• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That's exactly right, Alisa. I really enjoyed the series I saw. Missed the second unfortunately but fingers crossed for reruns.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Having watched that show the first few seasons, I'm really not sure that's a good thing :p
Well, if I had to choose a character closest to my own attitude, I'd have to say I'm Donna, as I never took cr*p from anyone, even my boss.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
That's exactly right, Alisa. I really enjoyed the series I saw. Missed the second unfortunately but fingers crossed for reruns.

I got it out of the library (both seasons) so you may want to check there....

Well, if I had to choose a character closest to my own attitude, I'd have to say I'm Donna, as I never took cr*p from anyone, even my boss.

:)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I just got and watched Downton Abby season 6- the final one.... I love this world/show SO SO SO much, I'm now re-watching it from the beginning! Yay for DVDs! LOL!! I RELAX so much watching this show....really takes me out of my 'stuff' in life...

I also just got the entire series of Numb3rs.... I watched season 1, and I DO um...er... enjoy looking at the clever mathematician brother... giggle! But seriously, the relationship between brothers/father....and the professor is GREAT.... I HATE MATH, but I see I can enjoy this show! :)

I also bought the two nominated Oscar movies...and one little known one recommended to me as being VERY good : 50 to 1 about a little horse that won the Kentucky Derby... love horse movies!!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I just got and watched Downton Abby season 6- the final one.... I love this world/show SO SO SO much, I'm now re-watching it from the beginning! Yay for DVDs! LOL!! I RELAX so much watching this show....really takes me out of my 'stuff' in life...

I also just got the entire series of Numb3rs.... I watched season 1, and I DO um...er... enjoy looking at the clever mathematician brother... giggle! But seriously, the relationship between brothers/father....and the professor is GREAT.... I HATE MATH, but I see I can enjoy this show! :)

I also bought the two nominated Oscar movies...and one little known one recommended to me as being VERY good : 50 to 1 about a little horse that won the Kentucky Derby... love horse movies!!

Numb3rs reruns are on TV here late night. Love that show.

Doesn't Charlie's hair remind you of Neftis' Digital Curlz?

McGyver

Energetic
I don't really have a favorite TV show... I do watch TV though, mostly I get disturbed while watching, so nothing is ever finished... I liked Law and Order when it was still on... They play reruns on a couple of channels, but seems like the same ones keep coming back quickly... CSI Miami is a great comedy show, with David Caruso as Batman using Star Trek technology to solve crimes in seconds... David Caruso/Batman: "Larry, whats that?... It looks like a stray fragment of one of the killer's blood cells... On the floor next to that dead mite... Put it in the electrocellfragmentbiomoleculariser and see if it can tell me who to shoot." Larry: "Okay boss, hold on... Done! It belongs to Barney Flumpmeister of 225 maple street, west gator park Florida... It's showing that he is sitting on his sofa right now, so if you hurry you can shoot him before the commercial"... David Caruso: (Tilting sunglasses down coyly) "I'm on it... " Classic... Better than any 70s crime show/comedy and makes Starsky and Hutch's driving through crowds and running into fruit vendors look truly cerebral. I love the four foot wide transparent computer monitors that the CIA doesn't even have... I'm not quite sure the Enterprise even had any that good. I used to watch the Discovery Channel, Nature, and The History Channel before they became The Bigfoot Channel, Ancient Aliens Network and The Running Around Naked In The Woods Eating Bugs Channel... One day they were showing great documentaries and educational programs and the next some guy with crazy hair took over and blamed everything in history on aliens... And not even the entertaining ones that kept pissing off Sigourney Weaver, crappy ones that just probe you without so much as a thank you. But thanks to Netflix, I can now appreciate how truly terrible most of the shows in the 70s and 80s really were... If I could actually stand to watch some... Although, Columbo and one or two others were okay. I'm too critical of TV though, I pick everthing apart and make fun of everything, to be honest for the most part only one of my daughters can stand to watch TV with me and she does the same thing too.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
A little bit...I have Seasons 1-5 on DVD and much prefer watching DVD's especially if they have subtitles.

@McGyver so funny....my kids complain when we do that also.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ROFL! McGyver! :)

Flashpoint is a GREAT series... I think the Canadians are a lot more serious about QUALITY tv!! I will buy nearly anything made by/created there... ! (Flashpoint is Canadian, so is great FAMILY tv like HEARTLAND (horses and family, doesn't get any better!)

I will say I have been thinking of re-watching IN PLAIN SIGHT soon... Ever thought about how the USA does it!? When a show is REALLY quality they often CANCEL it!!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I liked that show too Lyne. Are you going to re-watch reruns on TV, or did you get it on dvd?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I don't get ANY tv connections... DVD's only....that way I can watch when/how etc.. with no hassle... my player remembers where I left off. :)

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Trek for me! TOS and Next Gen. Loved that Trek convention picture that was posted!

My daughter took me to Nimoy's last convention appearance in Vegas. That place was a wild circus- tons of fun! And everyone including Nimoy tearing up during his speech.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yeah, I wouldn't mind knowing that too. I've often thought he should be a writer, if he wasn't one already. ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Trek for me! TOS and Next Gen. Loved that Trek convention picture that was posted!

My daughter took me to Nimoy's last convention appearance in Vegas. That place was a wild circus- tons of fun! And everyone including Nimoy tearing up during his speech.

You are SO lucky!!!!!!!!!!! Gosh!!! You know Leonard Nemoy was in a few episodes of FRINGE .... It's beyond sad that he has passed, but he is out there in the stars now!

Zaarin

Brilliant
I don't watch much TV. The only show I really care for aired well before I was old enough to watch or appreciate it (I learned to love it from DVDs), and that is Star Trek: Deep Space 9 (that would explain my avatar ;) ). Terry Farrell (Jadzia Dax) remains my only celebrity crush--except for the awkward fact that she's a year younger than my mother. :p I also like The Next Generation well enough, though it's sort of shallow compared to DS9 in my opinion (despite some standout episodes like "Darmok" and "The Inner Light"). I don't like Voyager at all, never watched Enterprise, and have a hard time not laughing at The Original Series. ;)