't get that. They're just fancy skateboards! They're destroying the English language! Hoverboards that don't hover are failures! :D

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
And even if you had one of the current flying cars...you can't just drive it out of your garage and take off! They have to take off and land at an airport, with other small planes.

Dana
That's not exactly true either. I'll admit that as Kageryu said, they're not everyday vehicles or very affordable, but yeah, they do exist for the few who can afford one.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
What people really need is a new source of energy in small package , it would change the world quickly and everything would be possible , or at last anti - gravity technology . That are 2 major things that stopping us from moving forward.

Why would you want a flying cars or hoverboards if you could have iron-man suit , so much better on so many levels, personal and everything in one . But before that , they would need to put all powerlines into the ground lol

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Yeah, I don't get that. They're just fancy skateboards! They're destroying the English language! Hoverboards that don't hover are failures! :D

Dana
just electric skateboards ! or are they ? maybe just electric boards ..

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I see them here a lot, and I really don't like them. The ones with the upright handles for steering aren't so bad, but the ones that don't have those handles are dangerous, and the folks who use them don't seem to care.

I had one guy going in the same direction I was, so I didn't see (or hear) him, and he swept passed me so fast, I stopped dead in my tracks because I was startled. Oh, and this was during one of my power walks, so I was waking at a nice rate of speed when it happened. :mad:

DanaTA

Distinguished
That's not exactly true either. I'll admit that as Kageryu said, they're not everyday vehicles or very affordable, but yeah, they do exist for the few who can afford one.
I didn't say they don't exist, only that you won't be able to take off from the street outside your house. New Hampshire became the first state with flying car regulations. but there are none that are street legal yet, according to this article: NH Flying Cars There are many challenges to becoming an everyday thing: Frontiers - Flying Cars Aviation laws need to be put in place: Aviation Law Analysis The first flying car to be OKed by the FAA is not ready for the roads. They expect that portion of the development to be ready for release in 2022. But, a SportPilot license will be required. FAA cleared flying car Everything I've read so far talks of VertiPorts, special takeoff and landing areas. Nothing so far has said that they can take off from the streets. They will be required to follow some kind of air traffic pathways, probably not allowed to fly over residential areas. There are some that are classified as ultra-lights, not much safety features and not good for much other than fair weather flying. And what I've seen so far says that night flights will not be allowed.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
I didn't say they don't exist, only that you won't be able to take off from the street outside your house. New Hampshire became the first state with flying car regulations. but there are none that are street legal yet, according to this article: NH Flying Cars There are many challenges to becoming an everyday thing: Frontiers - Flying Cars Aviation laws need to be put in place: Aviation Law Analysis The first flying car to be OKed by the FAA is not ready for the roads. They expect that portion of the development to be ready for release in 2022. But, a SportPilot license will be required. FAA cleared flying car Everything I've read so far talks of VertiPorts, special takeoff and landing areas. Nothing so far has said that they can take off from the streets. They will be required to follow some kind of air traffic pathways, probably not allowed to fly over residential areas. There are some that are classified as ultra-lights, not much safety features and not good for much other than fair weather flying. And what I've seen so far says that night flights will not be allowed.

Dana
I know you didn't say they don't exist, but I was referring to how they had one that you could keep in your garage and convert without a runway. It was the last car that was in the video I posted. Yes, it's seems to still be under development which is why I said it wasn't an everyday vehicle or very affordable.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I see them here a lot, and I really don't like them. The ones with the upright handles for steering aren't so bad, but the ones that don't have those handles are dangerous, and the folks who use them don't seem to care.

I had one guy going in the same direction I was, so I didn't see (or hear) him, and he swept passed me so fast, I stopped dead in my tracks because I was startled. Oh, and this was during one of my power walks, so I was waking at a nice rate of speed when it happened. :mad:
Happened once , I scared so much my chest muscle was hurting after , like a thunder he came from nowhere , as usual everyone is waiting for someone to get seriously hurt before they change the law.

eclark1894

Visionary
Anybody remember Flip Wilson? I used to love watching his show on Thursday nights.

This is a clip from his appearance on the Dean Martin Show.

eclark1894

Visionary
Two of the funniest comedians from the 1970s. Flip Wilson and Redd Foxx. I will say that i learned something new today. I thought Flip Wilson died sometime in the 70s or early eighties. Found out today that he didn't die until 1998. Seven years AFTER Foxx.

eclark1894

Visionary
Just finished watching the pilot episode of Malcolm in the Middle. I had forgotten how Hilarious that show actually was. The scene where they were watching Saturday morning cartoons was hilarious. Looking at it, it's hard to think that it was back in the year 2000. There were still Saturday morning cartoons. Kids didn't all have cellphones, and the Internet was still being developed. I just had a weird thought though. What if Yound Sheldon met Malcolm. I'd love to see that, or even what would happen if they met today.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'll be honest, I didn't know quite where to post this one because it's not really about one of my favorite movie franchises, but about one of the actors in it. If you remember the Police Academy movies, then you may remember Officer House. His real name was Tab Thacker, and believe it or not Tab was a friend of mine. I met him in college at NC State. He was on the wrestling team. I remember when he started acting. It was in the Police Academy movie "Citizens on Patrol". You wouldn't think a guy that big would be so gentle. At any rate, I was thinking about police Academy today, and that got me to thinking about Tab. Unfortunately, Tab died in 2008 from diabetes. He literally lived around the corner from me. Think I'll go watch Police Academy.:)

1626518913031.png

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Just finished watching the pilot episode of Malcolm in the Middle. I had forgotten how Hilarious that show actually was. The scene where they were watching Saturday morning cartoons was hilarious. Looking at it, it's hard to think that it was back in the year 2000. There were still Saturday morning cartoons. Kids didn't all have cellphones, and the Internet was still being developed. I just had a weird thought though. What if Yound Sheldon met Malcolm. I'd love to see that, or even what would happen if they met today.

Who would have guessed Bryan Cranston would become the amazing actor he is today. He shows a lot of comedic talent in Malcolm but in Breaking Bad he's amazing as a drama (not sure of the word) actor. It's like his emotions are right on the surface. Kevin Spacey used to be my favorite actor - I appreciated he kept his personal life away from his art. He also has such a subtleness about him. But with all the drama surrounding Spacey and him being such a sleeze, it's now Bryan Cranston.

eclark1894

Visionary
Who would have guessed Bryan Cranston would become the amazing actor he is today. He shows a lot of comedic talent in Malcolm but in Breaking Bad he's amazing as a drama (not sure of the word) actor. It's like his emotions are right on the surface. Kevin Spacey used to be my favorite actor - I appreciated he kept his personal life away from his art. He also has such a subtleness about him. But with all the drama surrounding Spacey and him being such a sleeze, it's now Bryan Cranston.
Speaking of Kevin Spacey, Have you ever watched the movie "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil"? This was some years ago, but now in light of the accusations about him, that movie makes me wonder.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Speaking of Kevin Spacey, Have you ever watched the movie "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil"? This was some years ago, but now in light of the accusations about him, that movie makes me wonder.
I know right. Guess he added the extra creep factor which really made the movie good.

His favorite movies of mine are The Usual Suspects and K-Pax. Hmm I just looked him up he's acting again looks like. Figured he would be black balled forever.