• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

frogimus

Adventurous
My teen daughter and I just binge-watched Black Books on Netflix. Hilarious! We both love British humor. And she says the main character is just like me other than I don't drink. But I am antisocial.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I always thought Deep Space 9 was the best Trek show ever, and I'm old enough to remember the original series, and yes, I recognized your avatar, though don't ask me his name, as the memory stinks the older you get. :rofl:

Of course, as good as DS9 was, Babylon 5 was still my favorite Sci-Fi show back in the day.

frogimus

Adventurous
I always thought Deep Space 9 was the best Trek show ever, and I'm old enough to remember the original series, and yes, I recognized your avatar, though don't ask me his name, as the memory stinks the older you get. :rofl:

Of course, as good as DS9 was, Babylon 5 was still my favorite Sci-Fi show back in the day.
I have the entire B5 series on DVD. That, and Stargate are the only real-people series I've ever bought (everything else is anime).

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh Stargate, that was a fabulous show too, at least the original was. Stargate Atlantis was OK, but not up to snuff.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
OH I'd agree... DS9 was the BEST... well... but I did enjoy Voyager too... then again, I loved Picard in Next Gen... and I actually just bought and sat through the entire ENTERPRISE and actually enjoyed it... tho I won't re-watch those DVDs...

I'm well into NUMB3RS now and loving it... it's so different!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh Stargate, that was a fabulous show too, at least the original was. Stargate Atlantis was OK, but not up to snuff.

oh YES... LOVED the FRIST Stargate... and also really loved Babylon 5.... I agree, SG Atlantis... meh!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Any Trek. Not as crazy about "Enterprise" but the others...love them all...

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yeah, I didn't like Enterprise either. I'm not much of a fan of Scott Bakula, and I didn't think they script writing lived up to what we always expected from a Trek series. True it was supposed to be a prequel to the original series, but I just couldn't get into it at all.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
My teen daughter and I just binge-watched Black Books on Netflix. Hilarious! We both love British humor. And she says the main character is just like me other than I don't drink. But I am antisocial.
Yep...really funny show. With some really great episodes...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I've started re-watching IN PLAIN SIGHT... a 2008 USA network series that ran 5 years, about 'witsec' (the witness protection program - here is the USA) - and I forgot how FUNNY it is, besides touching, dramatic, etc... very good TV... it was back when that network's phrase was: We welcome characters! and of course any show that is more character driven is really good, in my opinion.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, I always liked that show. USA always had some great programming, and still has a good many of my favorite shows. Are you watching replays on TV, or did you pick up the DVDs?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oh I have the whole set of DVDs... so I can RE-binge watch my favorite shows.... my 'intuition' seems to know what I 'need' to watch at any given time... I caught sight of WEST WING in my closet, when getting IN PLAIN SIGHT down... I've turned an entire bedroom closet into a DVD library... and it's pretty much over flowed into a hall closet that I just put a shelving unit into... and that's beside my 'current watching shelves' downstairs in the living room (a room I only store things in sort of- I live, eat, TV and have my Nickie cat in the big Family-kitchen room- tho it has one smaller set of shelves with my 'watching right this minute' or stacks of brand new DVDs waiting... so yesssss I have a LOT of DVDs... :rolleyes: I love being able to re-watch the previous season of any show, when I get the brand new season on DVD in hand...doubles the pleasure I guess! LOL!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhhhh, I always wanted to get the DVDs for West Wing. One of my all time fave shows. The acting and writing on that show was superb.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Me too - we taped a lot of it but much is on video tape and we're missing some of the last season

Deecey

Admirable
Contributing Artist
Fun thread!!!

Supernatural is one of my guilty pleasures. Fun and quirky.

I dare you not to laugh ... the "That was scary" clip that comes in at around the 2 minute mark is one of my all time favorites.

Deecey

Admirable
Contributing Artist
That one ... and the UFO/Fairy episode are my favorites. Such a fun show, which reminds me I need to get the last season on DVD. Have to have them all, doncha know! LOL

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So does my son except for the last season which for some reason annoyed him with the direction they took it in.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Scott Bakula is one of my favorite actors, so I loved Enterprise. I had a hard time getting into Voyager. It took me a very long time to warm up to Janeway. I'm not sure I ever really did fully warm up to her.

Funny how as I got older, I had more and more problems with Captain Kirk.

I think it's likely that Deep Space Nine is my favorite, followed by Enterprise. While I also think highly of Patrick Stewart, I just didn't care for the Borg storylines. I'm not sure whether I ever saw the entire series. I stopped watching TV during its run. It was quite a few years before I started watching "tv" again, not until online streaming hit the scene.