• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

Digitell

Enthusiast
Just ran across this thread! I too like TV shows!! So many that I enjoy and I love the wide variety..I dont like gore/slasher films either..however..I do LOVE The Walking Dead! It is not about the Zombies so much..but about the people and their relationships and how they cope and change as individuals!
Defiance was one of my favorites! I was sooooo hoping that someone would create a character that resembles Stamah Tarr!! She is sooo beautiful! But no one did :(
My other favorites are Blacklist, CSI Cyber, Criminals Minds..that one is border line cause it involves torture alot..which I HATE!
I love Vampire Diaries and the Originals too! Grimm! Love Grimm!! :)..starting to like Shades of Blue and I do like Blue Bloods too! :)

Zaarin

Brilliant
Garak was an awesome character..your avatar always makes me smile.

I loved all of the Trek shows (Enterprise was my least favorite). I hear what you're saying, but I think that in looking at all of Voyager, there are flaws in all the characters - I don't think they were presented as too perfect. I had trouble warming up to some of them, but overall, I just enjoy all of the series. They're things I can watch over and over!

Watched Babylon 5 and while I think it's a great series, I have the same personal quibble with it that I did with DS 9 - I don't like when a really negative storyline drags on and on endlessly, and both had that happen at some point. But that's just me.

"The Inner Light" was an awesome episode!
I haven't seen a single episode of Enterprise, I'm afraid. With Voyager I've watched the pilot and a scattering of other episodes. I intended to try to trudge my way through it, but then CBS.com went subscription (I was also a season away from finishing TNG, so I still haven't seen all of season 7 >_<). My problem with Voyager, unlike TNG, wasn't that the characters lacked flaws; it's that they lacked positive traits. :p I only liked Janeway because Kate Mulgrew is a brilliant actress; I have no idea where the show would be without her. I actually read an interview with Mulgrew where she said that the only way she could account for the character's inconsistent writing was to play her as though she were bipolar. O_O I also ready that Ronald D. Moore left the writing staff early on because he felt that the producers were more interested in action and SFX than storytelling.

I can see how late DS9 can get a bit heavy, especially season 6. But I personally love heavy storytelling; that's why I was a lit major. :D

Have to agree about Garak, Alisa! and his interaction with the doctor was hysterical/enjoyable!
Yes, indeed. Dr. Bashir is my favorite of the main cast. Especially after it's revealed *SPOILER* that he's genetically modified */SPOILER*. I found that extremely relatable, as I've felt similarly about the effects my Aspergers. Some note for Odo.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Digitell hey, glad you found this thread... and we have similar tastes (except I never watched walking dead...Zombies - and that makeup- just are toooo much for me...creeps me out- even though many have said that show has great characters one cares about) I like Criminal Minds too... YAY for female leads!! I'm re-watching Blue Bloods right now and about to watch the last season of Rookie Blue (a lighter favorite). :)

Another one that only lasted 3 seasons on the Hallmark channel is CEDER COVE with Andie McDowel... what a great little show! I JUST got season 3 so PLEASE don't do spoilers for me, ok? As I've said I ONLY watch TV shows via my DVDs- so I'm a year behind...

Digitell

Enthusiast
Hi, Yea The Walking Dead..my fav..you know the first time I tried watching it and turned it off..thought I couldnt watch it cause too gory..then everyone was talking about how great it was and so I gave it another chance..the characters..you do care about them..alot! I cry, and scream and everything while watching..you never know who they will kill off! Intense!
I am watching a new Criminal Minds in a few minutes and then a new show coming on Criminal Minds:Beyond Borders..with an old CSI guy.
I never heard of Ceder Cove! I like Andie McDowel! I do alot of recording on DVD too..so much to watch too little time! :)

eclark1894

Visionary
The only thing about Voyager that I didn't like was the fact that as many times as Q appeared on the show Janeway never asked him to send them home. I mean, it's not like he didn't owe them a favor or two.

As for zombies, I don't get the popularity. It just completely stumps me as to what the appeal is.

frogimus

Adventurous
I liked 20th century zombies. In the last few years, zombies are overdone. I don't watch movies or shows with zombies or play video games with zombies. I even tend to avoid using them when I DM D&D. Too much is too much.

I liked Voyager when it first started. But it wasn't enough to hold my attention more than a few episodes. TNG is still my favorite series of Star Trek, but for the ST Movies, I really liked the ones with the original cast.

eclark1894

Visionary

I liked Voyager when it first started. But it wasn't enough to hold my attention more than a few episodes. TNG is still my favorite series of Star Trek, but for the ST Movies, I really liked the ones with the original cast.
I'm definitely a fan of TOS, but I did like TNG.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I've been putting off getting a season pass on iTunes for Season 7 of the Vampire Diaries as it was $49. Yesterday I was home sick and flicking through a variety of things on tv and saw that it was currently at $19.99 so I grabbed it quick.

I am watching a new Criminal Minds in a few minutes and then a new show coming on Criminal Minds:Beyond Borders..with an old CSI guy.
I never heard of Ceder Cove! I like Andie McDowel! I do alot of recording on DVD too..so much to watch too little time! :)
I'll have to check this out it sounds interesting.

Okay, a movie rather than television. But my favorite modern director and my favorite recent bestseller meets!
Wow...this looks amazing!

Digitell

Enthusiast
Has anyone out there watched the Justified series? It finished the final season last year..I have been watching it on Amazon Prime and just watched the last episode last night. It is an awesome show..about southern folk outlaws and lawmen, who sorta have a love/hate relationship..lots of action and you really care about the characters! Sam Elliot is on it in the last season (6)..there are six seasons.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I've seen all but the last season...my daughter is a big fan. I can never get over the difference between the actor who plays the main character in it to his role in Diehard...such different roles.

She recently picked up Scorpions from iTunes which is an interesting series also.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I tried the first season of Justified... just couldn't get into it...can't remember now, why... though if a show does not pull me into caring about the characters, and have at least SOME female leads, I don't care for it...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Anyone remember Judging AMY ? I've been waiting (and STILL AM) for IT to come to DVD...seems there is some major problems with the rights to parts...music, someone wanting too much $$...so it hasn't.... talk about a great show that was both interesting (the law/lawyers) and had HEART...family relations... and great actors... sigh!

Digitell

Enthusiast
I tried the first season of Justified... just couldn't get into it...can't remember now, why... though if a show does not pull me into caring about the characters, and have at least SOME female leads, I don't care for it...
Ava was the main female in it..There were no real romantic squishy feelings..just strong characters..Ava was very strong and did what she had to in order to survive..it was a great show.

Never saw or heard of Judging Amy..

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oh oh showing my age... but then... if you don't have a 'wattle' you're too young to remember Judging Amy... grin! and Justified... well hmm that's how much it impressed me.... I can't remember a female in it!? oh well... different strokes for different folks. :)

Digitell

Enthusiast
oh oh showing my age... but then... if you don't have a 'wattle' you're too young to remember Judging Amy... grin! and Justified... well hmm that's how much it impressed me.... I can't remember a female in it!? oh well... different strokes for different folks. :)
I am 56 yrs old..but no wattle yet lol..working on it tho... :)